Windows 10: PC wont boot because file corrupt or missing. No boot cd/usb either

Discus and support PC wont boot because file corrupt or missing. No boot cd/usb either in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hard drive crashed and i lost everything. Now it says missing or corrupted file and wont boot. Bought new ssd but i dont have any boot disk or usb to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevGrnly, Aug 4, 2019.

1. KevGrnly Win User

PC wont boot because file corrupt or missing. No boot cd/usb either

Hard drive crashed and i lost everything. Now it says missing or corrupted file and wont boot. Bought new ssd but i dont have any boot disk or usb to do a fresh install and i cant access the HD to find my activation key. Im lost. Please help me lol

:)

KevGrnly, Aug 4, 2019
  2. D-rock Win User

Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Frogger Win User
    Computer Wont Boot BSODS after GUI Boot,

I know it won't booot from the CD but can you boot for a usb/floopy disk that has boot file on it

Frogger, Aug 4, 2019
  4. PC wont boot because file corrupt or missing. No boot cd/usb either

Unable to boot windows due to missing or corrupt files

Hi Callum,

There are several reasons why your PC isn't booting properly. One of which is because of broken boot data configuration components. To isolate the issue, we highly suggest you to boot your PC in Safe Mode. Given that you cannot access the setup screen, please
    follow these steps:

Do the improper shutdown process:

• Turn on your computer.
    • When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the computer. Do this thrice.
    • At the 4th boot, simply wait for the Windows Recovery Environment window to appear.

After doing the improper shutdown process, please follow these steps:

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options then, Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once the PC has restarted, press the F4 key to boot in Safe Mode.

Let us know if the resolution worked for you.

Katrina Men, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

PC wont boot because file corrupt or missing. No boot cd/usb either

1. PC wont boot because file corrupt or missing. No boot cd/usb either - Similar Threads - wont boot file

2. suddenly laptop wont boot, bootable USB wont work either!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suddenly laptop wont boot, bootable USB wont work either!: For context, I have a HP Envy and was, originally at least, on Windows 10. Windows 11 has been trying to download and install itself, then harassing me saying I don't have enough space. I just ignored these for now as I've been busy working and didn't think anything would...
  3. suddenly laptop wont boot, bootable USB wont work either!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    suddenly laptop wont boot, bootable USB wont work either!: For context, I have a HP Envy and was, originally at least, on Windows 10. Windows 11 has been trying to download and install itself, then harassing me saying I don't have enough space. I just ignored these for now as I've been busy working and didn't think anything would...
  4. suddenly laptop wont boot, bootable USB wont work either!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC wont boot: your pc ran into trouble is the error i get when i try to boot up , so i got my widows drive formatted on another working pc and tried to do a clean win 10 installation from a bootable usb stick which i downloaded from microsoft mediacreation but as soon as the logo appears...
  6. PC wont boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC wont boot: My pc wont go into windows auto repair mode either, I tried restarting it 3 times, 5 times and even 8. When my keyboard is plugged in and I start I I'm stuck on BIOS loading screen. When my keyboard is not plucked in I come into the American Megatrends menu but I cant press...
  7. HELP! PC Stuck in boot loop - Recovery USB & CD/DVD Not Booting..

HELP! PC Stuck in boot loop - Recovery USB & CD/DVD Not Booting..: Hi, I was video editing when my PC decided to display a 'blue screen of death' message with the error code "Npfs.SYS". The PC then did not boot to the installed OS drive, so I inserted the Installation CD/DVD to initiate the troubleshooting/restart/re-install/SafeMode...
  8. PC wont boot

PC wont boot: This morning my mouse buttons were not working properly so I uninstalled and reinstalled the software but made no difference. I then went to safe mode but it was still the same. Finally I done a system restore, but when it finished and restarted I had a much bigger problem....
  9. PC Wont Boot

PC Wont Boot: My PC wont boot. When I power on it goes into an automatic repair mode which takes maybe 5 minutes to load. From there I am asked what keyboard layout I have. Next I have 2 options: 1. Troubleshoot 2. Turn off your PC If I choose to troubleshoot I have the following...
  10. Wont boot from USB

Wont boot from USB: I recently got an errorcode and internet sources suggested I re-install win10. I only have a USB port and for some reason my PC wont boot with a usbstick. I made the stick (fat32) on the Microsoft site using a diffirent laptop. I enabled usb boot, cms disable and put the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Pc wont boot due to missing boot files how to solve