Windows 10: PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

Discus and support PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up. [img] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kobib, Oct 8, 2019.

1. kobib Win User

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up.

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button [​IMG]

I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums.
    • All the drivers updated
    • Turn of all wake timers and allow device to wake up the computer from mouse, keyboard, Realtek PCIe Controller, Wireless AC.
    • Turn "wake computer" from UpdateOrchestrator in Task Scheduler
    • Run all the troubleshooters from windows
    • Reinstalled Windows latest build
    • Tried on older Windows build

Has anyone can suggest anything else ?
    It drives me crazy , its suddenly happened and now a can't find any solution

:)

kobib, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

The power button on a PC is temporary push switch. It makes contact as long as you hold the button down. Quick press and release triggers a smart relay on the MB to turn on or off, depending on default or OS state, such as cold on, sleep on, turn off, sleep off, etc. Holding the button down for a long time is a default hardware power kill switch. If it's not working, suspect the MB. Reset the BIOS is a good suggestion, but prolly won't work.

Sasqui, Oct 8, 2019
  4. PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

1. PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button - Similar Threads - Won't sleep Fixed

2. Power button feature

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button feature: I did all the updates available recently for windows 10, however, whenever I try to choose what the power button does whenever I click on it, it doesn't have any effect on any of the options. I contacted the technical support of the manufacturer of my laptop and they advised...
  3. Power button feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button feature: I did all the updates available recently for windows 10, however, whenever I try to choose what the power button does whenever I click on it, it doesn't have any effect on any of the options. I contacted the technical support of the manufacturer of my laptop and they advised...
  4. Power button feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 won't go sleep after pushing down power button on the desktop changed the button...

Windows 10 won't go sleep after pushing down power button on the desktop changed the button...: What does it look like?It will shut down the monitor, but won't let the PC sleep, and if I click my mouse or keyboard, the machine will come back with the lock screen.My device:Desktop, MSI motherboard/AMD Ryzen 3700x/ AMD RX580 Graphic/ M2 SSDWindows 10 home editionHow did...
  6. Windows 10 won't go sleep after pushing down power button on the desktop changed the button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't go sleep after pushing down power button on the desktop changed the button...: What does it look like?It will shut down the monitor, but won't let the PC sleep, and if I click my mouse or keyboard, the machine will come back with the lock screen.My device:Desktop, MSI motherboard/AMD Ryzen 3700x/ AMD RX580 Graphic/ M2 SSDWindows 10 home editionHow did...
  7. Windows 10 won't go sleep after pushing down power button on the desktop changed the button...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC won't go to sleep

PC won't go to sleep: so my pc won't go to sleep, every time i try a few seconds later it would turn it self on. At first i though if might be my speakers so i unplugged them but after a 10-20 mins it would still turn it self on and i don't know what to do...
  9. Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode

Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode: In control panel, everything is set to sleep. The power button, sleep button or when I close the laptop, it is set to "sleep". Everything works fine but the power button. Fn + F4 buttons is set as the "sleep button" and it works every time I do it, also closing the laptop...
  10. PC power button won't turn on

PC power button won't turn on: So, I am having this problem for a while. I have a computer that is 7 years old, although old I am still able to do work with it perfectly until there's a problem. I shut down my computer when I'm not using, but when I try to turn it on by pressing the power button sometimes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fixed feature power button wakes pc from sleep

2. fixed feature power button