Windows 10: PC won’t display on TV after GPU driver update

Discus and support PC won’t display on TV after GPU driver update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My wife bought a new computer which we hooked up to our TV which she would use as the computer monitor. The computer displayed on the TV just as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by KenC, Sep 26, 2022.

1. KenC Win User

PC won’t display on TV after GPU driver update

My wife bought a new computer which we hooked up to our TV which she would use as the computer monitor. The computer displayed on the TV just as it should, until I updated the video card driver to an NVIDIA driver. Now the computer will no longer show up on the TV, though it will still show up when connected to a computer monitor. If I hook the HDMI cord back up to the TV and restart the computer, I DO get the initial booting screen showing the motherboard logo. But once it boots into...

Read more

2. HeatherY. Win User

My pc won't display to my tv after upgrade.

This might help: VIZIO Support

HeatherY., Sep 26, 2022
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptopc can´t connect to TV

Hi,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Are you connecting the PC and TV using a HDMI cable?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• First you need a video cable for making the physically connection. For better picture quality, you should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports.
    • Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content of your computer on the TV or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Pick up your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

You may also need to change the screen resolution of your TV using the Display settings in your Control Panel else the picture may appear distorted.

Please revert if you face any issues with PC not connecting to TV.

Jessen P, Sep 26, 2022
  4. PC won’t display on TV after GPU driver update

Cannot connect TV as second display

Have you tried updating the video card drivers? I suggest downloading IOBit Driver Booster and letting it update all the drivers in your system and see if that helps.

ArazelEternal, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

PC won’t display on TV after GPU driver update

1. PC won’t display on TV after GPU driver update - Similar Threads - won’t display GPU

2. PC won’t boot after new gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won’t boot after new gpu: After making the switch, the pc booted normally but very slow response and no applications would load, the computer would freeze and have to restart. Eventually, it wouldn’t boot up at all and messing with UEFI and legacy settings enabled me to be in startup lookup with...
  3. PC won’t boot after new gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won’t boot after new gpu: After making the switch, the pc booted normally but very slow response and no applications would load, the computer would freeze and have to restart. Eventually, it wouldn’t boot up at all and messing with UEFI and legacy settings enabled me to be in startup lookup with...
  4. PC won’t boot after new gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Pc display keep going black after trying to install the gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc display keep going black after trying to install the gpu drivers: i have a Geforce gtx 1050ti and when i try to install the drivers give it like 3-4 minutes and my screen go black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-display-keep-going-black-after-trying-to/682672f8-6261-4e98-8be2-e4aa609c88df
  6. PC won't display on tv.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't display on tv.: I recently got myself a pc and I was messing with some settings to try and fix some screen tearing. I turned off fullscreen optimisation and restarted my pc then the tv said no signal, I have tried a different tv and the problem is still there. Any help would be appriciated....
  7. My pc won’t display anything on my tv

My pc won’t display anything on my tv: I have tried changing the cpu, gpu and ram and even a new motherboard but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-display-anything-on-my-tv/2bc47946-7e53-48b7-87ee-691bd95b6be7
  8. PC won’t display anything.

PC won’t display anything.: Hello, yesterday I had an issue where my PC suddenly stopped displaying anything and the screen went black but everything worked fine and I could hear my friends ingame. I shut off my pc scared it was a virus attack, but I think I did the wrong thin. Whenever I try to start...
  9. My pc won’t display to my tv

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc won’t display to my tv: Ok so I haven’t started my pc in a bit and during that time I lost my monitor so recently I tried to use my tv but now it won’t display and none of of the ports work such as the usb hdmi or display submitted by /u/Xdmoonrocks [link] [comments]...
  10. My GPU won't display correctly on the TV.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My GPU won't display correctly on the TV.: I conneced my PC to the TV and what displays on the TV is quiete different than on my monitor. On the TV, my Menu bar is at the bottom where as on PC it's at the top, there are no desktop shortcuts, and I can't see my mouse cusor or any open apps unless I move them towards...