Windows 10: PC Won't boot or reset and can't restore system to a point due to losing administrator access

Discus and support PC Won't boot or reset and can't restore system to a point due to losing administrator access in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was randomly started getting a blue screen error code for DPC Watchdog Violation Error so I was trying a a bunch of different things that I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mike.L1, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Mike.L1 Win User

PC Won't boot or reset and can't restore system to a point due to losing administrator access

So I was randomly started getting a blue screen error code for DPC Watchdog Violation Error so I was trying a a bunch of different things that I found online ie. sfc /scannow in CMD, chkdsk c: in CMD, etc.... sfc /scannow said it found corrupted files and fixed the corrupted files so I thought the blue screen would stop. However it didn't stop as I was installing something and then surfing the internet my computer blue screens again with the same error code. So I continued to try some more things that I found, one of the things to troubleshoot was to run driver verifier so I ran that wi

:)

Mike.L1, Jun 3, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jun 3, 2021
  4. tops Win User

PC Won't boot or reset and can't restore system to a point due to losing administrator access

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

1. PC Won't boot or reset and can't restore system to a point due to losing administrator access - Similar Threads - Won't boot reset

2. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points: How do I control System Restore in WIN10? System Restore use to be a very good tool years ago for computer repair and support, but now isn't very useful. I have set aside a sizable amount of space for restore points but they keep disappearing without my intervention. How do I...
  3. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points: How do I control System Restore in WIN10? System Restore use to be a very good tool years ago for computer repair and support, but now isn't very useful. I have set aside a sizable amount of space for restore points but they keep disappearing without my intervention. How do I...
  4. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore Points gone after system reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Points gone after system reset?: Hi :I recently did a system reset without wiping my old data. Still I forgot to save some crucial Data and as I was about to do a system restore to undo my changes, I could not find a sytem restore point anymore. I tried rebooting in safe mode and look once again, still the...
  6. System Restore Points gone after system reset?

System Restore Points gone after system reset?: Hi :I recently did a system reset without wiping my old data. Still I forgot to save some crucial Data and as I was about to do a system restore to undo my changes, I could not find a sytem restore point anymore. I tried rebooting in safe mode and look once again, still the...
  7. System restore restore point

System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  8. Can't Create System Restore Point

Can't Create System Restore Point: When I try to create a system restore point using System Properties, sometimes it just sits there forever "searching" for available drives, not allowing me to create one.Other times, it shows the drives but when I go to create one it starts and just continues eternally, never...
  9. losing system restore points

losing system restore points: I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop, bought in March. I had another problem and the tech couldn't find system restore. I did a complete restore of my system, configured system restore, and it seemed to work. But then I discovered after a half hour get the message there are no...
  10. Losing restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Losing restore points: I keep creating restore points everytime I change something on my Tablet. A week later, the restore point is gone. Could there be anything that could remove it as malware or something? I have Panda Antivirus, Malware Anti Malware Bytes, Super Anti Spyware and Ccleaner. Could...