Windows 10: PC won't log off when shut down

Discus and support PC won't log off when shut down in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have multiple PC's in my house, and the only one that has this problem is a family PC that my children use that has an administrator account. No... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JFanch, Oct 24, 2018.

1. JFanch Win User

PC won't log off when shut down

I have multiple PC's in my house, and the only one that has this problem is a family PC that my children use that has an administrator account. No matter what I do with settings per user, when I turn the PC on it automatically logs into my administrator account. This is a serious problem with this PC because I don't want my children to be able to access my administrator account.

I've searched extensively on this topic, and I've found two answers littering the interwebs. One is to turn off Fast Boot, and the other is to toggle off the option to remain logged in in the Sign In options at the bottom. The part I'm confused about is...on all my other PC's, it ALWAYS forces a password or PIN for login.

I'm totally at a loss at this point. I've turned off Fast Boot on all profiles, turned off the Sign-In option regarding retaining login in the Sign-In options menu. I cannot find any other option that would force the PC to log off on shut down. This is extremely frustrating. Why on gods earth with a PC with two "Child" accounts automatically log into the Administrator account on power up? That's the complete OPPOSITE of keeping a childs PC secure. Please help!!!

:)

JFanch, Oct 24, 2018

2. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Oct 24, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. PC won't log off when shut down

oldman1234, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

PC won't log off when shut down

1. PC won't log off when shut down - Similar Threads - won't log off

2. PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down": My PC suddenly stopped turning off after I click on "Shut Down" on the Windows menu. Apps close, the screen goes dark, but my PC keeps running - for hours. The only way I can do a full power off is by depressing the power button for 5 - 10 seconds. Interstingly, the PC will...
  3. PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down": My PC suddenly stopped turning off after I click on "Shut Down" on the Windows menu. Apps close, the screen goes dark, but my PC keeps running - for hours. The only way I can do a full power off is by depressing the power button for 5 - 10 seconds. Interstingly, the PC will...
  4. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  5. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  6. Pc won't shut down (solved)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc won't shut down (solved): My father's pc had this problem that it wouldn't turn off after pressing shut down, it took like 10 minutes to turn off. Today finally i solved the problem. First i performed a clean installation but it still had the problem, so after browsing and trying different metods that...
  7. PC won't shut down or restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't shut down or restart.: Hi all, this is fairly simple to explain, so I'm gonna have 2 categories. 1: The Shutdown Basically, whenever I press on shutdown, or shutdown from my PC button, my Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard lose power, however my PC is still on. 2: The Restart This one is the easiest to...
  8. PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't shut down: Installed Windows 10 on a Lenovo M81 and when clicking on shutdown from the Start menu the screen shuts off but the machine keeps running, I have to manually power off by holding down the button. The OS is on a SSD and I just updated the BIOS. Any suggestions? submitted by...
  9. PC shuts down seconds after logging in

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down seconds after logging in: It just started happening about 35 minutes prior to posting this. I was burning a dvd and the pc attempted to shut down, but I kept mashing the escape key until the dvd finished burning. I then let it shut down. But upon reboot and login, cmd starts and then pc shuts down...
  10. My PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC won't shut down: When i try to shutdown my pc from windows button the shutting down screen comes but a few seconds later the error screen pops up(the one that has sad face). It gathers some information about the error automatically and then restarts itself. I have to force shut from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dows 10 1903 force log off when shutdown

2. win 10 1809 shut down cannot log off