Windows 10: PC won't fully go to sleep issue

Discus and support PC won't fully go to sleep issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm having a weird issue lately where my PC won't fully go to sleep whenever I manually put it in sleep mode. What I mean by this is it that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Z_Lynx, Dec 10, 2020.

1. /u/Z_Lynx Win User

PC won't fully go to sleep issue

So I'm having a weird issue lately where my PC won't fully go to sleep whenever I manually put it in sleep mode. What I mean by this is it that it basically gets itself stuck in the black screen state right before actually sleeping. The process of events is as follows:

I manually activate sleep mode in Windows > The monitors all black out > The PC itself doesn't actually shut off, the fans keep spinning and my lights stay all lit up.

Normally my fans all shut off and my lights mostly go out save for my motherboard RGB. Now the PC just doesn't want to fully go through with sleep mode it seems. Another thing is once the screens turn off, my peripherals will no longer wake up the PC. I basically have to hard power it and turn it on again. Anyone know what could be causing this?

submitted by /u/Z_Lynx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Z_Lynx, Dec 10, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Sleep issues with Windows

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configued to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and execute second command
      now.
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to preventing that particular device to wake your PC from sleep.

Please get back to us with status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 10, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. PC won't fully go to sleep issue - Similar Threads - won't fully sleep

2. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  3. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  4. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Won't go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't go to sleep?: Recently I've been noticing my PC won't sleep after 1 hour while I am afk? I have the settings on for 1 hour inactive to then go asleep till I return but It's been going off and on like this for a bit now. I was away for 2 hours, and see my PC still on? Is it just windows...
  6. Desktop PC Won't Go To Sleep

Desktop PC Won't Go To Sleep: Hi guys, I am having an issue where for some reason when I put my desktop to sleep, the monitor turns off but the all fans and RGB lighting still runs. I have looked up possible issues for a PC not going to sleep for various reasons and changed a few settings in the...
  7. PC won't go to sleep

PC won't go to sleep: so my pc won't go to sleep, every time i try a few seconds later it would turn it self on. At first i though if might be my speakers so i unplugged them but after a 10-20 mins it would still turn it self on and i don't know what to do...
  8. PC won't lock after going to sleep

PC won't lock after going to sleep: This is a problem for me, because I want to be sure that if I accidentally forget to lock it manually, it will lock on it's own and not be open for everybody. I have set the sleep mode to be 10 minutes of inactivity. I have also been to the Sign-in settings and set the...
  9. PC won't turn off or go to sleep

PC won't turn off or go to sleep: So couple days ago I got this problem where my PC won't turn off or go to sleep, when I click it just says "Shuting Down" and suddenly "Welcome". I tried Disk Checkup and all but I couldn't fix this issue. And I have the newest update installed....
  10. PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode: Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum in which to post this - apologies if I'm wrong. I have an Acer Revo One that is installed with Win 10 build 1803 that refuses to go into Sleep Mode. The display closes as specified, but the PC itself won't. Having...