Windows 10: PC wont boot since lastest Windows 10 update on 16 June 2021

Discus and support PC wont boot since lastest Windows 10 update on 16 June 2021 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday 16 June 2021 Windows 10 updated and all was working correctly, and then the net time I wished to shut down I was informed that Windows need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AllanRiscUser, Jun 17, 2021.

1. PC wont boot since lastest Windows 10 update on 16 June 2021

Yesterday 16 June 2021 Windows 10 updated and all was working correctly, and then the net time I wished to shut down I was informed that Windows need ed to update so I did an update and restart again all appeared ok until I tried to shut down for the night and each time I saw the message shutting down but then it did not and the only way out was to enter my 4 digit PIN still same result I was able to sign in as my self or Administrator so I did this and then Windows wanted to reset my PC I managed to get to shut down but the sequence started all over again in the end I had to hold down

:)

AllanRiscUser, Jun 17, 2021

2. PC Bootlooping after June Security Update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having difficulties on the PC after installing a Windows Update.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the model number of the HP PC?
    • What is the KB number of the Security update installed prior to this issue?
    • Which update are you attempting to remove?
    • Are you able to boot the PC to the desktop?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform step 1, 2 & 3 if you are able to boot the PC to desktop and step 4 if you are unable to boot.

Step 1:
    Run the Windows Updates Troubleshooter:

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows updates > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Reset Windows Update Components

We would suggest you to refer the steps as mention in this article:
    How do I reset Windows Update components?

Step 3: Clean boot

Try booting your PC in clean boot. Refer to the article on How to perform
    a clean boot in Windows

Note: Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Also, you may not be able to use some
    programs in clean boot.

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Step 4: System Restore using WinRE use bootable media

1. Use the Bootable media to boot the PC.
    1. Boot from the media and choose “Repair your computer.”
    2. Under Advanced troubleshooting, select Troubleshoot.
    3. Under Advanced options screen, you will see
      System Restore.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 17, 2021
  4. PC wont boot since lastest Windows 10 update on 16 June 2021

DirectX June Update

Microsoft has released an updated version of DirectX for June, although it isn’t clear whether the update is just for DirectX 9.0c or for DirectX 10 on Vista as well. Regardless of this, it is still recommended that Vista users update their systems because Vista will benefit from any DirectX 9.0c fixes when playing DirectX 9 games. The web installer is only for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), whilst the redistributable version will also work with Vista. The download links are listed below:
    • Web installer for Windows 2000, XP and 2003: download [44KB - 41.4MB]
    • Redistributable installer for Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista: download [53.6MB]

Jimmy 2004, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

PC wont boot since lastest Windows 10 update on 16 June 2021

1. PC wont boot since lastest Windows 10 update on 16 June 2021 - Similar Threads - wont boot since

2. Windows 10 June 2021 updates: What’s new and improved

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 June 2021 updates: What’s new and improved: Windows 10 June 2021 update is now rolling out and a new patch has been released for version 21H1, 20H2, v2004 and v1909. June 2021 Patch Tuesday include several bug fixes for critical bugs, such as memory leak issue that resulted in high resources usage when using certain...
  3. Microsoft Windows Security Updates June 2021 overview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Security Updates June 2021 overview: Microsoft released security updates and non-security updates for all supported client and server versions of Microsoft's Windows operating system as well as other company products. The June 2021 Patch Day is the first that includes Windows 10 version 21H1, the latest Windows...
  4. Microsoft June 2021 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft June 2021 Security Updates: June 2021 Security Updates Updates this Month This release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles. .NET Core & Visual Studio3D ViewerMicrosoft DWM Core LibraryMicrosoft IntuneMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft Office ExcelMicrosoft Office...
  5. Cumulative updates June 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative updates June 2021: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on June 8th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004, version 20H2 and version 21H1 KB5003637 -, Build 19041.1052, 19042.1052 and 19043.1052. For information about Windows update...
  6. Microsoft June 2021 Security Updates

Microsoft June 2021 Security Updates: June 2021 Security UpdatesUpdates this MonthThis release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles..NET Core & Visual Studio3D ViewerMicrosoft DWM Core LibraryMicrosoft IntuneMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft Office ExcelMicrosoft Office...
  7. June 16, 2020 Printer?

June 16, 2020 Printer?: June 16/ 2020 Printer will not print. Brother MFC. What's up???? Maryann C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/june-16-2020-printer/1181c678-f77d-477c-a2d5-5535dd675f9e
  8. Lastest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lastest windows 10 update: I've tried to install the latest version of Windows 10 twice and it's (hopefully) not installing correctly. If it is correct, it's terrible for me and I don't want it. How do I skip this download? E. Copping...
  9. PC won't boot after lastest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't boot after lastest Windows 10 update: Hi, Since I updated Windows 10 a few days ago my computer won't boot. It displays the Lenovo logo screen, but doesn't go any further. It doesn't load any Windows screen for me to attempt recovery environment. I don't know how to recover it. Can you help? Thanks...
  10. Lastest Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lastest Windows 10 Updates: The last (2) two updates has changed my screen resolution "display", the setting shows a 1920x1080 but it is stretched vertically and horizontally, cannot see Cortina, lower taskbar and things on left, right and top of screen. Had restored to 10/10/18 update a couple of days...