Windows 10: PC won't boot, fan starts and then stops

Discus and support PC won't boot, fan starts and then stops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What a nightmare, I posted yesterday about issues with my PC when my hard drive stopped working, I went around in circles on BIOS until finally I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlizzardUK, Nov 25, 2019.

1. PC won't boot, fan starts and then stops

What a nightmare, I posted yesterday about issues with my PC when my hard drive stopped working, I went around in circles on BIOS until finally I managed to find a way to update BIOS that allowed my new SSD to be seen. Great I thought. But then, when the HDD loaded my backed-up EASEUS Windows file (which I put on the drive from my other PC) it came up with a windows style light blue screen (sad face) error that it can't boot. No big deal I thought, maybe I just need to set the MBR or something. So I turned off the PC and went to find a MBR tool on my other PC. Now when I turn on the PC it won't even get to BIOS, my monitor turns itself off and the CPU fan cuts out after 5 seconds. Please see video below for what happens.

EDIT : I tried a couple of other times before posting this and ONCE I got a screen up, after I had clicked the motherboard BIOS reset button, it showed the single memory module I still have in there at the correct size, and showed the single HDD I have left connected. But then I exited BIOS and now it won't come back on again, even after clicking the BIOS reset button. Also I am now seeing different motherboard codes, the most seen one is 32 but sometimes I get code A9 and also 4F.

These are the things I have done or tried............

1. I removed the CMOS battery, waited 10 mins, and inserted a new one. No change.
    2. Removed PCI cards and then tested one by one, no change.
    3. Removed ALL PCI cards at once, no change
    4. Removed ALL HDDs, no change
    5. Left in just 1 HDD, no change
    6. Tried each memory module, one by one, in the main socket nearest the power connector, no change
    7. Tried a PC analyser PCI diagnostic card, shows code 00, which says in manual "Code copying to specific areas is done. Passing control to INT, 19h boot loader next".
    8. Gigabytes own motherboard LED shows "32" which says "CPU PEI initialization" in the manual.
    9. Tried a PSU tester, all voltage numbers are fine and correct. Unlikely to be the PSU.
    10. Tried internal graphics card port in case BIOS reverted to internal graphics, no change.

So what the hell can it be ? Sadly I don't have a PC speaker, so I can't tell how far boot gets, but I know the HDD makes a noise on boot and also there must be some kind of graphics signal because when I remove the DVI socket out of the back of my PC my KVM changes to my other PC, which happens when my PC is turned off. So it is recognising when the graphics is removed.

I doubt all 4 memory modules could go at once. So I suppose I can rule out that, and my PSU. Which leaves the motherboard or CPU. But the motherboard code, or the PC diagnostic card, doesn't seem to be very definite with an error.

Please see Youtube video here of what happens when I turn it on : https://youtu.be/184xF7dpVxY (please note, sometimes the CPU fan stays running, it is hit and miss what happens, sometimes it cuts out and resets itself or shuts down, other times it will come up with a A9 or 4F code, also ignore what I say about memory as since then I did test each memory module on their own)

PC age : 2012
    Motherboard : GA-Z77X-UD5H
    CPU : Intel i7 3770K Ivy Bridge with Be Quiet cooler
    Memory : 16gb in 4 modules
    PSU : Coolermaster 700 watts
    Graphics : Fairly modern budget AMD Radeon (possibly 560rx, can't remember)
    Bios : Dual BIOS, latest BIOS F16 beta (which presumably would have been reset upon removal of battery)

Thanks for any help. I am about to throw this PC at the wall. I know it is time for a new PC given its age, but for the internet, media hub, and graphics it was all I needed really.

I have seen 4 other posts online with the EXACT same problem, but they never get a solution from anyone, so not sure how their issues resolved in the end.

:)

BlizzardUK, Nov 25, 2019

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, Nov 26, 2019
  4. PC won't boot, fan starts and then stops

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

PC won't boot, fan starts and then stops

1. PC won't boot, fan starts and then stops - Similar Threads - won't boot fan

2. GPU fans spinning like crazy and monitors won't start when booting up my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU fans spinning like crazy and monitors won't start when booting up my pc: This is a repost from a previous post from last month. So, for well over a month or so I've experienced an issue that happens while I boot up my computer. On random days when I boot up my pc the gpu fans spins like a mad man and I only get black screens on all my monitors,...
  3. GPU fans spinning like crazy and monitors won't start when booting up my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU fans spinning like crazy and monitors won't start when booting up my pc: This is a repost from a previous post from last month. So, for well over a month or so I've experienced an issue that happens while I boot up my computer. On random days when I boot up my pc the gpu fans spins like a mad man and I only get black screens on all my monitors,...
  4. GPU fan spinning like crazy and monitors won't start when booting up my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU fan spinning like crazy and monitors won't start when booting up my pc: So, for the past few weeks now I've experienced an issue which is a little bit annoying. On random days when I boot up my pc the gpu fans spins like a mad man and I only get a black screen on all my monitors, which I would assume would be caused by some overheating issue with...
  5. GPU fan spinning like crazy and monitors won't start when booting up my pc

GPU fan spinning like crazy and monitors won't start when booting up my pc: So, for the past few weeks now I've experienced an issue which is a little bit annoying. On random days when I boot up my pc the gpu fans spins like a mad man and I only get a black screen on all my monitors, which I would assume would be caused by some overheating issue with...
  6. Pc won't stop resetting boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc won't stop resetting boot up: My pc won't stop resetting boot up after I log in. It just flickers, resetting any progress on the start of any program starting. I can't access settings, none of the restarting or resetting pc options in the safe boot will work. Here is a video of the issue....
  7. Pc won't stop resetting boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won't stop resetting boot up: My pc won't stop resetting boot up after I log in. It just flickers, resetting any progress on the start of any program starting. I can't access settings, none of the restarting or resetting pc options in the safe boot will work. Here is a video of the issue....
  8. Pc won't stop resetting boot up

9. Computer fans turn on but computer won't start

Computer fans turn on but computer won't start: I just got done building this PC for my sister and I can't get the Computer to turn on. When I hit the power button only the fans and cooling block for the radiator turn on. RAM cards are working and placed properly. Didn't see any dented cpu pins. Reset CMOS three...
  10. Cooling Fan starts and the stop

Cooling Fan starts and the stop: I have recently encountered the problem that my cooling fan starts for some seconds and then turns off. Due to overheating laptop shows BSOD errors like Kernel Security exception Failure, Kmode thread not handled etc. I am not getting what the exact problem is. Is it with fan...