Windows 10: PC wont boot after i set a paging file of 5000mb - 10000mb on both drives

Discus and support PC wont boot after i set a paging file of 5000mb - 10000mb on both drives in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was trying to increase my vram so i added a paging file of 5000 mb- 10000mb to my C: Drive and bumped the size of my E: Drive from 3000mb - 5000mb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WaylenWasylenka, Feb 5, 2020.

1. PC wont boot after i set a paging file of 5000mb - 10000mb on both drives

I was trying to increase my vram so i added a paging file of 5000 mb- 10000mb to my C: Drive and bumped the size of my E: Drive from 3000mb - 5000mb to 5000mb - 10000mb. Since doing that 1 of 6 things happen when I attempt to boot up my PC. I have a MSI Motherboard.

1. The PC Turns on for about 7 seconds and turns off

2. PC goes into bios loading screen and then screen goes black

3. PC Boots up and on the bios loading screen it just says "Please Wait"

4. PC Boots up and bios loading screen says "Preparing Automatic Repair"

5. PC boots into login screen and when I log in after it says welcome black screen and power to keypoard, mouse etc stop.

6. I am able to log and the desktop is shown for 2s then the blue screen saying windows has to restart your PC happens

And for #6 when i saw my desktop all my files were gone.

:)

WaylenWasylenka, Feb 5, 2020
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Jonathan Win User
    How do I resolve the error message: Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer

I booted my machine, and suddenly got this pop-up:

When I close the pop-up, I see the Performance dialog saying Total paging file size for all drives: 0 MB. I've never changed pagefile settings, and the Change... button shows that it's set to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.

I've tried to set to the different settings belowand reboot, but always got the same popup:

1. Select drive, set to system manage size
    2. Select drive, set to No paging file
    3. Custom size: Initial: 5000MB, Maximum: 10000MB

This answers.microsoft.com post suggests I:

• Disable pagefile - Even if I do, I get the same pop-up
    • Delete c:\pagefile.sys - can't get deleted
    • Set partition pagefile attribute using DISKPART - but HELP ATTRIBUTES DISK says READONLY is currently the only disk flag that may be changed.

Specs

• Machine: Lenovo X230, 16GB RAM
    • Disk: Samsung Evo 850, formatted as a single C: drive.

Jonathan, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Chapapa07 Win User

PC wont boot after i set a paging file of 5000mb - 10000mb on both drives

Low performance after setting the paging file

Ok, I ll check what happen.

EDIT:
    Nothing happened.... the bios didnt post.

The paging file is not my cocern now because I have a new HDD with a fresh OS.

Chapapa07, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

PC wont boot after i set a paging file of 5000mb - 10000mb on both drives

1. PC wont boot after i set a paging file of 5000mb - 10000mb on both drives - Similar Threads - wont boot set

2. I couldn't find the both drive SSD and hdd in boot settings to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I couldn't find the both drive SSD and hdd in boot settings to boot: From starting I to migrated from hdd to SSD I copied the data and then when got to BIOS settings and boot settings I couldn't find both hdd and SSD in priorities to SSD ,please help in this problem TQ...
  3. I couldn't find the both drive SSD and hdd in boot settings to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I couldn't find the both drive SSD and hdd in boot settings to boot: From starting I to migrated from hdd to SSD I copied the data and then when got to BIOS settings and boot settings I couldn't find both hdd and SSD in priorities to SSD ,please help in this problem TQ...
  4. I couldn't find the both drive SSD and hdd in boot settings to boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. After mobing my windows drive to another pc it wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After mobing my windows drive to another pc it wont boot: I keep getting an error which says that it cant find the winload.efi file. I can open the drive on another pc and see the winload.efi file in the E:\windows\system32\ directory. I've tried to turn CSM support on/off and secureboot on/off. I used Diskgenius to convert the...
  6. After mobing my windows drive to another pc it wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After mobing my windows drive to another pc it wont boot: I keep getting an error which says that it cant find the winload.efi file. I can open the drive on another pc and see the winload.efi file in the E:\windows\system32\ directory. I've tried to turn CSM support on/off and secureboot on/off. I used Diskgenius to convert the...
  7. After mobing my windows drive to another pc it wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Pc wont boot wont BIOS after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc wont boot wont BIOS after BSOD: Hi my pc is a win10 machine it seemed to break last night bios while trying to restore it as it was corrupt, bios and before that the startup had 2 PEs n I was trying to get Ted of disk genius PE to leave MACRIUMs PE, n said it was restoring BIOS from the backup GIGABYTE...
  9. PC wont boot after i set a paging file of 5000mb - 10000mb on both drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC wont boot after i set a paging file of 5000mb - 10000mb on both drives: I was trying to increase my vram so i added a paging file of 5000 mb- 10000mb to my C: Drive and bumped the size of my E: Drive from 3000mb - 5000mb to 5000mb - 10000mb. Since doing that 1 of 6 things happen when I attempt to boot up my PC. I have a MSI Motherboard. The PC...
  10. PC wont boot after clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    PC wont boot after clone: Hi, So i cloned my hhd to ssd with EaseUS todo backup. When i rebooted i changed the 1st boot option to my ssd and got this message : reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. I went back to the bios and changed...