Windows 10: Pc won't load safe mode and has an account named "other user"

Discus and support Pc won't load safe mode and has an account named "other user" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm having trouble accessing my pc beyond the login screen. I recently did a factory reset and now the only account that shows up is "other user". I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aeroe23, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Aeroe23 Win User

Pc won't load safe mode and has an account named "other user"

I'm having trouble accessing my pc beyond the login screen. I recently did a factory reset and now the only account that shows up is "other user". I tried to boot in safe mode but the monitor goes to "no signal" when it does as with command prompt, anything that would have it reboot. I don't know how to get past this and I tried to google it but it seems the only option is safe mode which I can't get to.

:)

Aeroe23, Jun 19, 2019

2. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Pc won't load safe mode and has an account named "other user"

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Pc won't load safe mode and has an account named "other user"

1. Pc won't load safe mode and has an account named "other user" - Similar Threads - won't load safe

2. Computer has black screen and won't load, can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has black screen and won't load, can't boot into safe mode.: The computer boots into a black screen with a loading circle that loads infinitely, tried to go into advanced boot options to try and boot it in safe mode, and black screened the first two times, and went back into the black loading screen the last time. I have already tried...
  3. Computer has black screen and won't load, can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer has black screen and won't load, can't boot into safe mode.: The computer boots into a black screen with a loading circle that loads infinitely, tried to go into advanced boot options to try and boot it in safe mode, and black screened the first two times, and went back into the black loading screen the last time. I have already tried...
  4. Computer has black screen and won't load, can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  6. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  7. Create user account in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Create user account in safe mode: Hello, I was trying to link my user account with Microsoft and it messed up everything. when I sign in it asks: Search for app in store? You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to...
  8. Windows 10 Safe Mode Starts with Other User account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Safe Mode Starts with Other User account: Hi, I have the popular only log-in with Other User option on the start-up screen. I have been trying to start the computer on Safe Mode, using the Shift + Restart menu. However, after clicking on Restart after Start-up Options, I still see the Other User log-in screen....
  9. PC won't restart into safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC won't restart into safe mode: I've just tried booting my PC into safe mode via the following method: - Hold Shift whilst selecting power button in menu, then restart - Wait for menu, select Troubleshoot - Select advanced options > start up settings - Click restart However my PC does not restart, it...
  10. Unknown Other User account named guardian

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown Other User account named guardian: Every so often I'll go into my windows 10 settings and go to Accounts and I'll find an account named guardian under Other Users. I haven't set this account up and I don't know what it is. The weird thing is I delete the account and remove the data, but the account shows up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. safe mode other user