Windows 10: PC Won't go into sleep mode. NEED HELP

Discus and support PC Won't go into sleep mode. NEED HELP in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, So I'm having a problem with my pc not going into sleep mode. I have run the troubleshooters for Microsoft in the power saving tab and it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eliasemex, Nov 8, 2020.

1. PC Won't go into sleep mode. NEED HELP

Hello,

So I'm having a problem with my pc not going into sleep mode. I have run the troubleshooters for Microsoft in the power saving tab and it says it fixes it but nothing changes. In the end, my pc stays on and running and it is very bright and literally won't let me go to sleep at night when I want it to just go into sleep mode automatically. I believe this must be an MS issue and wanted to know if there's any way to track what could be keeping my pc from going into sleep mode save something on the coned bill. I have a 10700k if that matters.

submitted by /u/eliasemex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eliasemex, Nov 8, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 8, 2020
  4. m6soto Win User

PC Won't go into sleep mode. NEED HELP

Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

No go still. *Frown PC Won't go into sleep mode. NEED HELP :(

Thanks suraswami for the suggestion.

Ok. I reset the BIOS to defaults, and S3, and now when I tell the computer to go into standby, it appears to save everything to memory, and then power off. It's like the PC thinks sleep means hibernate.

So, OK. I tried turning off hybrid sleep, and now when I went to sleep, the PC just powered off. And when I tried powering back on, Windows said it was shutdown unexpectedly.

Now I've tried swapping out each pair of 1GB sticks (4 sticks total for 4GB) in all four slots in different configurations. On each time, it displays the same symptoms: When I try to resume, I can hear drives spin up, and the fans will roar to full speed *and stay on full speed*. The screen will remain black, the HD led will not light at all. The power LED remains flashing blue. It will stay like that indefinitely. I have to force power off by holding the power button. So, unless all four sticks of RAM happen to be bad, I doubt this is the culprit.

Any suggestions? S1 sleep mode in the BIOS works fine, although, like you mention, it's not ideal. I can hibernate the PC just fine. I'd like S3 to work, ideally.

Thanks.

m6soto, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

PC Won't go into sleep mode. NEED HELP

1. PC Won't go into sleep mode. NEED HELP - Similar Threads - Won't sleep mode

2. My computer won't go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't go to sleep mode: I set my computer to sleep in 30 mins. when I got back home after 3 hours it is still open. How to make it sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-go-to-sleep-mode/50d8d80f-1474-42e3-9879-1a8747e0af8d
  3. My computer won't go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer won't go to sleep mode: I set my computer to sleep in 30 mins. when I got back home after 3 hours it is still open. How to make it sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-go-to-sleep-mode/50d8d80f-1474-42e3-9879-1a8747e0af8d
  4. My computer won't go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11, won't go into sleep mode!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, won't go into sleep mode!!!: My Alienware 15 R3 won't go to sleep, if I try and put it in sleep it will just turn the screen off and then remain on until i move my mouse or press a key and it turns on. My computer only turns the screen off, which is what happens when you turn the hard drive off....
  6. PC not going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not going into sleep mode: For some reason over the past couple of days my pc won't go into sleep mode despite the fact that I have set the screen and the pc to go off after 10 minutes. It isn't working either when I click on 'Shut Down or Sign Out' and then choose 'Sleep'. When I do that it...
  7. PC going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC going to sleep mode: From time to time, I have a YouTube video playing (via Google Chrome), and walk away from my PC. The videos are usually 8-10 hours long. I have noticed that the PC will still go to sleep mode. Any idea why? Thanks submitted by /u/circatee [link] [comments]...
  8. PC won't go to sleep

PC won't go to sleep: so my pc won't go to sleep, every time i try a few seconds later it would turn it self on. At first i though if might be my speakers so i unplugged them but after a 10-20 mins it would still turn it self on and i don't know what to do...
  9. Need help with making monitors go to sleep mode

Need help with making monitors go to sleep mode: I have done just about everything posted here on how to make dual monitors go to sleep. NO LUCK---- HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-making-monitors-go-to-sleep-mode/140f1565-e981-4472-8b42-2256a0ecf0fa
  10. PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode: Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum in which to post this - apologies if I'm wrong. I have an Acer Revo One that is installed with Win 10 build 1803 that refuses to go into Sleep Mode. The display closes as specified, but the PC itself won't. Having...