Windows 10: PC won't boot past auto repair or into recovery after power outage

Discus and support PC won't boot past auto repair or into recovery after power outage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried every troubleshooting step I can find online, even Microsoft tech support hasn't been able to resolve the issue I'm having. I had a power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Retrolental, Dec 26, 2020.

1. PC won't boot past auto repair or into recovery after power outage

I've tried every troubleshooting step I can find online, even Microsoft tech support hasn't been able to resolve the issue I'm having.

I had a power outage Christmas Eve and when my pc came back on, it had a blue screen asking how I wanted to boot so just hit enter on the default selection. Now it won't boot past the Windows logo and "preparing automatic repair". The dots spin for 2-3 seconds then freeze and it never progresses beyond this point.

I am unable to get it to boot into recovery or safe mode even with manually shutting it down multiple times in a row, it only ever displays the mobo screen followed by the automatic repair screen which never progresses or even fails, even when left running overnight. The screen will darken slightly after a couple seconds and never changes after that until manually restarted.

I don't have a disk drive on this build, but I have tried creating a bootable Windows 10 usb both with Microsoft media creation tool and Rufus plus the iso with a brand new flash drive. I am able to select the usb to boot from and it prepares files then goes to a plain blue screen. I have followed multiple BIOS settings changes that are supposed to fix this, but it never goes past a plain blue screen.

I even replaced my RAM as a last ditch random effort since I had a new set of the same type. I have tried unplugging everything inside and out. I don't know if the issue is only in the SSD that Windows is on, but everything else seems to be running without issue and the BIOS shows both SSDs.

All of the troubleshooting online goes beyond the point that I'm able to get to as I'm only able to access the BIOS, the bootable iso, or the automatic repair screen which freezes. I'm not even sure how to proceed, should I buy a copy of windows and/or a new ssd, or is there anything else I can try to get into recovery? I don't care about losing anything on either drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and happy holidays to all.

:)

Retrolental, Dec 26, 2020
  2. BGWSAN Win User

No BIOS option for auto restart after power outage on windows 10 - HP Z2 Tower

The advance power recovery option to auto power on PC is missing from BIOS. I also can't find any power jumper on the MB. Nothing available on the user manual.

Need a way to make PC automatically turn on after power outage as this machine is my new server.

BGWSAN, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Windows 10 won´t show apps, folders,settings

Thanks for the follow up, Thomas. Let's try to boot to Advanced Startup Options and then access the
    Command Prompt so we can create another user profile. The
    Startup Repair
    is an alternate way to boot the PC and run the recovery tools when something goes wrong with the operating system. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button until it powers off, and then press the power button on your PC to turn it on.
    • Repeat Step 1 until you see the Windows logo screen or
      Please wait.
    • You'll see the Recovery window, and then click See advanced repair options.
    • From the advanced options screen, choose Command Prompt, and then type the commands on how to create a user profile as provided on the link above.

Let us know what happens after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Maria Fab, Dec 26, 2020
  4. mrsscotty Win User

PC won't boot past auto repair or into recovery after power outage

power outage-Windows 10 will not finish booting

Help !!! Had a power outage this morning and now I cannot get windows 10 to complete boot up

It starts the booting process and then my screen goes blank. I cannot even get to the prompt screen? To run any. diagnostics. any suggestions ?ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!

thank you!!!!!

mrsscotty, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

PC won't boot past auto repair or into recovery after power outage

1. PC won't boot past auto repair or into recovery after power outage - Similar Threads - won't boot past

2. Pc will not boot after power outage please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc will not boot after power outage please help: Windows 11 have tried check disk, boot rec and scan now commands in startup repair as well as startup repair itself. Is my only option left to try installing windows off a flash drive? I don’t have another computer so I was wondering how I could get that. Any help would be...
  3. Auto restart normally without recovery after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto restart normally without recovery after power outage: Hello, I am using a Dell t3660 workstation with Windows 11 Professional. I would like to enable the PC to restart without any manual intervention after a power outage. I have set up the BIOS restore on AC/Power Loss - Power on and set bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy...
  4. Auto restart normally without recovery after power outage

Auto restart normally without recovery after power outage: Hello, I am using a Dell t3660 workstation with Windows 11 Professional. I would like to enable the PC to restart without any manual intervention after a power outage. I have set up the BIOS restore on AC/Power Loss - Power on and set bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy...
  5. Computer won't boot after momentary power outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot after momentary power outage: I recently had a brief power outage while working on my Dell Optiplex GX520 desktop, which is fully up to date with Windows 10 and working fine for its age!. When I attempted to start the computer after the outage, I got a low battery voltage message and the computer would...
  6. Computer won't boot after momentary power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot after momentary power outage: I recently had a brief power outage while working on my Dell Optiplex GX520 desktop, which is fully up to date with Windows 10 and working fine for its age!. When I attempted to start the computer after the outage and got a low battery voltage message and the computer would...
  7. Computer won't boot after momentary power outage

Computer won't boot after momentary power outage: I recently had a brief power outage while working on my Dell Optiplex GX520 desktop, which is fully up to date with Windows 10 and working fine for its age!. When I attempted to start the computer after the outage and got a low battery voltage message and the computer would...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot past "preparing automatic repair" after power outage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot past "preparing automatic repair" after power outage: I've tried every troubleshooting step I can find online, even Microsoft tech support hasn't been able to resolve the issue I'm having. I had a power outage Christmas Eve and when my pc came back on, it had a blue screen asking how I wanted to boot so just hit enter on the...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot past Preparing Automatic Repair after power outage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot past Preparing Automatic Repair after power outage: My power went out xmas eve and when it came back on my pc was at a blue screen that had boot options, i just hit enter for the top one that mentioned default. Now it will never make it past the Windows logo with text saying "preparing automatic repair". I have tried hard...
  10. Windows won't boot after a power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't boot after a power outage: Hello guys Today there was a power outage in my house while my computer was turned on. I turned on again and a BSOD with the code MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION appeared. I turned it off and turned it on and it won't boot in normal mode, it stays in a black screen. I can get into...