Windows 10: PC won't boot into windows

Discus and support PC won't boot into windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After last night's critical update I can no longer boot into windows. After I get to the login page I get black screen with the cursor and a flashing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by basilbrush303, Oct 11, 2018.

1. basilbrush303 Win User

PC won't boot into windows

After last night's critical update I can no longer boot into windows.

After I get to the login page I get black screen with the cursor and a flashing start bar with a few things on it.

I can enter advanced start up and enter safe mode.

I have tried using the repair function but it did not work.

I have done a system restore to today before the update but had no joy.

I have been able to connect a portable hard drive and back everything up. When I bought the PC it did not come with a disk. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have a Dell xps 27. So I don't have a disk too boot from or a recovery disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

basilbrush303, Oct 11, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. scraff Win User
    My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Oct 11, 2018
  4. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. PC won't boot into windows - Similar Threads - won't boot

2. Shell32.dll file was removed from System32, now computer won't boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shell32.dll file was removed from System32, now computer won't boot.: I mistakenly moved my Shell32.dll file from the System 32 folder. After restarting the computer, it will not boot. It only reaches the "Please Wait" screen, and hangs there forever. Booting in safe mode/safe mode with networking does the same thing. I've also tried starting...
  3. after an outage my computer with windows 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after an outage my computer with windows 10 won't boot up: I got home from work last night and my computer would not boot up after an outage of the area. When i turned it on it goes to a black screen shows the, the controller and patents it is covered by build and copyright client mac addr........ it gives me an error message...
  4. After the Oct 2018 update, my computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After the Oct 2018 update, my computer won't boot up: My computer automatically installed the new windows update on Oct 13. I downloaded a new program monosnap on Oct 14 and now my computer won't boot up completely. It spins like it's working on booting up. I took out the battery and tried to boot up again. Then I got an error...
  5. Windows 10 froze, had to hard reset, now won't boot

Windows 10 froze, had to hard reset, now won't boot: I was working with my laptop (which has Windows 10) today, and for unknown reasons it just froze (couldn't use the mouse, Curl+All+Delete wouldn't work) so after 10 minutes or so had no other choice so I had to do hard reset, after that It wont start/boot the windows, it goes...
  6. Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM...

Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM...: After several calls with Microsoft's technical support, countless hours roaming through forums, and multiple headaches, I had no choice but to turn to a public place where I can post the problem I had, because sadly not even the misguided people over at Microsoft Customer...
  7. Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM...

Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM...: After several calls with Microsoft's technical support, countless hours roaming through forums, and multiple headaches, I had no choice but to turn to a public place where I can post the problem I had, because sadly not even the misguided people over at Microsoft Customer...
  8. PC won't boot- SrtTrail error

PC won't boot- SrtTrail error: So my Windows 10 PC wont boot, and I've tried everything. First I tried resetting the PC, both keeping my files and getting rid of them, and it says "there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." I tried System Restore but it says "you must enable system...
  9. Laptop won't boot following reset

Laptop won't boot following reset: I reset the computer after it wouldn't boot. Now, when I start it, I get the blue screen that says there was a problem and Windows will restart. But it doesn't restart, just turns itself off. This was a complete reset, deleting everything....
  10. Microsoft Windows 10 won't boot up after changed new graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Windows 10 won't boot up after changed new graphics card: I got the problem with a new graphics card change. After new graphics card installed, turn on the computer. I can see BIOS logo and Windows logo loading, then I can see the Windows login screen (Standard resolution) and then change to black screen forever. ( I think Windows...