Windows 10: PC won't Boot Following Successful System Retore

Discus and support PC won't Boot Following Successful System Retore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Recently my laptop installed updates and afterward it would't boot properly. I tried several fixes and eventually used a system restore and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by michaelcooney1, Mar 7, 2020.

1. PC won't Boot Following Successful System Retore

Hi,

Recently my laptop installed updates and afterward it would't boot properly. I tried several fixes and eventually used a system restore and it completed and restarted fine. When i turned my off it went back again to the did not boot properly and i did the restore again.

I have tried this several times and the same boot issue and restore works until I restart or turn off. Any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks,

Mike

:)

michaelcooney1, Mar 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Mar 7, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Sapphire R9 280x won't display on a new build

you need to follow the steps I listed ...

OneMoar, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

PC won't Boot Following Successful System Retore

computer won't boot but has power

I would still say try a different PSU... here is a solid budget power supply:

EVGA 430 W1, 80+ WHITE 430W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-W1-0430-KR, Black:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

Interesting with the NIC connection...not sure what to make of that. What are your system specs? Make/Model of all your components? Check my system spec's for an example.

Honestly I would do process of elimination to another step...and that step would be the PSU. If nothing changes after that..I would try to force flash the CMOS if possible..to ensure no corruptions lie within that.

I would also try as I suggested above and try to boot with minimal hardware... you need an STDIN...Keyboard, STDOUT...VGA, CPU, stick of RAM and power to be able to perform POST on the mainboard. So starting with that would be a great place to go next.

If nothing changes..depending on what you're running a different CPU might be the next step... by the time you're done...you might have built a different PC. But you'll also have more experience in PC diagnostics which is a huge plus for odd issues like these...wish it was in front of me so I could examine and diagnose.

Kursah, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

PC won't Boot Following Successful System Retore

1. PC won't Boot Following Successful System Retore - Similar Threads - won't Boot Following

2. Was the system restore successful or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was the system restore successful or not?: Hi. I am trying to restore my Windows 10 PC to an earlier restore point. The first time, I got the unsuccessful message but after logging in, I saw the popup suddenly say that the system restore completed successfully. I was confused by the contrasting messages so I figured...
  3. PC won't boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot.: I'm very new to using a PC and recently my PC had a problem. It was in a restarting loop. I followed most methods and ended up in a worse condition. "The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors. File:...
  4. System Retore error 0x81000203

System Retore error 0x81000203: I have system restore error 0x81000203 windows 10, tried everything suggested, start shadow copy, volume shadow copy, disabled antivirus but problem remains, any suggestions? Thanks...
  5. PC Won't boot

PC Won't boot: My acer laptop wont boot and I cant access the advance boot options. This started yesterday after an update failed and it kept restarting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-boot/085ba3e2-b0da-4f01-b773-e8784bccc5b5
  6. New SSD has successfully cloned OS, but won't boot (Non-system disk)

in Windows 10 Support
    New SSD has successfully cloned OS, but won't boot (Non-system disk): Fully operational perfectly running OS and Programs on old SSD. Macrium showed successful cloning (verified) to new SSD. Removed old and installed new. Non-system disk error. Used W10 ISO CD to get to repair mode. Repair failed. Went to CMD prompt (still using ISO disc) and...
  7. Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.

Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.: Hello, I have recently started to do a system restore point because of accidently formatting my storage drive. I have Windows installed on a separate SSD, but unusually it won't boot up anymore. I have tried doing system restore in the recovery environment, but gives me an...
  8. Window 10 system Retore

Window 10 system Retore: How to use system restore to fix Windows 10 issue ? Windows Customer Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-system-retore/44be1494-8d53-4366-83dd-5d480d03c6ca
  9. Laptop won't boot following reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't boot following reset: I reset the computer after it wouldn't boot. Now, when I start it, I get the blue screen that says there was a problem and Windows will restart. But it doesn't restart, just turns itself off. This was a complete reset, deleting everything....
  10. System won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't boot: The processor fan comes on for a few seconds, then goes off and repeats this action. No post beep heard. Len 83528