Windows 10: PC won't boot or re-boot properly - perhaps a BIOS issue?

Discus and support PC won't boot or re-boot properly - perhaps a BIOS issue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I performed a Clean Install to solve this issue - but it wasn't solved. When I boot, I have two options: 1. Windows 10 2. Macrium Reflect PE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

PC won't boot or re-boot properly - perhaps a BIOS issue?

I performed a Clean Install to solve this issue - but it wasn't solved. When I boot, I have two options:

1. Windows 10
    2. Macrium Reflect PE Environment

Sometimes I get an "Invalid Partition Table" error.
    Sometimes it will only boot to the Macrium Reflect PE Environment (2nd in the boot options)

When I change the boot sequence, it often doesn't take hold to the new sequence.

I have used my Windows Installation DVD to repair boot problems. Most times, it can't repair the issue.

Sometimes, the drives that I have checked in the boot sequence uncheck by themselves.

I reinstalled the BIOS (Dell A26) but that didn't help the issue. my Workstation is an M6800 Dell Laptop (luggable).

I have Macrium Reflect amd EaseUS Todo as backup apps and two backup drives. Restoring has not helped at all.

Can't find anything on Google that describes my symptoms.

Today, my system kept booting to my Macrium Reflect PE environment - so, in the boot sequence, I only checked my DVD drive as an option - however, my system then booted correctly. Go figure!!!

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. So far, nothing I've tried has worked and I'm looking for options I may have overlooked.

:)

Nisko, Oct 8, 2020

2. My PC won't boot...please help

@scaminatrix
    thanx dude...i have 6 fans...3 for the intake 1 exhaust and 2 for the cooler(thermalright true black 120 extreme..and an open sidepanel...i think it's not the heat issue..

@JrRacinFan
    it's hard for me to go to the bios since i will restart my pc several times to be able to boot it up to the bios...but i will try it dude...

can somebody give timings and settings for my memory? i mean complete and step by step? please help me out...i almost lost patient with these problems...^^

souljaboy_58, Oct 8, 2020
  3. scraff Win User
    My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Oct 8, 2020
  4. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

1. PC won't boot or re-boot properly - perhaps a BIOS issue? - Similar Threads - won't boot boot

2. PC won't boot into bios, need help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot into bios, need help!: Here's my PC Specs:- Motherboard: ASrock B550m Pro 4 Bios ver: 2.71- CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB OC,PCIe- PSU: Coolermaster MWE GOLD v2 modular 650w- RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 AMD Ryzen Memory Kit- HDD: 500GB SSD,M.2-...
  3. PC won't boot into bios, need help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't boot into bios, need help!: Here's my PC Specs:- Motherboard: ASrock B550m Pro 4 Bios ver: 2.71- CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB OC,PCIe- PSU: Coolermaster MWE GOLD v2 modular 650w- RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 AMD Ryzen Memory Kit- HDD: 500GB SSD,M.2-...
  4. pc not booting properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc not booting properly: Twice in the past week, when turning on my laptop from overnight I get a screen that gives me two options, restart my computer or somehing about other options and it say to consult somone if necessary. It's a very bright blue screen nothing to do with the BSOD.This seems to...
  5. pc not booting properly

pc not booting properly: Twice in the past week, when turning on my laptop from overnight I get a screen that gives me two options, restart my computer or somehing about other options and it say to consult somone if necessary. It's a very bright blue screen nothing to do with the BSOD.This seems to...
  6. pc not booting properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC not booting properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not booting properly: After getting the blue screen of death cause of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, my pc is on but my monitor and other peripherals are off. I tried reconnecting the monitor but nothing happen. I restarted my pc a few times but it didn't change the situation. How can I fix this?...
  8. PC not booting properly

PC not booting properly: After getting the blue screen of death cause of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, my pc is on but my monitor and other peripherals are off. I tried reconnecting the monitor but nothing happen. I restarted my pc a few times but it didn't change the situation. How can I fix this?...
  9. PC not booting properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. PC is not booting properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is not booting properly: Hello,I have a problem with my PC.When I try to boot it normally it freezes on the screen with manufactures name.After that when I shut it down and restart or press the restart button, it boots again but normally this time.I didn't change anything before this issues...