Windows 10: PC won’t connect to 5ghz WiFi, but will to 2.4

Discus and support PC won’t connect to 5ghz WiFi, but will to 2.4 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, im having an issue where i want my pc to connect to my 5ghz wifi channel for better download speeds etc, but it simply wont connect saying it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Smac311, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Smac311 Win User

PC won’t connect to 5ghz WiFi, but will to 2.4

Hello,

im having an issue where i want my pc to connect to my 5ghz wifi channel for better download speeds etc, but it simply wont connect saying it cannot connect to this network. However, 2.4 works just fine and is reliable.

So, i went searching and tried multiple things like going into device manager and into network adapters and messing around with that, but nothing worked. I heard having an 802.11n/ac works fine with 5ghz, which i have both.

My router is on the bottom floor of my house and my pc is on the 3rd floor, so there is a decent space between them. However, my laptop and phone work perfectly fine on 5ghz in my room same room as desktop. I just dont understand why my desktop just wont connect to the 5ghz. In fact, my desktop used to connect to the 5ghz channel a few months ago but i could never get it to go back.

i also unplugged my modem and router for minutes at a time to try to get it to work, but it all fell short. If someone can help with this i would greatly appreciate it, cuz ive been dealing with it for months. Obviously not a HUGE issue because 2.4 channel works fine, it has just been bugging me for the longest time and have found nothing to help me.

If anyone has the solution to this or has the same problem let me know! Thanks

:)

Smac311, Nov 19, 2020

2. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Alfie1909 Win User
    5GHz Wifi

Hello. I want to connect to 5GHz wifi, but its not showing up in the connection list. I've done a bit of research and my laptop should be able to connect to the 5GHz band.

Alfie1909, Nov 19, 2020
  4. felucas Win User

Can't connect to 5Ghz WiFi on Windows

Hi Phelenor, my name is Felipe Lucas, windows expert and user like you.

I'll be happy to help you.

5GHz WiFi not showing up in your Windows 10 computer is a very common issue. There are literally thousands of queries out there asking why is 5G Wifi not showing up, how to enable 5G WiFi, why they can’t connect to 5G WiFi, and more. These issues usually come
    up when users change their WiFi Router, update their OS, change hardware components of PC related to WiFi, update device driver, etc. The most common of them all is when users get a new router. When the router is set up, instead of their PC’s WiFi Adapter
    detecting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bandwidth signals, it only detects 2.4GHz bandwidth signal.

Please, try to follow the steps listed on the link below:

https://thegeekpage.com/5ghz-wifi-not-showing-u...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

felucas, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

1. PC won’t connect to 5ghz WiFi, but will to 2.4 - Similar Threads - won’t connect 5ghz

2. Pc won’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won’t connect to wifi: Hi i have this problem where my pc with widows 11 ain’t able to reconnect to my wifi after a restart or when I’m turning it on for the first time on the day. To solve this so have I restarted my router every time I what to use my pc witch over time gets quite enjoying. I’m...
  3. Pc won’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won’t connect to wifi: Hi i have this problem where my pc with widows 11 ain’t able to reconnect to my wifi after a restart or when I’m turning it on for the first time on the day. To solve this so have I restarted my router every time I what to use my pc witch over time gets quite enjoying. I’m...
  4. PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.: Hello, just got a new router that supports dual band 2.4g and 5g. I set it all up, the 5g works flawlessly on my phone and laptop but my desktop pc can't connect. I can see it in my wifi list but when type the password and hit connect, it is connecting for like 30 seconds and...
  5. PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.: Hello, just got a new router that supports dual band 2.4g and 5g. I set it all up, the 5g works flawlessly on my phone and laptop but my desktop pc can't connect. I can see it in my wifi list but when type the password and hit connect, it is connecting for like 30 seconds and...
  6. My PC won’t connect to my 2.4ghz WiFi only my 5ghz?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC won’t connect to my 2.4ghz WiFi only my 5ghz?: My PC won’t connect to my 2.4ghz WiFi only my 5ghz? * Original title: Pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-connect-to-my-24ghz-wifi-only-my-5ghz/89214697-a319-49db-8b99-6524791cb2e8
  7. 5ghz wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5ghz wifi connection: Hello my wifi adapter is realtek rtl8188ee wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic this do it support 5ghz wifi connection if yes how can I enable it when I do in device manager and for to network adapter and to to wireless lan and click advantage and try to enable 5 ghz connection...
  8. Can't connect to 5ghz wifi

Can't connect to 5ghz wifi: There is no 5 GHz Wifi option in my laptop, but I can connect to it in my other device. I tried everything and look for the solution in this community before but all of them cannot solve my problem. This is my Wifi card: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3168...
  9. 5ghz WiFi won’t connect after mobo change

5ghz WiFi won’t connect after mobo change: [IMG]So basically my wifi card (DW1525, 802.1.1) could connect to 5ghz wifi in my room upstairs. But after i put it into a different mobo, and put it back, it can no longer connect to 5ghz and has problems connecting to wifi after startup. I know for a fact that the card...
  10. Pc won’t connect to wifi????

Pc won’t connect to wifi????: I have a gaming pc and I have owned it for about eight months and it has always worked with no problems what so ever, until recently it won’t connect to any wifi, it loads for a bit then says ‘can’t connext to this network’, it’s windows 10 and will work using an Ethernet...