Windows 10: PC wont boot properly and system reset fails

Discus and support PC wont boot properly and system reset fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I had a power outage and my pc shut off during a loading screen. I turned it back on to find it had reset my entire computer and forced me into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by S0UPY Squ1rr3l, Sep 8, 2020.

1. PC wont boot properly and system reset fails

So I had a power outage and my pc shut off during a loading screen. I turned it back on to find it had reset my entire computer and forced me into a system restore. It was going fine for awhile but crashed during the final stages while I was on the desktop as the administrator account. I tried to boot it back up and it just show the manufacturer logo with no loading wheel below it. The screen then turns black but illuminated, then the computer shuts off and turns itself back on to then repeat the same thing. I've tried doing a system reset but it always has given a message saying that there was a problem resetting it. I've tried hardware diagnostics to find nothing wrong there. I've used commands to try things but now theres an admin account that I cant get past without even setting one up. I've tried the ISO flash drive boot options method but my pc will detect the flash drive but not the ISO file. I'm just stuck and stumped seeing lots of others with similar problems but all with solutions that didn't work for me. I have no idea if I just have a special case.

:)

S0UPY Squ1rr3l, Sep 8, 2020

2. PC wont boot, wont startup repair, wont system restore and wont reset.

Hi, so my pc recently just stopped booting, I then ran a start up repair and it failed, I tried a system restore, it failed, I tried go back to a previous build, nothing happened, I tried to reset keeping my files, it said The drive
    where Windows is installed is locked. I tried reseting my pc removing everything, it said Unable to reset your pc. A required drive partition is missing. I googled this error and it suggested doing a check disc, i did it and it came up with error 50, I googled
    it it said to reset my PC. I tried 'sfc/scannow', it said "resource protection could not perform the requested operation. I googled it and it suggested running ' DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth' it came up error 50 dism doesn't support servicing
    windows PE with the /online option. I googled this and it said boot in to safe mode, but it wont let me. the only way i can get to the troubleshoot menu is from the windows disk.

[System]

Windows 10

AMD radon 390X

2TB harddrive

(I cant remember the rest)

Please help me resolve this problem the windows and hardrive were bought in June and broke in july, i have not had it working since

Thanks - Rupert

Rupert2241, Sep 8, 2020
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Sep 8, 2020
  4. bruins004 Win User

PC wont boot properly and system reset fails

PC wont boot

Yea make sure that everything is connected.
    If all else fails, you might have to check each component individually.

bruins004, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

PC wont boot properly and system reset fails

1. PC wont boot properly and system reset fails - Similar Threads - wont boot properly

2. pc not booting properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc not booting properly: Twice in the past week, when turning on my laptop from overnight I get a screen that gives me two options, restart my computer or somehing about other options and it say to consult somone if necessary. It's a very bright blue screen nothing to do with the BSOD.This seems to...
  3. Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset: Hello,I've had this computer for around 5-4 years so i was expecting it to fail me at some point, my problem is my pc froze and crashed when i tried to reboot it took me to automatic repair loop where i cannot do any of the functions available to me as they end in an error...
  4. Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset: Hello,I've had this computer for around 5-4 years so i was expecting it to fail me at some point, my problem is my pc froze and crashed when i tried to reboot it took me to automatic repair loop where i cannot do any of the functions available to me as they end in an error...
  5. Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Computer wont boot properly

Computer wont boot properly: I came home from work today and turned on my computer and it got the infinite loading screen problem. I can not get into safe mode, if i shut it off to restart it 3 times it goes into a mode of tuening on and off 3 times very shortly then goes into automatic recovery where...
  7. Windows failed factory reset now wont boot

Windows failed factory reset now wont boot: I tried to factory reset my laptop but it failed now when i try to turn the laptop onto it goes to the fujitsu logo and then a black screen then goes back to logo in a continuous loop. How can i fix this? Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 wont boot properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont boot properly: Hello, i finished building a friend's pc and after installing an SSD with windows 10, it goes into BSOD with an error SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDLED. I tried connecting USB with windows 10 setup(set up with RUFUS), but it does the same. I installed my m.2 ssd, which in...
  9. Windows 10 wont boot properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont boot properly: i recently got this PC and downloaded windows 10 pro to it with the key it came with. it has been working up until today when i turned it on it said "Your PC did not start correctly" it gave me options of weather i wanted to restart or go to Advanced Options. i went through...
  10. Windows 10 wont boot properly

Windows 10 wont boot properly: Hello! So i got laptop and PC. I took HDD out of my laptop with windows 10 installation. Put it in the pc, it doesnt work. It tries repairing, doesnt work. Any of the windows 10 failed boot selections doesnt work, except CMD. Put it back in my laptop, works like nothing has...