Windows 10: PC won't boot after recent Windows 10 Update installed Wednesday 15th

Discus and support PC won't boot after recent Windows 10 Update installed Wednesday 15th in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm assuming my PC underwent a recent update as I put it into sleep mode and it turned itself back on which I then logged in and put it back into sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RylanLewisuk91, May 17, 2019.

1. PC won't boot after recent Windows 10 Update installed Wednesday 15th

I'm assuming my PC underwent a recent update as I put it into sleep mode and it turned itself back on which I then logged in and put it back into sleep mode and again after it was in sleep mode it restarted itself and was back on the log in screen so again I logged in and put it back into sleep mode, at that point I think it remained in sleep mode.

So it happened a total of two times but at the time I was half a sleep and didn't wait to see if any information was displayed on the screen such as it trying to complete an update but I'm going to assume an update did take place.

I think this happened on the night of Wednesday 15th and I tried to use my PC for the first time yesterday evening on Thursday 16th and which point the PC was displaying the desktop but I realised it stated there was no internet connection although all other devices in my house were connected to the internet and functioning fine.

I restarted the PC hoping it would rectify the issue but after the restart the PC became stuck in an endless loop on the "MSI" motherboard boot screen with the windows spinning circle.

I forced a shut down 3 times to initiate safe mode but when the PC restarts it again becomes stuck with the spinning circle and a dialogue box that states "Preparing Automatic Repair". It eventually moves on to a black screen in which you can see the cursor when the mouse is moved but theres no display text so you are unable to view or select anything. I tried this method twice, both with the same outcome.

I also attempted to boot from the USB which I had used to install windows earlier this year. I managed to access the Boot menu and select the USB as the device to boot from but upon it loading the Windows Setup screen it just shows a blank Purple/Blue screen with the mouse cursor but no display text so again I'm unable to select anything.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm due to hand in assignment for university and use PC for video editing so the sooner I can get this problem fixed the better.

PC Specifications

Operating System: Windows 10

Processor: Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz

Motherboard: MSI ATX Z270 Tomahawk Arctic

Ram: Corsair 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB Sticks)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

500GB SSD - (which the OS is stored on)

256GB SSD - (User Folders)

2TB HDD - (Storage)

2TB HDD - (Storage)

PC won't boot after recent Windows 10 Update installed Wednesday 15th d9c98ade-a55b-47b0-9b5b-edda9a9833ab?upload=true.jpg PC won't boot after recent Windows 10 Update installed Wednesday 15th [​IMG]

:)

RylanLewisuk91, May 17, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 17, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

PC won't boot after recent Windows 10 Update installed Wednesday 15th

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2019
Thema:

PC won't boot after recent Windows 10 Update installed Wednesday 15th

1. PC won't boot after recent Windows 10 Update installed Wednesday 15th - Similar Threads - won't boot recent

2. Windows 10 PC won't boot after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC won't boot after update: Recently updated windows 10 PC and will not boot to windows. Only the motherboard manufacturers screen is shown then a screen that says "Reboot and select proper boot device or ...". I can also access bios, system information and boot menu.Any suggestions on getting it to...
  3. Windows 10 PC won't boot after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC won't boot after update: Recently updated windows 10 PC and will not boot to windows. Only the motherboard manufacturers screen is shown then a screen that says "Reboot and select proper boot device or ...". I can also access bios, system information and boot menu.Any suggestions on getting it to...
  4. Windows 10 PC won't boot after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation: I reinstalled windows 10 20H2 in my windows 8.1 with bing lenovo laptop. After reinstalling windows 10, the pc restarts but stuck in black screen, black with backlight only, not even showing lenovo logo. But when I forced restart through power button, the pc boot without...
  6. PC won't boot after Windows update. Have to uninstall recent update to boot. Has happened...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't boot after Windows update. Have to uninstall recent update to boot. Has happened...: I'm not really sure what the issue is, whether it's a fault in the update, or if it's my hardware. Obviously I want to find out what the issue is as I don't want my updates on pause forever. Here are some of my specs (wasn't sure what was relevant sorry): OS Name Microsoft...
  7. PC won't boot after installing updates

PC won't boot after installing updates: I was running Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 3. After some updates were installed, the laptop needed to restart. Now when I turn it on, I get a message that says there is no bootable device. I can't even get into BIOS and I don't have a disk or USB to boot from. What are my...
  8. Cannot boot PC after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot PC after recent update: Last week I downloaded the August update to my Lenovo 410 IdeaCentre PC. Two days later, I was unable to boot up the PC at all. The message 'Preparing automatic Repair' is displayed but nothing happens. I have tried all sorts of things to try to remedy the problem but...
  9. PC won't boot after last Windows 10 update

PC won't boot after last Windows 10 update: Hi there, I've run into a problem with my Windows desktop PC and I was wondering if anyone here could help me solve it. I've been running Windows 7 on my desktop PC for a long time, two months ago I finally upgraded to Windows 10. Everything worked perfectly, until the...
  10. Pc won't boot after windows update

Pc won't boot after windows update: I have a Lenovo H30-50 which came preinstalled with Windows 8.1. This was upgraded to Windows 10 for free (I believe by Microsoft itself as part of an update). Yesterday while using the pc, a prompt came up informing me of an important update. While I can't recall all the...