Windows 10: PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD

Discus and support PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]SSDs are solid-state Drives known for their high data transfer speeds. Therefore, installing Windows OS on an SSD results in better computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 29, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD

PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD [​IMG]
    SSDs are solid-state Drives known for their high data transfer speeds. Therefore, installing Windows OS on an SSD results in better computer performance. What if your Windows PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing a new SSD? This article will show us what you can do in such a situation. Windows PC won’t boot after […]

This article PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 29, 2024
  2. DanteAM Win User

Can´t boot after installing windows 10 in a new ssd.

Motherboard: ASRock H61M-S

SSD: Teamgroup GX2 128gb (brand new)

The problem started when i tried to install windows 10 in this ssd.

To clarify the ssd itself works fine, i can download stuff to it, open files, etc.

This is the order of what happend step by step:

.Firstly i download the installer from microsoft to the usb.

.Then i plugged it in and run the computer with the ssd and the usb only

.The installer opens up so i choose language and the other things.

.Now in the partitions section i clean everything (only ssd conected) and download there

.No errors pop up and the pc resets as it should but i am sent to the installer instead of the windows instalation section.

.I reset the pc and go to BIOS to check the order and i notice that the ssd doesn´t say UEFI on top so i change the order so the ssd starts first but i get a black screen with an underscore blinking so i wait and it goes directly to the windows installer.

.I turn off the pc unplug the usb and retry only to get greeted by the connect a boot device screen.

.I try redoing everything so i go back to the windows installer and create a new partition with the disk and install it there (removing the already created partitions)

.Exact same issue happend as before

.To check if theres something wrong with the USB i install Windows in a different disk (a hard drive) following the first steop of installation and worked fine.

Is there something wrong with the ssd? Is it not compatible? Did i do something wrong? Thanks in advance.

DanteAM, Apr 29, 2024
  3. ddarryl Win User
    Can`t Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit Windows 10

I tried upgrading my notebook/tablet pc from 32-bit to 64-bit windows 10. But it won`t boot from my usb. I checked if its compatible and followed the steps, but I didn`t get the windows "install now" option.

ddarryl, Apr 29, 2024
  4. PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD

New ssd won't boot up without old ssd attached to pc - new ssd only has one partition

Only the old ssd is listed in the boot order as the new ssd doesn't have an MBR partition.

The pc recognizes both devices as connected (and I use the new ssd for more than a year with windows installed on it) it just doesn't have the necessary partition for booting up, thats why the ssd doesn't show up as an option in the boot order.

Marnix Houthuys, Apr 29, 2024
Thema:

PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD

1. PC won’t boot after upgrading or installing new SSD - Similar Threads - won’t boot upgrading

2. PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.: I just installed a new Ryzen 7 1700x into my Dell Inspiron 5675, upgrading from my Ryzen 3 1200.At first, a message came asking whether or not i wanted to reset my fTPM keys. After clicking ‘Yes’, I had never used bitlocker in my life my PC would not load into Windows 11, and...
  3. PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Won’t boot after installing new CPU and enabling TPM.: I just installed a new Ryzen 7 1700x into my Dell Inspiron 5675, upgrading from my Ryzen 3 1200.At first, a message came asking whether or not i wanted to reset my fTPM keys. After clicking ‘Yes’, I had never used bitlocker in my life my PC would not load into Windows 11, and...
  4. PC won’t boot after new gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won’t boot after new gpu: After making the switch, the pc booted normally but very slow response and no applications would load, the computer would freeze and have to restart. Eventually, it wouldn’t boot up at all and messing with UEFI and legacy settings enabled me to be in startup lookup with...
  5. PC won’t boot after new gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won’t boot after new gpu: After making the switch, the pc booted normally but very slow response and no applications would load, the computer would freeze and have to restart. Eventually, it wouldn’t boot up at all and messing with UEFI and legacy settings enabled me to be in startup lookup with...
  6. PC won’t boot after new gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC won’t boot after SSD replaced

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC won’t boot after SSD replaced: Lenovo Yoga 11S, - installed a replacement SSD, “Information” tab on BIOS shows SSD 128G but “Boot” tab doesn’t show SSD drive. Mode = UEFI, Fast Boot = Disabled, USB Boot = Enabled...
  8. Ssd won’t boot

Ssd won’t boot: I cloned the different sections of my 250gb ssd to the new 1tb ssd using Acronis Disk Director, then after looking in AOMEI partition I changed the letter of the drive from C to another letter not sure what one now clicked restart intending to then change the new ssd to C and...
  9. PC won't boot after installing new SSD

PC won't boot after installing new SSD: Hi, I just bought and installed a new SSD on my PC previously had an SSD and HD. But when I tried to boot the PC, it showed a message "reboot and select proper boot device... Press a key". I was able to boot the PC using windows boot manager. But the booting process is...
  10. Windows won’t boot after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won’t boot after upgrade.: I went to upgrade from home to pro. Windows home was updated. 300gb left on ssd. Went to upgrade and it restarts and goes in repair mode. Cant reset pc. No restore point. Ran sfc scannow and it couldnt complete. Not sure what to do At this point. Booted it in safe mode and it...