Windows 10: PC won't lock after going to sleep

Discus and support PC won't lock after going to sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is a problem for me, because I want to be sure that if I accidentally forget to lock it manually, it will lock on it's own and not be open for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jusernejm98, May 31, 2020.

1. PC won't lock after going to sleep

This is a problem for me, because I want to be sure that if I accidentally forget to lock it manually, it will lock on it's own and not be open for everybody.

I have set the sleep mode to be 10 minutes of inactivity.

I have also been to the Sign-in settings and set the require sign-in option to "When PC wakes up from sleep"

I waited 10 minutes and indeed, the screen went black. I clicked on a keyboard button and it went straight to the desktop. I then waited twice the time, 20 minutes, and it still went to the desktop, without asking for the password.

submitted by /u/Jusernejm98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jusernejm98, May 31, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, May 31, 2020
  3. antzshrek Win User
    Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, May 31, 2020
  4. AFTommy Win User

PC won't lock after going to sleep

Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

PC won't lock after going to sleep [​IMG]

AFTommy, May 31, 2020
Thema:

PC won't lock after going to sleep

1. PC won't lock after going to sleep - Similar Threads - won't lock going

2. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  3. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  4. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  5. Won't go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't go to sleep?: Recently I've been noticing my PC won't sleep after 1 hour while I am afk? I have the settings on for 1 hour inactive to then go asleep till I return but It's been going off and on like this for a bit now. I was away for 2 hours, and see my PC still on? Is it just windows...
  6. PC won't fully go to sleep issue

PC won't fully go to sleep issue: So I'm having a weird issue lately where my PC won't fully go to sleep whenever I manually put it in sleep mode. What I mean by this is it that it basically gets itself stuck in the black screen state right before actually sleeping. The process of events is as follows: I...
  7. Desktop PC Won't Go To Sleep

Desktop PC Won't Go To Sleep: Hi guys, I am having an issue where for some reason when I put my desktop to sleep, the monitor turns off but the all fans and RGB lighting still runs. I have looked up possible issues for a PC not going to sleep for various reasons and changed a few settings in the...
  8. PC won't go to sleep

PC won't go to sleep: so my pc won't go to sleep, every time i try a few seconds later it would turn it self on. At first i though if might be my speakers so i unplugged them but after a 10-20 mins it would still turn it self on and i don't know what to do...
  9. PC won't turn off or go to sleep

PC won't turn off or go to sleep: So couple days ago I got this problem where my PC won't turn off or go to sleep, when I click it just says "Shuting Down" and suddenly "Welcome". I tried Disk Checkup and all but I couldn't fix this issue. And I have the newest update installed....
  10. PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode: Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum in which to post this - apologies if I'm wrong. I have an Acer Revo One that is installed with Win 10 build 1803 that refuses to go into Sleep Mode. The display closes as specified, but the PC itself won't. Having...