Windows 10: PC wont boot

Discus and support PC wont boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My pc wont go into windows auto repair mode either, I tried restarting it 3 times, 5 times and even 8. When my keyboard is plugged in and I start I I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Imre_Andersson, Dec 6, 2020.

1. PC wont boot

My pc wont go into windows auto repair mode either, I tried restarting it 3 times, 5 times and even 8. When my keyboard is plugged in and I start I I'm stuck on BIOS loading screen. When my keyboard is not plucked in I come into the American Megatrends menu but I cant press f1 to setup since my keyboard is plugged in. I tried booting it from USB but that doesn't work either.

submitted by /u/Imre_Andersson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Imre_Andersson, Dec 6, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Zero Cool Win User
    PC wont boot

Hey,

I tried changing my FSB/CPU multiplier to 10 and changing the FSB to 260, I was also supposed to change the HTT multiplier to 4, but I couldnt find it, and so I thought it might be the CAS frequency...

saved & rebooted

PC wont get pass boot up, have to jump the CMOS switch everytime I wont hte pc to boot! yes, every time!

please help!!! thanks guys *Smile PC wont boot :) *Bang Head :banghead:

Zero Cool, Dec 6, 2020
  4. KBD
    KBD Win User

PC wont boot

Comp wont boot..

i would guess video card. I dont know how a PC with a bad CPU would behave but i assume it wont boot at all. My advice would be this, disconnect everything from the board but the PSU, 1 stick of RAM, GPU and try to run it. If it still wont boot up try putting GPU in another slot or try another stick of RAM. If that wont help use known good components (RAM, GPU, PSU) and see if it will boot. Also make sure heartsink is seated properly as the person above said.

Thema:

PC wont boot

1. PC wont boot - Similar Threads - wont boot

2. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  3. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  4. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  6. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  7. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Did driver verifier, PC wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did driver verifier, PC wont boot: So I had a problem with blue screens and followed similar topics with solutions. That led me to do a driver verifier now my PC wont boot at all and are stuck at a blackscreen. Tried to advanced startup but doesn't work either....
  9. Did driver verifier, PC wont boot

Did driver verifier, PC wont boot: So I had a problem with blue screens and followed similar topics with solutions. That led me to do a driver verifier now my PC wont boot at all and are stuck at a blackscreen. Tried to advanced startup but doesn't work either....
  10. Did driver verifier, PC wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging