Windows 10: PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

Discus and support PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum in which to post this - apologies if I'm wrong. I have an Acer Revo One that is installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dumfy, Dec 3, 2018.

1. dumfy Win User

PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum in which to post this - apologies if I'm wrong.

I have an Acer Revo One that is installed with Win 10 build 1803 that refuses to go into Sleep Mode. The display closes as specified, but the PC itself won't.

Having done some research prior to posting this, I read that typing powercfg -requests into Windows Powershell as a command should help identify the issue.

I did this and the report came back specifying the following . . .

SYSTEM: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Users\***\isno.exe (where *** is my PC username)

I have no idea how to investigate further. I assume it refers to the hard drive which has two partitions on it. How do I find out where/what \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Users\***\isno.exe is?

This may not be the cause of course, so any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Things I've tried so far . . .
    Reverted to Balanced Power Mode
    Reset it to Default Settings
    Changed from Selective Start Up to Normal Boot

With many thanks

:)

dumfy, Dec 3, 2018

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Dec 3, 2018
  4. m6soto Win User

Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

No go still. *Frown PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode :(

Thanks suraswami for the suggestion.

Ok. I reset the BIOS to defaults, and S3, and now when I tell the computer to go into standby, it appears to save everything to memory, and then power off. It's like the PC thinks sleep means hibernate.

So, OK. I tried turning off hybrid sleep, and now when I went to sleep, the PC just powered off. And when I tried powering back on, Windows said it was shutdown unexpectedly.

Now I've tried swapping out each pair of 1GB sticks (4 sticks total for 4GB) in all four slots in different configurations. On each time, it displays the same symptoms: When I try to resume, I can hear drives spin up, and the fans will roar to full speed *and stay on full speed*. The screen will remain black, the HD led will not light at all. The power LED remains flashing blue. It will stay like that indefinitely. I have to force power off by holding the power button. So, unless all four sticks of RAM happen to be bad, I doubt this is the culprit.

Any suggestions? S1 sleep mode in the BIOS works fine, although, like you mention, it's not ideal. I can hibernate the PC just fine. I'd like S3 to work, ideally.

Thanks.

m6soto, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Won't Sleep Mode

2. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...
  3. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: Did look trough the forum, but no solution PC won't respond from mouse or keyboard when in sleep mode. Did unchecked and rechecked the USB device "allow the device to wake up" Pressing the power switch will restart pc in a fresh boot-up, All files closed. No error message....
  4. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Sleep Mode: After a period of inactivity, my PC goes into a mode where it shows pictures from my files. This is fine and I like this feature. However, this seems to take place after one minute of inactivity. How can I lengthen the interval before this takes place?...
  5. Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Won't Go to Sleep Automatically: Hi all, After I upgraded to Windows 10, my system won't go to sleep automatically. The display will turn off after the idle time I've set but the computer remains on. I've tested with setting it to sleep after being idle for 1 minute, and only the display turns off. If I...
  6. PC Won't Sleep

PC Won't Sleep: So I've and tried some more and I cannot seem to get my PC to Sleep. I was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate. It's a custom built rig for gaming and streaming movies. Not sure why, but I put it on sleep, I see the PC go down as if it's in sleep mode and then...
  7. PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode

PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode: My computer keeps shutting down after I put it into sleep mode, then when i start it back up it says that it shut down incorrectly. This does not happen all the time, only sporadically. Other times it will not go into sleep mode altogether! Interesting, I had this problem...
  8. HDD won't go to sleep

HDD won't go to sleep: I have recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 and I am experiencing a weird problem. My HDD setup is as follows: Samsung EVO 250GB M2 SSD - OS and apps Crucial MX100 512GB SATA SSD - Games Seagate ST2000 2TB SATA HDD - Media After configuring Windows...
  9. My computer won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer won't go to sleep: From yesterday, my computer do a restart instead of shutdown when I click the shutdown button. I figured out that when I disable fast starup in Power options. My computer can now shutdown properly. But it can't go to sleep. I click the sleep button, it just go dark and then...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...