Windows 10: PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB

Discus and support PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm aware that this problem had already some forum posts and serval fixes are already suggested by many sources. I'm writing this question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by akaMizac, Oct 3, 2020.

1. akaMizac Win User

PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB

Hello,

I'm aware that this problem had already some forum posts and serval fixes are already suggested by many sources.

I'm writing this question because nothing of that worked for me.

My situation:

I worked with a working Windows 10 a couple days ago.

Now I switched from Windows to Manjaro Linux and want to Install Windows on another harddrive in my PC.

When I boot to my Windows Installer USB the screen goes black, then shows a distorted picture of my boot screen and then my PC reboots.

What have I tried with my two 8GB USB sticks:

• Use different USB sticks
    • Use different USB ports
    • formatted to fat32 on windows machine
    • formatted to ntfs on windows machine
    • copied the iso files directly to my USB stick
    • Installed via Windows install tool on another Windows PC the Windows installer to my USB
    • Used Rufus to burn the iso on my USB stick default settings with a shriked volume from 8GB to 5GB
    • Changed boot order, so the USB stick would boot first - resulted in a boot loop with the distorted screen of my boot screen
    • In my BIOS secure boot was already disabled - UEFI and Legacy support active
    • Tested the USB stick on another device - it worked

I don't have a CD/DVD drive, so I can't try booting from a DVD.

My specs:

Motherboard: MSI B350M Pro-VDH

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
    GPU: Geforce 1060
    16GB Ram: Ballistix sports LT

I'm grateful for any help or suggestion.

Thank you.

:)

akaMizac, Oct 3, 2020
  2. scraff Win User

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Oct 3, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 3, 2020
  4. PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB

1. PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB - Similar Threads - won't boot Installer

2. PC Won't Boot, Windows Installation Drive not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Won't Boot, Windows Installation Drive not Working: I'm really freaking out. For some odd reason my PC won't boot, and when I try to reach advanced options it's stuck in the repair loop. When I attempted to use my original windows flash drive the "advanced boot options" menu was in legacy mode. I couldn't repair my PC or do...
  3. usb installation won't start after formatting a dual boot pc

usb installation won't start after formatting a dual boot pc: my windows 10 has stopped receiving updates after i dual boot with linux it receive updates but when i reboot the updates won't be installed. i format the ubuntu disk, and then the windows disk stop working too. so i create a usb bootable stick and try to boot from it but it...
  4. Windows won't boot to Windows Installer USB

Windows won't boot to Windows Installer USB: Hello, I'm aware that this problem had already some forum posts and serval fixes are already suggested by many sources. I'm writing this question because nothing of that worked for me. My situation: I worked with a working Windows 10 a couple days ago. Now I switched...
  5. Pc won't boot windows from usb

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pc won't boot windows from usb: I downloaded windows 10 onto my usb but when i attempt to boot from it i get a black screen with windows symbol momentarily and then it just reboots back to motherboard screen. Eventually computer just crashes....
  6. Help, win10 installer won't boot from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, win10 installer won't boot from usb: Trying to boot a win 10 ver. 2004 (may 2020) installer from a USB and even tried booting from a DVD. It gets stuck before the installer opens, just a frozen screen with either the motherboard logo or the blue windows logo. Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H ver. 2.0 I have...
  7. PC Won't Boot into Windows

PC Won't Boot into Windows: Hello, I was playing a game the other day and my screen froze. I restarted my PC and after trying to boot into Windows, I was met with the error UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME. I have tried to create installation media on two separate USB's and managed to get into Advanced Boot...
  8. USB won't boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB won't boot: A USB an MP3 I have been using on my computer all day now is not being reconised by the computetr and will not boot up. Is there anything I can do to get it to boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wont-boot/c7dd79f9-1041-47cb-a4d3-38273f2a517c
  9. Installation USB won't boot

Installation USB won't boot: Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 10, 64 bit Enterprise evaluation. I extracted the ISO onto a USB drive which though won't boot. I see a blinking hyphen but nothing happens. I can start from my existing Windows 8.1 via File Explorer clicking Setup, when however the...
  10. Acer PC won't boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer PC won't boot from USB: I attempted to install another operating system onto another partition on my second PC. I've done all the steps correctly, after asking a question from another post. When I hit F12 and chose to boot from USB, it just showed a black screen. I went ahead to disable secure...