Windows 10: PC wont let me factory reset/format drive, but cant turn it on

Discus and support PC wont let me factory reset/format drive, but cant turn it on in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Something has gone terribly wrong with my PC (win 10). It wont boot up properly, every time I try to it take me to the blue screen with various options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jd133760, Jan 5, 2019.

1. jd133760 Win User

PC wont let me factory reset/format drive, but cant turn it on

Something has gone terribly wrong with my PC (win 10). It wont boot up properly, every time I try to it take me to the blue screen with various options to troubleshoot the issue. Not sure if its a virus or the OS data got corrupted somehow, but no option will work. If I try to reset the hard-drive, it says an error occurred could not reset PC. If I try to factory reset, it will start the process and show a percentage meter but the system will freeze when it gets to 45% compete... EVERY time, Ive tried it 5 times now and always freezes the computer at 45. If I try the diagnose windows startup option, Ill get an error message and it wont actually do anything either.

This has rendered the PC completely useless, any help would be appreciated.

:)

jd133760, Jan 5, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 5, 2019
  3. PC shut down, wont turn back on

The fan twitch is it powering up and then the psu is noteing a short and cutting out hence why it wont do it again straight after until it's reset, something is blown or shorted out so you need to do as someone suggested and split the pc out then, on a table build the minimum up as he said and step by step see what's happening.

theoneandonlymrk, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. PC wont let me factory reset/format drive, but cant turn it on - Similar Threads - wont let factory

2. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  3. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  4. Automatic repair failure and it wont let me reset pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic repair failure and it wont let me reset pc: My computer started lagging today and when I turned it of it started running automatic repair. However this failed and when I try to reset the pc that fails too. I have been trying to fix this for a few hours now and have yet to find a fix. Does anyone know any possible...
  5. Cant Factory Reset PC

Cant Factory Reset PC: whenever i try to factory reset my PC it gets to 35% then stops giving me a blue menu with a bunch of options i press continue, I then sign back into my account then a blue square pops up saying that no changes were made. Please help if possible my pc runs so slow and i just...
  6. Windows won't let me factory reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't let me factory reset my pc: Hello! I have a big problem so two days ago I wanted to factory reset my pc but then suddenly this error happened. It showed me ,,could not found the recovery enviroment". I searched on google and I found something based on reagentc that I should enable it but when I want to...
  7. My pc wont factory reset

My pc wont factory reset: whenever my pc gets done completing the factory reset it takes me to the blue screen with options and when i contiune to windows and start it a message appears and says your pc wasnt reset nothing was changed or something like that...
  8. it wont let me reset my pc

it wont let me reset my pc: im kinda new to this pc thing but recently i got a virus when i installed this app and now people are telling me to reset my computer but now its saying insert your windows installation or recovery media....
  9. i wont let me reset my pc

i wont let me reset my pc: im kinda new to this pc thing but recently i got a virus when i installed this app and now people are telling me to reset my computer but now its saying insert your windows installation or recovery media....
  10. Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.: Hello, My computer had a lot of junk on it and it was clogging up hard drive space. This made me decide to reset it as if it was new again.this has all gone fine until the last part. Its all done and when its about to go into the home screen to log me in for the first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont let me reset to factory settings how can i format the hard drive

2. pc wont let me format

3. pc wont let me factory rest

4. reset laptop from factory settings and now wont turn on,
  5. hp computer wont let me factory reset its says no spacw