Windows 10: PC won't load into Windows 10

Discus and support PC won't load into Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday, My computer randomly shut off while I was using it. It rebooted and said there was a problem, then followed with "reboot and select proper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Çlaumé_, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Çlaumé_ Win User

PC won't load into Windows 10

Yesterday, My computer randomly shut off while I was using it. It rebooted and said there was a problem, then followed with "reboot and select proper boot device..." I tried every boot device in bios none of them worked, and finally loaded into windows repair. I tried all of the options, such as startup repair, uninstall updates, system restore, and system image recovery, and they all either showed and error or didn't work. I went on lots of forums to find command prompts to possibly help, such as diskpart, chkdsk, sfc, dism, and more. they would either not be successful or be invalid.

I have one of those Windows 10 USB sticks, which when I tried to boot in through bios, would just get stuck on the windows loading screen forever. I gave up for the night.

Today, instead of seeing the reboot and select proper boot device..., I saw "missing operating system" when I tried to load in. I have tried everything I could find online, and spent countless hours with no sign of any progress. I decided to try to factory reset, but couldn't find the button in troubleshoot. The "systemreset" command didn't work in the command prompt either.

My SSD and hard drive both were securely connected, so I don't think it is any physical hardware problem, the only thing I could think is maybe the SSD which is where the windows 10 were originally on got corrupted somehow, but that is only an assumption. I don't know what else to do, I feel like I have tried everything possible, and can't even force reset the PC or use an external USB stick to load in. I am asking for anything at all that could save this, I don't even really care about my files anymore, I just want to be able to use my computer again. Any tips at all would be very helpful.

If you have any questions that may help please ask.

:)

Çlaumé_, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 7, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. PC won't load into Windows 10 - Similar Threads - won't load

2. April 14th 2024 Bomb Defusal Challenge won't load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    April 14th 2024 Bomb Defusal Challenge won't load.: I have repeatedly reset and reinstalled the desktop app and I am running windows 10. Nothing has helped for days now...any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/april-14th-2024-bomb-defusal-challenge-wont-load/89b2ec49-d283-47b2-8076-76e1506ed1d0
  3. April 14th 2024 Bomb Defusal Challenge won't load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    April 14th 2024 Bomb Defusal Challenge won't load.: I have repeatedly reset and reinstalled the desktop app and I am running windows 10. Nothing has helped for days now...any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/april-14th-2024-bomb-defusal-challenge-wont-load/89b2ec49-d283-47b2-8076-76e1506ed1d0
  4. Windows 10 Web pages won't load randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Web pages won't load randomly: I have a Dell laptop running on Windows 10. Out of the blue websites will suddenly not load on any browser even though I'm connected to the internet. Everything else internet related will load. I can do a speed test and even download apps from the Microsoft store. I did a...
  5. I just formatted my laptop but the wifi driver won't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just formatted my laptop but the wifi driver won't load: Actually I will tell everything,I just fresh boot my laptop to make it run faster ,by using a usb ,then everything was ok and when windows 11 loaded it went to the page where it ask to connect wifi to continue but I discovered that no wifi of nearby was showing in list to...
  6. I just formatted my laptop but the wifi driver won't load

I just formatted my laptop but the wifi driver won't load: Actually I will tell everything,I just fresh boot my laptop to make it run faster ,by using a usb ,then everything was ok and when windows 11 loaded it went to the page where it ask to connect wifi to continue but I discovered that no wifi of nearby was showing in list to...
  7. Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change: I'm encountering an issue I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper to a custom picture, it fails to load. The preview remains stuck and the change is not saved. If a select a previously used image, it changes, by I cannot add a new oneIt just kept loading and loading whole...
  8. Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change

Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change: I'm encountering an issue I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper to a custom picture, it fails to load. The preview remains stuck and the change is not saved. If a select a previously used image, it changes, by I cannot add a new oneIt just kept loading and loading whole...
  9. Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.: I have a user that his Downloads folder will load forever, and the CPU usage goes to 100% when he tries opening it up from quick access. If I go through C -> Users -> his user and then Downloads, it opens just fine.What I tried so far: - I removed it from quick access and...
  10. Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.

Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.: I have a user that his Downloads folder will load forever, and the CPU usage goes to 100% when he tries opening it up from quick access. If I go through C -> Users -> his user and then Downloads, it opens just fine.What I tried so far: - I removed it from quick access and...