Windows 10: PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or...

Discus and support PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there everyone, I built my system about a month ago and have had the above issue since day one. It occurs probably about 80% of the time and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DaveNielson, Dec 1, 2021.

1. PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or...

Hey there everyone, I built my system about a month ago and have had the above issue since day one. It occurs probably about 80% of the time and I'm unable to determine why it sometimes reboots on it's own while other times it does not until I press the reset button. I'll post all specs below but if anyone would like me to post some software generated report, i'd be happy to do so. I'd be grateful for any and all support at this point as I've tried to figure this out and am unable. I'm unable to determine the source of the issue and if it's monitor related. I've got a G9 Odyssey and I've read

:)

DaveNielson, Dec 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 won't boot after pressing reset button

Hi,

We apologize for delay in response and thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you said, you are unable to find automatic repair option while trying to perform method 1. I suggest you to try the below steps and check if you are able to find
    Repair your Computer option.

Follow the below steps:

• Create installation media for windows 10.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

• Insert the Windows 10 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Reset Button Not Working

Hi,
    Exactly what tittle says. That's been bugging me for a while now but I couldn't find any information related to the issue so I just ignored it.
    Today I had to use the button to reset because I messed up doing something and system froze. Well like always before I force shut down I try to reset but it never works.
    This is exactly what happens: I press the reset button then the system pretends to be restarting but it never boots, no beeps no image or anything and thats it.
    Been using power button restart if system freezes.
    Checked the connections in the motherboard and everything is correctly connected.
    Could it be some option in the bios ?

Thanks

DiogoCDS19, Dec 1, 2021
  4. PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or...

EP35-DS3 boot issue

I'm back..

I've took the pc to service again, only for the dude to tell me that there's nothing he can do.. What amazes me is that when he tries to boot it, at service, it starts without any issues. Once I try at home no beep..

Now, he gave me another PSU and, back home, it was even worse than with the previous. So we switched back o the fortron. Then, he taught me a trick: the moment it works I should never shut windows but only press the power button shortly, so it enters sleep mode; then, when I need it back on, turn it on (which would fail to boot), power off from button, turn the PSU off, power on PC (which will turn the pc on for a millisecond), then turn the PSU on, and the pc starts without pressing power button again. This worked for a week or so, then, last night, the pc powered on its own, apparently, since I know I pressed the button so it would sleep, cause I found it running. It hadnt boot tho. Now that trick does not anymore..

I'm more than puzzled by this thing..

Any new suggestions?

Thank you

darksander, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or...

1. PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or... - Similar Threads - won't boot unless

2. PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.: Hi, I'm having a rather unusual issue with my laptop, its a Lenovo Ideapad 3 and I've had this machine for less than a year. The issue occurred last week, I lifted the lid of the laptop and normally it will leave sleep mode immediately and turn on the display, however it...
  3. PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.: Hi, I'm having a rather unusual issue with my laptop, its a Lenovo Ideapad 3 and I've had this machine for less than a year. The issue occurred last week, I lifted the lid of the laptop and normally it will leave sleep mode immediately and turn on the display, however it...
  4. PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot unless I press the reset button. Unable to tell if it's a monitor issue or...: Hey there everyone, I built my system about a month ago and have had the above issue since day one. It occurs probably about 80% of the time and I'm unable to determine why it sometimes reboots on it's own while other times it does not until I press the reset button. I'll...
  5. PC wont boot without pressing reset button intermittent

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wont boot without pressing reset button intermittent: I have seen other questions with a similar issue but mine seems a little unique as its intermittent across differing settings i will give as much details as possible.MY RIGRyzen 5 3600ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus wifi24GB DDR4 Ram running at 3200Mhz 2x 8GB 2x4GB same vendor and...
  6. Pc won't boot unless I press the reset button during

Pc won't boot unless I press the reset button during: I've had this issue for well over a year now and since then I've factory reset a few times and even switched from a 5-year-old hard drive to an nvme, completely lost on what to do. On the off chance it does boot on the first try it will crash with a seemingly random error...
  7. Windows won't boot unless I keep hitting buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't boot unless I keep hitting buttons: I have an Acer Nitro 5 an515-42. It's a laptop with AMD ryzen 2500u and two graphic cards, AMD vega 8 and AMD radeom 560x. I've had this issue for the past two days and haven't found any solution yet. This started happening about two-three days ago. What i mean by the title...
  8. Windows won't boot unless I keep hitting buttons

Windows won't boot unless I keep hitting buttons: I have an Acer Nitro 5 an515-42. Its a laptop with amd ryzen 2500u and two graphic cards. Amd vega 8 and amd radeom 560x. I've had this issue for the past two days and haven't found any solution yet. This started happening about two-three days ago. What i mean by the title...
  9. Windows won't boot unless I press a key

Windows won't boot unless I press a key: I was dual-booting Windows 10 and Kubuntu but decided to delete my Linux partition using the disk manager (rookie mistake), which made me unable to boot into Windows since the Grub bootloader couldn't find the now deleted Linux installation. I used a bootable USB with...
  10. PC won't turn on when case button is pressed

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't turn on when case button is pressed: Had a previous issue which is located here: Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) - Windows 10 Forums To tldr it was fixed by displaying all startup items and services. Had a freeze today and after that when I turned the PC off (via case switch) it wouldn't...