Windows 10: PC won't hibernate after Win10 FCU 1709 clean install

Discus and support PC won't hibernate after Win10 FCU 1709 clean install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I had installed my new i9-7980/Asus Rampage VI platform on Win 10 1703 and had no issues. When I did a clean install of Win10 1709, I can't get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dirray, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Dirray Win User

PC won't hibernate after Win10 FCU 1709 clean install

Hi,

I had installed my new i9-7980/Asus Rampage VI platform on Win 10 1703 and had no issues. When I did a clean install of Win10 1709, I can't get the PC to go in hibernate mode anymore. The PC "tries" (the screen goes black), but after a few seconds it just comes up again as if I didn't ask it to hibernate. When looking into the logbooks, nothing is mentioned with this respect.
    Fast boot setting is disabled (aotherwise I also had problems to get the PC doing a shutdown).

Can somebody help? Thx.

Kr,
    Diray

:)

Dirray, Feb 3, 2018

2. Microsoft digital image suite anniversary edition

Hi everyone!

I have managed to install Picture it! 7 / 9 / 10 and Digital Image Suite 2006 on the latest incarnation of Windows 10 FCU 1709 without a hitch!

Guide to install Microsoft Picture It! on Windows 10

It installs on 64bit and 32bit Windows.

On a clean install of Windows 10 FCU 1709 the Library part doesn't start, but I have addressed and resolved also this!

Gianni1962, Feb 3, 2018
  3. Auto swich mode tablet not working after fall creator update 1709, asus transformer 3 pro

Very good. I think you best bet at this point would be sticking with Win10 1703 until Fall Creators Update (FCU) is offered via Windows Update again.

One assumes the Windows Update detection engine has now determined that the computer isn't fully-compatible with Win10 1709 yet. Chances are one or more "performance" updates for Win10 1703 will need to be offered & installed before FCU is offered again. Don't
    worry, you've got 18 months (or more) before you'll need to be running Win10 1709.

================================================

Marking one or more of my replies as ANSWER at any point will officially close (end) your thread, whether your problems have been resolved or not. HELPFUL votes very much appreciated at anytime. Thank you.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Feb 3, 2018
  4. PC won't hibernate after Win10 FCU 1709 clean install

A hardware device like USB flash drives and USB mice can actually keep your computer awake! The recommended solution would be to first see whether you are using the latest available drivers for your devices, install the latest drivers from device manufacturer website. You may also need to update your drivers for your graphic card.

Use the built-in Power Troubleshooter and see if it is able to resolve the issue.

FreeBooter, Feb 3, 2018
  5. Dirray Win User
    Thanks for your suggestions, but none of them work. Troubleshooter doesn't give any issues. It worked perfectly with Win-1703.

Dirray, Feb 3, 2018
  6. me75006 Win User
    I've experienced that when use of ( Windows video driver versus Manufacturers video driver ).
    Might investigate that route.

me75006, Feb 3, 2018
  7. Dirray Win User
    Nope; I'm using the latest Nvidia driver 390.65, which I also used with Win-1703

Dirray, Feb 3, 2018
  8. PC won't hibernate after Win10 FCU 1709 clean install

Have you installed latest device drivers for your computer if you have try previous version of graphic card driver.

Lets turn off and turn back on hibernation maybe it will help.

Please open the Command Prompt by typing cmd.exe into Start Screen or Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

From Command Prompt execute below commands:

Code: powercfg /h off powercfg /h on[/quote] Check to see issue resolved.

FreeBooter, Feb 3, 2018
  9. Dirray Win User
    Just did that, doesn't help

Dirray, Feb 3, 2018
  10. From Command Prompt execute below command.

Code: powercfg /lastwake[/quote]
    To identify the event or device that is responsible for the last waking process. Once the results are shown, check the “Instance Path:” to see where it originated from (the USB or PCI port for instance) and look under “Type:” for the nature of the cause, typically a device or a wake timer.

FreeBooter, Feb 3, 2018
  11. Disabling the wake-up function of one device is usually enough to prevent accidental boot-ups in the future. If you'd like to make absolutely sure that your PC stays put however, you might also want to have a look at all other devices that can potentially wake him up. To get an overview, enter

Code: powercfg /devicequery wake_armed[/quote]

FreeBooter, Feb 3, 2018
  12. Dirray Win User
    Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V. I've turned everything off now in Device Manager for my LANcard, but still the same ...

Dirray, Feb 3, 2018
  13. Dirray Win User

Now Devicequery = None

Dirray, Feb 3, 2018
  14. Winuser Win User
    Try using older drivers to see if it fixes your problem. You can always go back to the newest driver if that doesn't work. I would also suggest if possible to make a system backup to a external drive before making any changes.

Winuser, Feb 3, 2018
  15. View Event ID 1 and 42 for Wake and Sleep

"They are Event 1 and Event 42 (wake and sleep, respectively).

Type Even Viewer into Start Menu and press Enter key.

Expand "Windows Logs" then click on the 'System' event log.

Right-click, and then choose "Filter Current Log".
    Input the event id 1 and 42 number into input box above the "Task category" input box.
    In the "Event sources" window, click the drop-down and put a check-mark beside "Power-Troubleshooter" and "Kernel-Power" and then click "OK.
    You will see listing of wake & sleep events and look at the the "General" tab at the very bottom for each Event ID 1 for wake events the wake source will be shown it will be display at the "Wake Source: " entry.

FreeBooter, Feb 3, 2018
Thema:

1. PC won't hibernate after Win10 FCU 1709 clean install - Similar Threads - won't hibernate Win10

2. PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation: I reinstalled windows 10 20H2 in my windows 8.1 with bing lenovo laptop. After reinstalling windows 10, the pc restarts but stuck in black screen, black with backlight only, not even showing lenovo logo. But when I forced restart through power button, the pc boot without...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after Win10 clean install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after Win10 clean install: So, recently, I’ve had problems with Windows 10. It began right after the setup finished. When I close the lid, and it goes to sleep, I would get a flickering screen with the lockscreen before just turning solid white, and a solid white screen with my cursor. After...
  4. PC won't hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't hibernate: Greetings everyone, Early this month I made some changes to my PC and now it won't hibernate anymore. I installed a new video card, moved the boot partition from one of my hard drives (which had Linux on it, by now obsolete to me) onto the SSD that Win10 is on, and replaced...
  5. Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU?

Is it possible to manually install desired updates in Win 10-1709 FCU?: Hello everyone. So i decided to downgrade my windows 10 latest update to fall creators update 1709 by reinstalling it. The reason is that after many updates i observed my CPU and RAM are throttled to work slower possible by so known Meltdown and Spectre "vulnerabilities''...
  6. When's The Next Cumulative Update Out? (FCU-1709)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When's The Next Cumulative Update Out? (FCU-1709): As the title says. Just curious. Are they released monthly? Currently on FCU latest build 16299.19 96911
  7. FCU 1709 deletes/removes all pinned start icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FCU 1709 deletes/removes all pinned start icons: Windows updates started, downloaded and installed FCU 1709. Installed ok but on clicking start, none of the pinned programs are there or in the A-Z list. Have they been deleted? Or still there, so need to create a shortcut to them, how to get icons back? How to get...
  8. NO SOUND after Windows 10 1709 FCU update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO SOUND after Windows 10 1709 FCU update: The troubleshooter suggest I download the Microsoft HD Audio driver, but I have not been successful. Currently I have realtek speakers, so I attempted to look for updated drivers again unsuccessful. 99052
  9. FCU 1709 issue coming up

FCU 1709 issue coming up: I have noticed that programs that use Runtime 1.0 and 2.0 and 3.0 and maybe 4.5 will not run on the new OS I'm getting request to install runtime 4.5 because it contains 1,2,3, however windows report it can not install 4.5 because its part of the OS already. For those of us...
  10. reset pc vs clean install win10

reset pc vs clean install win10: The reason I'm asking is because clicking the update and security in the windows settings brings up a page with different options where there is one for recovery. Clicking that recovery option opens another page with 3 options on the right - reset this pc; advanced start-up;...