Windows 10: Pc wont load flash drive instead error code 0xc000021c

Discus and support Pc wont load flash drive instead error code 0xc000021c in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, Im having this problem where im unable to do any thing from bios. Just build this pc newly and bios seem to work fine no problem at all but as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kamieljansen, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Pc wont load flash drive instead error code 0xc000021c

Hey,

Im having this problem where im unable to do any thing from bios. Just build this pc newly and bios seem to work fine no problem at all but as soon as i put in a usb drive with MCT and restart it loads for a second and that crashes saying "pc crashed have to restart 'error code 0xc000021c'" and it either turns of or restarts and loops. And i have tried so many things and im all out of ideas..

System specs

Motherboard - Asus Prime Z390-A

Cpu - intel I7 8700k

Ram - 1x16 GB DDR 4 3333mhz

Psu - corsair 650 W

:)

kamieljansen, Oct 1, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 1, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Pc wont load flash drive instead error code 0xc000021c

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Pc wont load flash drive instead error code 0xc000021c

1. Pc wont load flash drive instead error code 0xc000021c - Similar Threads - wont load flash

2. Error Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Flash Drive: Hi! I currently have a problem on my flash drive. I tried to extend my flash drive to a windows local drive. Then I stupidly clicked Shrink drive on a 2 Terabyte flash drive. It shows an error and half the storage of my drive is gone! It doesn't even display the storage that...
  3. Error Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Flash Drive: Hi! I currently have a problem on my flash drive. I tried to extend my flash drive to a windows local drive. Then I stupidly clicked Shrink drive on a 2 Terabyte flash drive. It shows an error and half the storage of my drive is gone! It doesn't even display the storage that...
  4. USB flash drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive error: Hello, I have a question about a USB flash drive. It reads fine on other computers, but throws an error on my own laptop. Maybe it's a socket problem or is there some other problem? Is it possible to somehow find the problem yourself or is it better to contact the masters?...
  5. USB flash drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB flash drive error: Hello, I have a question about a USB flash drive. It reads fine on other computers, but throws an error on my own laptop. Maybe it's a socket problem or is there some other problem? Is it possible to somehow find the problem yourself or is it better to contact the masters?...
  6. My pc wont load anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc wont load anything: Firstly, it takes three minutes for my pc to boot up. And once in finally in, it takes 5 minutes for me to load applications, even something as simple as Google. I've checked for viruses, gotten rid of all cookies, cleaned out junk files, and done just about everything I can...
  7. Flash drive "code file missing"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash drive "code file missing": I tried to run a fix on my hard drive through ChipGenius because files wouldnt show up in it and I couldn't access it, and it says that I am missing the code file of the Flash Drive. I tried to google a fix for this but nothing popped up, any help?...
  8. flash drive no disk error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flash drive no disk error: I used your installation tool for installing windows 10. I used the option to create a flash drive media. result "an unexpected error ocured" when I try to access my flash drive I get the message "no disk in drive" I want my 2 terabyte flash drive be fixed, It was working...
  9. Flash drive wont pop up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash drive wont pop up: My daughter's flash drive isn't acting right! It wont pop up so she can access all that is on there. It makes noise when we plug it in. Please tell me there is something that can be done....
  10. PC photos to Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC photos to Flash Drive: How do I copy and paste photo from my PC to a USB Flash Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-photos-to-flash-drive/89aee16a-7e65-4225-9a6b-2367c04b33f4"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc000021c