Windows 10: Pc won't boot up after windows update froze

Discus and support Pc won't boot up after windows update froze in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So,I have a Lenovo Windows 10 PC,and today I booted it up to play some minecraft,and there was a windows update stuck at 2% for more than an hour,so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pikman4200, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Pc won't boot up after windows update froze

So,I have a Lenovo Windows 10 PC,and today I booted it up to play some minecraft,and there was a windows update stuck at 2% for more than an hour,so i decided to restart my pc. But upon restarting the loading screen kept repeating infinitely,so I went to check why this happens and I restarted my pc with the diagnosis tool,soon after i'm greeted with a blue screen of death with code: 0xc0000135 and a "SrtTrail.txt is missing" thing. So i went onto youtube and searched for a solution. I did all they said but when I typed in
    "Bootrec /fixboot" it said "Acces Denied"
    "attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s" It said the path was not found.
    I tried changing volumes and partitions of disk 0 but I don't know which ones to choose. I cant reset my pc because I have alot of important stuff in there. Please help.

:)

Pikman4200, Jul 16, 2020

2. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Palaces99 Win User
    PC froze during Windows 10 installation

After downloading windows 10 and installing it, my pc froze during working on updates at 82% , if I restart the pc windows won't boot and then it will get downgraded to win 7, this is the second time this happens, what can I do?

Palaces99, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Pc won't boot up after windows update froze

PC goes into black screen and froze

Hi TPU,

My pc suddenly crashed yesterday and it wont boot up to windows after that. And then i tried windows repair and still it wont boot, so i did a reset on the pc and after it was finished, everytime it is on the desktop it will turn black and froze.

So what i did, i cleaned all the components and reseated all of them. Made a new windows install on the other drive and it completed. Now the problem is that when i get inside windows, it will turn black again and freeze when using the pc for just a couple of minutes. I will had to reset or hard shut down the pc.

Please advise. Thank you.

rubenclavs, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Pc won't boot up after windows update froze

1. Pc won't boot up after windows update froze - Similar Threads - won't boot update

2. Windows 10 PC won't boot after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC won't boot after update: Recently updated windows 10 PC and will not boot to windows. Only the motherboard manufacturers screen is shown then a screen that says "Reboot and select proper boot device or ...". I can also access bios, system information and boot menu.Any suggestions on getting it to...
  3. PC won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't boot up: Hello. I don't know if this question is related here but if anyone could help, I will gladly appreciate it. So the problem is last day I turned on my PC because my little brother wants to play then after some time when he is just about to play, the PC froze/hung and some...
  4. Pc froze up.

Pc froze up.: While playing video games my computer sometimes freezes up completely. Windows reliability monitor shows: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎4/‎14/‎2020 8:06 PM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  5. PC won't boot up after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot up after restart: PC stuck on boot when I restart it, and because of that, I need to shut down my PC from the button. I can't update my PC because of that and it giving me an error 0xc1900101 - 0x20017. How to fix it. Thank you...
  6. PC won't boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't boot up: This will be a wall of text so apologies in advance. Yesterday, my brother asked to borrow my computer so that he could test a potentially defective ssd that he recently got. As such, it was defective. I went to plug my computer back in, then when it started it up, it was...
  7. Pc won't boot after windows update

Pc won't boot after windows update: I have a Lenovo H30-50 which came preinstalled with Windows 8.1. This was upgraded to Windows 10 for free (I believe by Microsoft itself as part of an update). Yesterday while using the pc, a prompt came up informing me of an important update. While I can't recall all the...
  8. PC not booting up after update

PC not booting up after update: Got promoted for a update last night so i chose upgrade and shutdown now this morning computer will not boot up no logo nothing tried a couple of hard resets but nothing mouse keyboard dead no hard drive light. Any ideas before I throw it...
  9. PC won't boot up

PC won't boot up: Hi! I've had this issue for about three weeks now. I'll boot up windows and it'll make it to the spinning dots and then just stop. I'll restart my pc, and it'll do it again. I've done just about all the options in the start up repair tool. I've even reinstalled Windows 10...
  10. PC Won't boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Won't boot up: I had recently changed my pc resolution to a resolution that is to big to display (1920×1440) and I can't turn on my pc without seeing a black screen with the words "out of range'. I tried booting it up into safe mode but that didn't work and I dont know what to do....