Windows 10: pc won't go to sleep, and won't turn screen back on after time out

Discus and support pc won't go to sleep, and won't turn screen back on after time out in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; after re installing windows 10 I noticed that the laptop gets stuck whenever I try to make it sleep : the screen turns off but the power button doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maialgendy, Jul 8, 2019.

1. pc won't go to sleep, and won't turn screen back on after time out

after re installing windows 10 I noticed that the laptop gets stuck whenever I try to make it sleep : the screen turns off but the power button doesn't indicate that it's asleep like it used to ,and you can't wake it up

also if I leave the laptop till the screen time out the screen stays black (turned off) and I can't do anything about it but force shut down

the only method of turning the screen off that doesn't get it stuck is closing the lid

any ideas why ?

I set sleep and screen time out to never
    cause I've force shut it down multiple times today

:)

maialgendy, Jul 8, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Jul 8, 2019
  4. pc won't go to sleep, and won't turn screen back on after time out

my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

pc won't go to sleep, and won't turn screen back on after time out

1. pc won't go to sleep, and won't turn screen back on after time out - Similar Threads - won't sleep won't

2. Pc won't turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc won't turn on: Hi I will get straight to the point. Yesterday i updated my drivers with the "GeForce experience" program thing, after that i chose to restart my pc. (My Windows is not even a week old) so i clicked the restart option in the menu, after that Windows started to download an...
  3. Windows won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't go to sleep: I can't put Windows to sleep when it is plugged in. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-go-to-sleep/aea50df6-525b-4928-afe3-3dc364326fea
  4. After force shut down, PC won't turn back on

After force shut down, PC won't turn back on: I have windows 10 and my computer wasn't logging in (stuck at 'welcome' screen) so I force powered off my computer by holding the power button. I tried turning it back on, but it wouldn't. The lights weren't turning on, on my PC or my mouse and keyboard. The only thing that...
  5. Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep

Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep: I have been looking all over the internet for help to figure out why my computer won't turn off the screen after a given amount of time, and also why it won't go to sleep after the given amount of time, I have reinstalled windows, checked my USB devices, and to no prevail can...
  6. PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode: Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum in which to post this - apologies if I'm wrong. I have an Acer Revo One that is installed with Win 10 build 1803 that refuses to go into Sleep Mode. The display closes as specified, but the PC itself won't. Having...
  7. Monitor doesn't turn off on its own, and PC won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor doesn't turn off on its own, and PC won't go to sleep: I've got a windows 10 Desktop that I need help with. Ever since around a week ago, my screen does not turn off automatically, nor does it go to sleep when I leave it for a while (like overnight) It might be ever since the Creator's Update, but I can't say for sure....
  8. PC Won't Sleep

PC Won't Sleep: So I've and tried some more and I cannot seem to get my PC to Sleep. I was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate. It's a custom built rig for gaming and streaming movies. Not sure why, but I put it on sleep, I see the PC go down as if it's in sleep mode and then...
  9. Laptop won't go to sleep/hibernate; turns back on

Laptop won't go to sleep/hibernate; turns back on: So pretty much my title. This used to be a really common issue, then it stopped doing it on it's own. Last night it started back up. Now, I know with such machinery, nothing really happens "on it's own", but... I've made no changes to any settings, downloaded no...
  10. HDD won't go to sleep

HDD won't go to sleep: I have recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 and I am experiencing a weird problem. My HDD setup is as follows: Samsung EVO 250GB M2 SSD - OS and apps Crucial MX100 512GB SATA SSD - Games Seagate ST2000 2TB SATA HDD - Media After configuring Windows...