Windows 10: PC Won't Boot, Windows Installation Drive not Working

Discus and support PC Won't Boot, Windows Installation Drive not Working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm really freaking out. For some odd reason my PC won't boot, and when I try to reach advanced options it's stuck in the repair loop. When I attempted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sewerwaifu, Sep 17, 2021.

1. PC Won't Boot, Windows Installation Drive not Working

I'm really freaking out. For some odd reason my PC won't boot, and when I try to reach advanced options it's stuck in the repair loop. When I attempted to use my original windows flash drive the "advanced boot options" menu was in legacy mode. I couldn't repair my PC or do much of anything besides choose what mode of windows I wanted to boot in. There's no windows login, repair button, or "press any key" messages. When I tried to boot in these modes I got stuck with infinite loading screens. I literally left my dorm at one point for 6 hours and came back to a loading screen. I have two hard

:)

Sewerwaifu, Sep 17, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Re-install xp in dual-boot configuration

I had an installation of xp . Then I added an installation of windows 7 and dual-booted both. Now the xp installation won`t boot and I want to repair / re-install it. If I do this , will it remove the windows 7 boot-loader and if it does then how do I get back my working dual-boot configuration ?

francis511, Sep 17, 2021
  4. PC Won't Boot, Windows Installation Drive not Working

Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

PC Won't Boot, Windows Installation Drive not Working

1. PC Won't Boot, Windows Installation Drive not Working - Similar Threads - Won't Boot Installation

2. Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install: I have a 1tb m.2 with windows 10 and I was creating a sata ssd for my friend. I went through the normal process, the USB, setup, chose the correct disk and it worked perfectly fine, but now it recognizes my main drive as the second one and bios recognizes it as a bootable...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install: I have a 1tb m.2 with windows 10 and I was creating a sata ssd for my friend. I went through the normal process, the USB, setup, chose the correct disk and it worked perfectly fine, but now it recognizes my main drive as the second one and bios recognizes it as a bootable...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC won't boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot.: I'm very new to using a PC and recently my PC had a problem. It was in a restarting loop. I followed most methods and ended up in a worse condition. "The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors. File:...
  6. PC won't boot after installing updates

PC won't boot after installing updates: I was running Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 3. After some updates were installed, the laptop needed to restart. Now when I turn it on, I get a message that says there is no bootable device. I can't even get into BIOS and I don't have a disk or USB to boot from. What are my...
  7. PC Won't boot

PC Won't boot: My acer laptop wont boot and I cant access the advance boot options. This started yesterday after an update failed and it kept restarting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-boot/085ba3e2-b0da-4f01-b773-e8784bccc5b5
  8. PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB

PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB: Hello, I'm aware that this problem had already some forum posts and serval fixes are already suggested by many sources. I'm writing this question because nothing of that worked for me. My situation: I worked with a working Windows 10 a couple days ago. Now I switched...
  9. PC Won't Boot into Windows

PC Won't Boot into Windows: Hello, I was playing a game the other day and my screen froze. I restarted my PC and after trying to boot into Windows, I was met with the error UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME. I have tried to create installation media on two separate USB's and managed to get into Advanced Boot...
  10. PC won't boot into windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't boot into windows: After last night's critical update I can no longer boot into windows. After I get to the login page I get black screen with the cursor and a flashing start bar with a few things on it. I can enter advanced start up and enter safe mode. I have tried using the repair...