Windows 10: PC won't detect second monitor

Discus and support PC won't detect second monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I found a PC monitor in my basement, but when i tried to connect it to my PC, it could not be detected. HELP!!! 45330 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Spinnern, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Spinnern Win User

PC won't detect second monitor

I found a PC monitor in my basement, but when i tried to connect it to my PC, it could not be detected. HELP!!!

:)

Spinnern, Mar 25, 2016

2. second monitor won't come back after computer went to sleep

The second monitor suddenly won't be detected. Restarted and shut down, looked for updates. and checked the connection...all good.

Brent Kristof, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Laptop won't detect second monitor?

Hi Ken,

We'd like to clarify if the issue still persist? If yes, we need to gather the following information to further isolate the issue.

• Were you able to connect your monitor to your laptop before?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried using a straight connector to your monitor?

Keep us posted on the issue to assist you better.

Marielle Cas, Mar 25, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

5. Spinnern Win User
    I use a Nvidia GTX 960 GPU, and i am using aVGA cable. I have red somewhere that you can't connect the monitor to the GPU or some shit, and that there is a glitch in Win 10. I have tried to connect it to my laptop and it worked, so i don't understand why it won't work for my other PC.

Spinnern, Mar 26, 2016
  6. Dude Win User
    Does the monitor have a DVI port you could try?

7. I don't believe that one bit. *Smile I am using VGA just fine. My GPU is a GTX 750 Ti by Gigabyte and I use a DVI-I to VGA adapter (they only cost around 10 bucks) and it works perfectly. *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 2, 2016
  8. flybynite Win User

If you are using an adapter to hook up to the DVI port perhaps it is not connecting properly, or is a bad adapter.

flybynite, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC won't detect second monitor - Similar Threads - won't detect second

2. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  3. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  4. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I have problem after Windows 11 installation [with second monitor not being detected]. I noticed this after the 22H2 update. I have tried all options above.The same laptop, same hdmi port, same cable works with a brand new ASUS monitor we purchased....
  5. Second monitor is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor is not detected: So I have 2 monitorssame model and one of them when I try to connect to my laptop it's not detected . I have only 1 hdmi port currently waiting for a docking to be deliveredWhat I've tried:1change the cable with one that I know it works2Connect it to a different laptop mac...
  6. Second monitor is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor is not detected: So I have 2 monitorssame model and one of them when I try to connect to my laptop it's not detected . I have only 1 hdmi port currently waiting for a docking to be deliveredWhat I've tried:1change the cable with one that I know it works2Connect it to a different laptop mac...
  7. Second monitor detected but won't connect.

Second monitor detected but won't connect.: Hello, it's just as the title says. I recently updated Windows, and Nvidia, and now my second monitor is detected, but it will not connect. I have rolled back on both Windows, and Nvidia updates to no avail. I have tested the cable, and the monitor to make sure they weren't...
  8. windows 10 won't detect second monitor

windows 10 won't detect second monitor: This has been asked but the answers don't fit my situation. My old Dell computer was getting wonky so my daughter gave me her Dell XPS 13-9360. She hadn't used it for a long time, so I updated Windows 10 64 bit --it took forever but it tells me now it is completely up to...
  9. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: After upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1809 my 2nd monitor is not detected. Updating display drivers for Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 710m graphics cards did not solve the problem. Rolled back to version 1803 and everything works fine. My laptop is an Acer...
  10. PC will not detect second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC will not detect second monitor: So....I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my pc but it is not able to detect the second monitor. OS is windows 10 and my gfx card is a geforce gtx 1050. there are 2 hdmi ports and one dvi port on the dedicated gfx card - main screen is connected via hdmi (which is...