Windows 10: PC won't boot into windows

Discus and support PC won't boot into windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After last night's critical update I can no longer boot into windows. After I get to the login page I get black screen with the cursor and a flashing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by basilbrush303, Oct 11, 2018.

1. PC won't boot into windows

After last night's critical update I can no longer boot into windows.

After I get to the login page I get black screen with the cursor and a flashing start bar with a few things on it.

I can enter advanced start up and enter safe mode.

I have tried using the repair function but it did not work.

I have done a system restore to today before the update but had no joy.

I have been able to connect a portable hard drive and back everything up. When I bought the PC it did not come with a disk. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have a Dell xps 27. So I don't have a disk too boot from or a recovery disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

basilbrush303, Oct 11, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. scraff Win User
    My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Oct 11, 2018
  4. erixx Win User

PC won't boot into windows

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

PC won't boot into windows

1. PC won't boot into windows - Similar Threads - won't boot

2. HDD Clone To SSD Won't Boot After A Week...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Clone To SSD Won't Boot After A Week...: I recently cloned the hard drive in my cousin's computer over to an SSD. The computer booted just fine on the first try with the SSD. I ran some updates and got rid of some startup programs she didn't need. She got it back a couple of days later and it was running fine....
  3. Laptop won't boot

Laptop won't boot: I've been having some trouble with my HP Pavilion 15, after the recent Windows update. It boots to a BSD, displays the error message 0xc0000428, and won't go any further. System Restore doesn't work, with error 0x80070780. I don't have another PC to make a bootable image, and...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot, black screen with flashing blue wheel, even in safe mode

Windows 10 won't boot, black screen with flashing blue wheel, even in safe mode: I'm having a baffling issue in which windows 10 fails to boot. It occurred randomly one day after no intentional changes. I believe it is related to a windows update. Following the normal motherboard booting screen, screens were alternating at about 1 second intervals,...
  5. win10 won't boot, recover doesn't help, outta solutions

win10 won't boot, recover doesn't help, outta solutions: Hello, I have a problem with my installation on windows 10 (upgraded from win7 about a year ago), it won't boot. It has bootloop, automatic repair, which doen't help. I have tried all the options in it. It is in a laptop on a HDD, have had it for a few years, always worked...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot

Windows 10 won't boot: Last week, I tried to turn on my PC, I got as far as the blue logo and spinning dots, then nothing. Checking some forums, I performed a forced shutdown (they said three failed boots would give me the option to start in safe mode), and received the message "Starting...
  7. Windows 10 - Computer won't boot since failed "chkdsk"!

Windows 10 - Computer won't boot since failed "chkdsk"!: Hello -bios I am in need of some serious help! I own a Dell XPS 8700 desktop, Windows 10. I perform maintenance on a regular basis to keep things running smoothly. A few days ago, I ran a disk check ( administrative dskchk ), obviously to make sure there were no bad...
  8. M.2 SATA to NVME clone: Windows 10 won't boot

M.2 SATA to NVME clone: Windows 10 won't boot: Problem: Windows partition won't boot after cloning M.2 SATA drive to M.2 NVME. Simply returns to BIOS splash screen are restarts boot sequence. Background: Cloning process was simple raw dd copy. Drive had EFI, Windows 10, and Linux partitions. Cloning preserved exact...
  9. Computer won't boot after installing last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't boot after installing last update: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Ever since I installed the last update, my computer won't boot. It gets partway through the process and then a boot error comes up. There is some kind of driver missing. The only options the error page gives me is to continue to launch normally, or...
  10. New VM won't boot

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    New VM won't boot: I'm just beginning to learning my way around the world of VMs and Hyper-V. I've been able to successfully create several VMs and have learned a great deal. I'm stuck on adding a boot menu to a VM. I have a multiboot machine, Win10, Win7, and Linux Mint. I've successfully...