Windows 10: PC won't boot into windows

Discus and support PC won't boot into windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After last night's critical update I can no longer boot into windows. After I get to the login page I get black screen with the cursor and a flashing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by basilbrush303, Oct 11, 2018.

1. PC won't boot into windows

After last night's critical update I can no longer boot into windows.

After I get to the login page I get black screen with the cursor and a flashing start bar with a few things on it.

I can enter advanced start up and enter safe mode.

I have tried using the repair function but it did not work.

I have done a system restore to today before the update but had no joy.

I have been able to connect a portable hard drive and back everything up. When I bought the PC it did not come with a disk. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have a Dell xps 27. So I don't have a disk too boot from or a recovery disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

basilbrush303, Oct 11, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. scraff Win User
    My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Oct 11, 2018
  4. erixx Win User

PC won't boot into windows

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

PC won't boot into windows

1. PC won't boot into windows - Similar Threads - won't boot

2. My PC WON'T BOOT

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC WON'T BOOT: Can someone or anyone give me complete simple instructions about how to get my Windows 10 to boot. I've been trying for some time now. When I go into Command Prompt there is no C: \ Drive it is an X:\ PLEASE HELP ME...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot. Can't get recovery screen to load either

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot. Can't get recovery screen to load either: So I turned off the computer while Windows 10 was updating, and then I wasn't able to turn it back on again without it showing the Dell logo then going to a blank black screen. Holding down the power button to shut it off a few times is suppose to bring up this menu which...
  4. Windows won't boot past Dell screen

Windows won't boot past Dell screen: My Inspiron 15-7000 series with Windows 10 will not boot. It gets stuck on the Dell logo screen, or, when it tries to start the Recovery tool on the Dell screen, it gets stuck there, too. I tried to get to the Safe Mode screen, but couldn't get there. Any fix for this??...
  5. Windows 10 won't boot into the OS and just only boots into the advanced setup options after...

Windows 10 won't boot into the OS and just only boots into the advanced setup options after...: Hello all, So, let me give you a bit of some background story to cover my problem, i was booting into Windows 10 normally, login, head into Steam, and play a game, it all happened normally..but then, when i tried logging in to Steam..my computer froze, and gave me a Blue...
  6. My Dell Lat E6430 won't boot from my SSD

My Dell Lat E6430 won't boot from my SSD: Recently I bought a Samsung 500gb SSD for my Dell Laptop. I followed the instructions migrate my Windows 10 from the existing 320GB Hard Drive onto the SSD. Eveything went smoothly and I have used and enjoyed my faster laptop for several months without a problem. This...
  7. Windows won't boot, can't even run WinRE to restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't boot, can't even run WinRE to restore: Help, got a big problem here. My Dell Inspiron 3580 Laptop won't Boot Windows 10. But here's the problem, I can't even get into the WinRE to recover. I ran all hardware diagnostics on my machine and it all passes. But it hangs when it tries to load Win 10. So, to...
  8. Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.

Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.: I have a windows 10 professional installed. There was a system reserved disk partition and i merged it with the local disk d by the aomei partition software. And when i restart it doesn't boot up What do i do Please help...
  9. Windows 10, won't boot, goes to 'choose keyboard layout', showed error code 80004001

Windows 10, won't boot, goes to 'choose keyboard layout', showed error code 80004001: Windows 10, won't boot, goes to 'choose keyboard layout', showed error code 80004001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-boot-goes-to-choose-keyboard/52e4ca3a-8eb7-449c-a356-73e50ea26c2d
  10. Windows 10 Update stuck on 100%, won't move to boot up screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update stuck on 100%, won't move to boot up screen.: Hey guys! Despite my exam period I faced an issue tonight. My computer just won't update to the new version. I have Windows 10. I turn it on, it's stuck at 100%. Now it's stuck on Wait screen. What do I do? Please help me! *I bought this computer in June. 8 gb of memory,...