Windows 10: PC won't go into sleep regularly and wake up in an hour after upgrade to OS Build 19041.388

Discus and support PC won't go into sleep regularly and wake up in an hour after upgrade to OS Build 19041.388 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Recently upgraded to OS Build 19041.388 Since the upgrade, I have noticed that the PC no longer enters sleep mode as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by redhonker, Aug 3, 2020.

1. redhonker Win User

PC won't go into sleep regularly and wake up in an hour after upgrade to OS Build 19041.388

Hi,

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Recently upgraded to OS Build 19041.388

Since the upgrade, I have noticed that the PC no longer enters sleep mode as regularly as before the upgrade.

Before the upgrade, PC will enter sleep if idling for 30 min. I have noticed it will wake up around midnight by itself but will go back to sleep after a few min.

After the upgrade, I have not seen it once entering sleep mode after idling. If I make it sleep manually, it will wake up in less than one hour. Once awake, it won't go back to sleep.

How could I troubleshoot? Some information below

In the Event Viewer, the most recent wakeup is 0:36.

==== 0:36:29, Information, ID = 1, Source = Kernel General

The system time has changed to ‎2020‎-‎08‎-‎03T04:36:29.500000000Z from ‎2020‎-‎08‎-‎03T02:32:10.979873100Z.

Change Reason: System time synchronized with the hardware clock.
    Process: '' PID 4.

==== 0:36:29, Error, ID = 10001, Source = DistributedCOM

Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.13.0.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI.AppXynb3eakad12451rv00qxextfnce9sxb8.mca as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
    "2147942667"
    Happened while starting this command:
    "C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe" -ServerName:CortanaUI.AppXa50dqqa5gqv4a428c9y1jjw7m3btvepj.mca

==== 0:36:30, Information, ID = 131, Source = Kernel-Power

Firmware S3 times. ResumeCount: 0, FullResume: 0, AverageResume: 0

==== 0:36:30, Information, ID = 1, Source = Power-Troubleshooter

The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: ‎2020‎-‎08‎-‎03T02:31:46.021336900Z
    Wake Time: ‎2020‎-‎08‎-‎03T04:36:31.186744300Z

Wake Source: Timer - Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Schedule Wake To Work' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

:)

redhonker, Aug 3, 2020
  2. kobib Win User

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up.

PC won't go into sleep regularly and wake up in an hour after upgrade to OS Build 19041.388 [​IMG]

I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums.
    1. All the drivers updated
    2. Turn of all wake timers and allow device to wake up the computer from mouse, keyboard, Realtek PCIe Controller, Wireless AC.
    3. Turn "wake computer" from UpdateOrchestrator in Task Scheduler
    4. Run all the troubleshooters from windows
    5. Reinstalled Windows latest build
    6. Tried on older Windows build

Has anyone can suggest anything else ?
    It drives me crazy , its suddenly happened and now a can't find any solution

kobib, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Delco24 Win User
    PC will not automatically go to sleep after upgrade

Hi all,

After upgrading to Windows 10, my PC will not go to sleep automatically nor will the displays turn off after the specified time (10 minutes). If I put it to sleep manually from the Start menu, it will go to sleep and usually stays that way until manually woken up. I had no issues with my PC going to sleep in Windows 7.

So far I've tried:
    • Unchecking "Allow this device to wake the computer" on my NIC
    • Disabling password required when the PC wakes up (saw it on another thread so figured I'd try it)
    • Updating all drivers (chipset, graphics, etc)
    • Updating my motherboard's BIOS
    • Disconnecting my keyboard and mouse
    • Checking powercfg /requests (its blank - everything is none)

Anyone run into this yet or have any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks!

Delco24, Aug 3, 2020
  4. PC won't go into sleep regularly and wake up in an hour after upgrade to OS Build 19041.388

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

PC won't go into sleep regularly and wake up in an hour after upgrade to OS Build 19041.388

1. PC won't go into sleep regularly and wake up in an hour after upgrade to OS Build 19041.388 - Similar Threads - won't sleep regularly

2. PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once: Hello, my PC won’t go to sleep after I wake it up from sleep once. Seems to have started after I updated my bios version. Tried flashing it back to stock, but haven’t had any luck.Specs:Windows 11 22h232gb Corsair ddr5 5200mhz ram, running at stockRyzen 7700xA few m.2 nvme...
  3. PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once: Hello, my PC won’t go to sleep after I wake it up from sleep once. Seems to have started after I updated my bios version. Tried flashing it back to stock, but haven’t had any luck.Specs:Windows 11 22h232gb Corsair ddr5 5200mhz ram, running at stockRyzen 7700xA few m.2 nvme...
  4. Windows 11 Crashes Regularly After Sleep / Won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Crashes Regularly After Sleep / Won't wake from sleep: I tried reinstalling Windows, updating all drivers, changing power plan settings. Is there a way to tell what's causing the crash? It's been happening since I got this computer. Asus ProArt STudioBook H7600HM11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHzThanks for your...
  5. Windows 11 Crashes Regularly After Sleep / Won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Crashes Regularly After Sleep / Won't wake from sleep: I tried reinstalling Windows, updating all drivers, changing power plan settings. Is there a way to tell what's causing the crash? It's been happening since I got this computer. Asus ProArt STudioBook H7600HM11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHzThanks for your...
  6. PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up: Hi, every time my PC goes into sleep, after I wake it up it doesn't accept any input from mouse or keyboard and therefore isn't usable as not being able to unlock it.If I turn of hybrid sleep, everything works perfectly fine, but I would like to have the advantage of resuming...
  7. Computer won't wake up after sleep

Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  8. PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode: So recently decided to join the 1440p gang, now rockin' a 3-monitor setup. Awesome stuff, except that I can't fully enjoy it as whenever I put my PC in power saving mode and try to wake it up, the power goes on and... nothing. No response from kb/m, nothing happens if I...
  9. My PC won't wake up after upgrading RAM

My PC won't wake up after upgrading RAM: I recently bought identical 2x4 GB Kingston 2666Mhz RAM. So together I have a 4x4 GB Ram. After installation, I have a problem with waking the computer from sleep mode. When I wake the computer, the fans and disk start up, but the monitor and keyboard do not respond / light....
  10. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...