Windows 10: PC won't enter sleep automatically

Discus and support PC won't enter sleep automatically in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 PRO version 2004. I set my power plan so that the PC should go into sleep mode after a certain amount of time, but won't do so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mitchell Dueck, Sep 14, 2020.

1. PC won't enter sleep automatically

I'm running Windows 10 PRO version 2004.

I set my power plan so that the PC should go into sleep mode after a certain amount of time, but won't do so automatically. I can manually put the PC to sleep and it stays asleep until I wake it up. I tried putting a clean install Windows 10 on my PC again, but I'm still getting the same problem.

I ran "powercfg - requests" in cmd and was given the following result:

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

None.

AWAYMODE:

None.

EXECUTION:

None.

PERFBOOST:

None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

None.

I'm not sure what else to do to solve this issue. Are there any other ways I can figure out what is preventing my computer from entering sleep automatically or fixing my problem?

:)

Mitchell Dueck, Sep 14, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Sep 14, 2020
  4. PC won't enter sleep automatically

Desktop will not automatically enter sleep mode

I've changed power settings (included the advanced settings) to allow sleep to automatically occur after 10 minutes, but the computer doesn't go into sleep mode. It previously went to sleep automatically, but apparently some automatic system updates have
    changed that feature. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Keith_Davey, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

PC won't enter sleep automatically

1. PC won't enter sleep automatically - Similar Threads - won't enter sleep

2. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  3. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  4. Computer won't sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't sleep automatically: Windows 10 is refusing to sleep in the time defined, the monitor does go to sleep normally. I search on several sites and posts and do the sugestion mentioned, but nothing works. I already do the selective inicialization deactivating all the services not Microsoft, I change...
  5. PC won't enter sleep mode on its own:

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't enter sleep mode on its own:: Hi. As of a few days ago my HP desktop running Windows 10 2004 stopped entering sleep mode. The computer is only about 3 years old or so. I have never encountered this problem before. I can put it to sleep manually and it will stay asleep until I wake it or a scheduled scan...
  6. Help determining why PC won't enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help determining why PC won't enter sleep mode: I have a webcam that is apparently preventing my computer from sleeping. I have the following listed when I run powercfg /requests: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] HD Webcam C615 (USB\VID_046D&PID_082C&MI_00\7&3772e1ad&0&0000) An audio...
  7. Help determing why PC won't enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Help determing why PC won't enter sleep mode: I have a webcam that is apparently preventing my computer from sleeping. I have the following listed when I run powercfg /requests: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] HD Webcam C615 (USB\VID_046D&PID_082C&MI_00\7&3772e1ad&0&0000) An...
  8. PC won't sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't sleep automatically: So apparently this is a problem when going into 1903 and 1909 And an update should have fixed this for ppl EXECUTION: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (UsoSvc) Universal Orchestrato This is what's keeping my pc awake So do I have to...
  9. Desktop will not automatically enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop will not automatically enter sleep mode: I've changed power settings (included the advanced settings) to allow sleep to automatically occur after 10 minutes, but the computer doesn't go into sleep mode. It previously went to sleep automatically, but apparently some automatic system updates have changed that feature....
  10. PC Wil not Enter Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Wil not Enter Sleep: I think an update caused it but am not sure. I ran this line and got the below. I have checked the network adapters power management and disabled print and file sharing and do not use a home group. Help! Thanks C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None....