Windows 10: PC won't boot correctly and bars of static on screen

Discus and support PC won't boot correctly and bars of static on screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was playing games for a hour or so when my PC suddenly locked up and crashed to a black screen. I restarted my pc but suddenly it would no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deepfrybanana, Jan 14, 2021.

1. PC won't boot correctly and bars of static on screen

I was playing games for a hour or so when my PC suddenly locked up and crashed to a black screen. I restarted my pc but suddenly it would no longer boot past the windows troubleshooting screen. Additionally there are these large bars of static. I have attached a photo for reference. I don't think it's an issue with my SSD because I unplugged it and plugged in an old HDD and that had the same issue. I tried unplugging the HDMI from my GPU into the motherboard to utilize the integrated graphics but I get no signal.

Possibly relevant: A few days ago I was moving my PC to another house via car. When I tried to boot my PC afterward it wouldn't boot even to bios and instead beeped I think 4 times. I removed the covers of my PC to check for any lose cables but I didn't notice anything wrong. I tried to boot again and it worked and I didn't have any problems since today.

Also I don't know what my windows version number is because I can't boot my PC.

Edit: after testing, I think I have narrowed the issue down to my GPU. After taking it out, my pc now boots fine. When I put it back in it stops working again.

:)

deepfrybanana, Jan 14, 2021
  2. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

PC won't boot correctly and bars of static on screen

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

PC won't boot correctly and bars of static on screen [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

PC won't boot correctly and bars of static on screen

1. PC won't boot correctly and bars of static on screen - Similar Threads - won't boot correctly

2. PC won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot: I was using my computer normal all day and I put it to sleep and when I turned it back on it was a black screen with my cursor so I turned off my computer and enter windows recovery environment and tryed to factory reset and reinstall windows but that didn't work because...
  3. pc won't start correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc won't start correctly.: i forgot when this happened but, my pc recently stopped working, when i turn it on it loads normally but when it goes to the windows logo screen with the spinning dots it suddenly shows the blue screen " we ran into a problem with your pc " and so on, then it shuts off and...
  4. pc won't start correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc won't start correctly.: i forgot when this happened but, my pc recently stopped working, when i turn it on it loads normally but when it goes to the windows logo screen with the spinning dots it suddenly shows the blue screen " we ran into a problem with your pc " and so on, then it shuts off and...
  5. pc won't start correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC won't boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot.: I'm very new to using a PC and recently my PC had a problem. It was in a restarting loop. I followed most methods and ended up in a worse condition. "The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors. File:...
  7. PC Won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Won't boot: My acer laptop wont boot and I cant access the advance boot options. This started yesterday after an update failed and it kept restarting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-boot/085ba3e2-b0da-4f01-b773-e8784bccc5b5
  8. PC boot but won't load to login screen.

PC boot but won't load to login screen.: [IMG]I've been having this problem for a while now looking for ways to fix but I can't find anything to work. This all happened after an AMD update that should have deleted my old drive but it didn't all my resolution was messed up I couldn't play any games or anything and my...
  9. PC won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot: So I was trying to join my friend on minecraft windows 10 when I tabbed off and my pc immediately froze, and it started repeating the same sound rapidly and I could not open task manager or move cursor so I hit the power button, after rebooting it started repair tool and...
  10. Static screen

Static screen: Hey so i have a windows custom built pc with a fairly new graphics card, for the last few months ive been getting red screen tears and now every 10 - 15 minutes the screen goes to complete static. It goes away when i turn the monitor off and back on but i need a permanent...