Windows 10: PC Won't go to sleep - latest windows 10 build

Discus and support PC Won't go to sleep - latest windows 10 build in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Over the last few weeks, I have noticed my PC not entering sleep mode. I have not done a tonne of updates on anything so I haven't been able to pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zach1928, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Zach1928 Win User

PC Won't go to sleep - latest windows 10 build

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed my PC not entering sleep mode. I have not done a tonne of updates on anything so I haven't been able to pin point a specific piece of software that could be messing it up.

I've run Code: Powercfg /requests[/quote] which comes up with nothing and Code: Powercfg /lastwake[/quote] which only shows me hitting the power button now. I ran a system report with that command and the only red item to come up was the Realtek audio drivers, which I just now updated to no avail (these also haven't been updated in months so not sure how they would've broken something).

System is:
    Ryzen 5 1400
    RX 570
    8Gb ram
    Windows 10 (latest update)

:)

Zach1928, Mar 2, 2019

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Ike-hall Win User
    Build 10586 Problems sleep mode stopped working for both the pc

The build that appears to have created the problem is build 10586, for Windows 10. Before this build was downloaded by Microsoft the previous build worked just fine. The pc and the monitor would both sleep when left unattended for the desired time limit.
    I have worked with Microsoft web support and after 2 hours they said they had no idea, I might try to restore to the previous build level. They also repeated the task you have suggested, no success.
    I have this on the Microsoft site and Dell support site.
    I have tried what you suggested, several times, made sure the pc is set to allow sleep, the display and pc sleep time are all set to the same time limit.
    All drivers have been checked for possible updates, everything is up to date.
    The 3 hot fixes listed for this Windows 10 have been installed.
    No new hardware or software has been added since well before the latest build.
    The pc that is experiencing this issue is 3 months old, and has been verified by Dell to be Windows compatible and all hardware is working correctly.

Thanks for the suggestions Sachin

Ike-hall, Mar 2, 2019
  4. PC Won't go to sleep - latest windows 10 build

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

PC Won't go to sleep - latest windows 10 build

1. PC Won't go to sleep - latest windows 10 build - Similar Threads - Won't sleep latest

2. Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically: My windows 10 desktop pc won't go to sleep automatically. I've changed the power settings to put my screen and pc to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity but only my monitor goes to sleep. If i do it by the power button it goes to sleep immediately. There's no apps running as...
  3. Windows Update won't let PC go to sleep

Windows Update won't let PC go to sleep: Hi, apperently there is a major issue going on for some time now. Everytime there is a Windows update waiting, my PC decides not to go to sleep anymore. Particularly the process "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe" has a problem with sleeping. Since i saw this issue being reported by...
  4. Won't go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't go to sleep?: Recently I've been noticing my PC won't sleep after 1 hour while I am afk? I have the settings on for 1 hour inactive to then go asleep till I return but It's been going off and on like this for a bit now. I was away for 2 hours, and see my PC still on? Is it just windows...
  5. Desktop PC Won't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop PC Won't Go To Sleep: Hi guys, I am having an issue where for some reason when I put my desktop to sleep, the monitor turns off but the all fans and RGB lighting still runs. I have looked up possible issues for a PC not going to sleep for various reasons and changed a few settings in the...
  6. PC won't go to sleep

PC won't go to sleep: so my pc won't go to sleep, every time i try a few seconds later it would turn it self on. At first i though if might be my speakers so i unplugged them but after a 10-20 mins it would still turn it self on and i don't know what to do...
  7. Windows 10 still won't go to sleep

Windows 10 still won't go to sleep: Hi, This is a follow up to the older post I previously made if you'd like to read it: https://bit.ly/2HAEcKI Anyways, I set the computer go to sleep after 1 minute and it doesn't work. Even when I lock the computer, I usually see the splash screen and it's supposed to go...
  8. computer won't go to sleep Windows 10

computer won't go to sleep Windows 10: Computer goes to sleep and then starts right back up. Won't stay asleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-go-to-sleep-windows-10/16671af2-df00-4d35-a76a-f4c86b289204
  9. Windows won't go to sleep

Windows won't go to sleep: I can't put Windows to sleep when it is plugged in. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-go-to-sleep/aea50df6-525b-4928-afe3-3dc364326fea
  10. PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode: Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum in which to post this - apologies if I'm wrong. I have an Acer Revo One that is installed with Win 10 build 1803 that refuses to go into Sleep Mode. The display closes as specified, but the PC itself won't. Having...