Windows 10: pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.

Discus and support pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I've recently built a pc, initially everything was fine transferred my files from my previous pc, added my preferred wall paper to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by king skully, Feb 17, 2022.

1. pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.

Hi all, I've recently built a pc, initially everything was fine transferred my files from my previous pc, added my preferred wall paper to the personalisation tab, added it to the lock screen and every thing was great. However, recently when i am heading off to bed and leave my pc on to listen to the radio the darn thing wont switch off after it stops. It did initially but I'm not sure what's changed. I've followed the guides on several websites including Microsoft help and yet none of the advice given are allowing my pc to sleep or go to lock screen when idle after a predetermined timeI

:)

king skully, Feb 17, 2022
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Feb 17, 2022
  3. dbzx12r Win User
    Lock Screen Not Locking

Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no security. Also, when the screen times out it wont lock when a key is pressed to turn it back on, rather it just goes straight back into the desktop. I've looked through all the setting regarding the lock screen and sleep settings and haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?

-Cheers

dbzx12r, Feb 17, 2022
  4. pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.

lock screen - sleep problems

Hi Kenny,

For us to isolate your concern with lock screen and sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 17, 2022
Thema:

pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.

1. pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen. - Similar Threads - wont enter sleep

2. Computer wont enter sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont enter sleep mode.: Hi all,So for the past couple months since upgrading to windows 11, my pc jsut wont enter sleep mode. Ive managaed to narrow it down and its my "Steelseries arctis 7 headset" that wont let it sleep. However Ive tried to override it in powercfg but it still wont enter sleep...
  3. Computer wont enter sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont enter sleep mode.: Hi all,So for the past couple months since upgrading to windows 11, my pc jsut wont enter sleep mode. Ive managaed to narrow it down and its my "Steelseries arctis 7 headset" that wont let it sleep. However Ive tried to override it in powercfg but it still wont enter sleep...
  4. Lock screen/Sleep

Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  5. pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.: Hi all, I've recently built a pc, initially everything was fine transferred my files from my previous pc, added my preferred wall paper to the personalisation tab, added it to the lock screen and every thing was great. However, recently when i am heading off to bed and leave...
  6. pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.

pc wont enter into sleep or lock screen.: Hi all, I've recently built a pc, initially everything was fine transferred my files from my previous pc, added my preferred wall paper to the personalisation tab, added it to the lock screen and every thing was great. However, recently when i am heading off to bed and leave...
  7. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  8. PC Wont sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Wont sleep: Hi, I seem to be having problems where my PC wont sleep after 30mins as its set to. Any help would be great thanks 29827
  9. PC Wil not Enter Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Wil not Enter Sleep: I think an update caused it but am not sure. I ran this line and got the below. I have checked the network adapters power management and disabled print and file sharing and do not use a home group. Help! Thanks C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None....
  10. PC wont sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wont sleep: My pc wont go into sleep mode and says realtec driver is in use and an audio stream is in use 86379