Windows 10: PC won't enter sleep mode on its own:

Discus and support PC won't enter sleep mode on its own: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. As of a few days ago my HP desktop running Windows 10 2004 stopped entering sleep mode. The computer is only about 3 years old or so. I have never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mcd73165, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

PC won't enter sleep mode on its own:

Hi. As of a few days ago my HP desktop running Windows 10 2004 stopped entering sleep mode. The computer is only about 3 years old or so. I have never encountered this problem before. I can put it to sleep manually and it will stay asleep until I wake it or a scheduled scan task wakes it. I researched the issue extensively and tried everything I could find to fix it without success. I also ran a System File Scan with no problems found. I even restored the pc back to version 1909 with a Macrium Reflect image and problem still existed. I restored it back with my version 2004 image. At this point I'm thinking there may be a problem within the computer itself. There are no processes or programs that are causing the problem. I even updated the chipset driver to no avail. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Mark

:)

Mcd73165, Aug 3, 2020

2. Windows sleep mode--computer won't stay asleep

In all the listed problems there was nothing about the computer coming out of the sleep mode on its own.

Barbara Bankes, Aug 3, 2020
  3. andrismat Win User
    My pc won't enter sleep/hibernate mode

Hi.

I own an ASUS UX501J with Windows 10, purchased in february 2016. The computer was working fine until around april, since then I have been unable to put the PC to hibernate/sleep mode. Whenever I close the lid or push the power button, the PC turns off completely.
    Even when I set the PC to sleep/hibernate mode manually from the start button, it turns off completely. I have double checked all the advanced power settings on my computer, and there it says the PC should go to sleep mode whenever I close the lid or push
    the power button. I have updated all device drivers on my computer several times, and have made sure the hibernate configuration is on from the command window, but nothing seems to help. Running "powercfg
    -energy -output" in the command window gives me the only error:
    PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) deactivated, but I'm not sure if that's directly related to my problem.

Do you have any suggestions on how this problem can be fixed?

andrismat, Aug 3, 2020
  4. cashby3 Win User

PC wont go in to SLEEP mode since last April windows 10 update

Hi

I tried step 1 and no changes were required.

I then went through step 2 and tried the rollback. still didn't resolve the issue. so I then uninstalled and re-installed but again. still wont go to sleep.

If I select Power and then sleep manually the PC will go to sleep mode. it just wont go to sleep mode on its own after the timer expires.

It used to go to sleep on its own/after timer expires but now it doesn't after the latest windows update.

Not sure what it is.

cashby3, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. PC won't enter sleep mode on its own: - Similar Threads - won't enter sleep

2. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  3. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  4. Laptop restarts on its own when it's in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts on its own when it's in sleep mode: I don't know why, but several times my laptop restarts on its own when it's in sleep mode. It doesn't happen often, but it has occurred a few times, including today. I once turned off the automatic restart feature for system failure, but it resulted in some cases where I...
  5. Laptop restarts on its own when it's in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts on its own when it's in sleep mode: I don't know why, but several times my laptop restarts on its own when it's in sleep mode. It doesn't happen often, but it has occurred a few times, including today. I once turned off the automatic restart feature for system failure, but it resulted in some cases where I...
  6. Windows 10 PC going to sleep mode on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC going to sleep mode on its own: I built a PC last summer and all was well for the first 6 months or so. Now it has decided to start going into sleep mode after about 20 minutes of inactivity. I have tried changing all of the settings for sleep mode, screen saver, etc. without any luck. I checked in my bios...
  7. Help determining why PC won't enter sleep mode

Help determining why PC won't enter sleep mode: I have a webcam that is apparently preventing my computer from sleeping. I have the following listed when I run powercfg /requests: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] HD Webcam C615 (USB\VID_046D&PID_082C&MI_00\7&3772e1ad&0&0000) An audio...
  8. Help determing why PC won't enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Help determing why PC won't enter sleep mode: I have a webcam that is apparently preventing my computer from sleeping. I have the following listed when I run powercfg /requests: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] HD Webcam C615 (USB\VID_046D&PID_082C&MI_00\7&3772e1ad&0&0000) An...
  9. PC not entering sleep mode.

PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  10. PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own: Sometimes the issue occurs at night. It is really annoying. I ran the Cmd prompt, powercfg - lastwake and found a report that Extensible Host controller AMD USB 3.0 - 1.0 is culprit. I went to the Device Manager to turn off the sleep mode in this controller but didn’t find...