Windows 10: PC won't recognise external USB HDD

Discus and support PC won't recognise external USB HDD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a windows 10 PC which failed to boot from an SSD CPU or MB issue . 2 HDDs were installed but used only for data. Now I replaced it with an Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BoboRR52, Aug 23, 2022.

1. BoboRR52 Win User

PC won't recognise external USB HDD

I had a windows 10 PC which failed to boot from an SSD CPU or MB issue . 2 HDDs were installed but used only for data. Now I replaced it with an Acer TC-1660 with Windows 11. I'm trying to transfer the data from the old HDD to the new PC. I attach the HDD Seagate ST 1000DM003 to USB 3 using a USB3 to SATA adaptor with external power supply. I can hear the disks spinning and the light is on so I assume power is OK. It seems to work and shows up in Device Manager "working properly" and System Information>Components>Storage>Disks and also Control Panel>Devices. But it does not s

:)

BoboRR52, Aug 23, 2022
  2. xtalgrwr Win User

External HDD/USB.

Hello.

I have an external HDD docking station connected to my PC thru USB.

Devine manager sees it. But Windows explorer does not.

Suggestions?

xtalgrwr, Aug 23, 2022
  3. usb external HDD fat32 support ?

i have updated to WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY .. it made my PC and LAPTOP to stop recognising FAT32 EXTERNAL usb HDD 2TB. i had to revert back to older version of windows 10 in order to access the external-HDD

can you confirm that windows 10 latest update support FAT32 external usb drives?

khalidjamil, Aug 23, 2022
  4. MikaeelM Win User

Windows10 unable to recognise external (USB) HDD (WD My Book 4TB)

Windows10 unable to recognise external (USB) HDD (WD My Book 4TB) - however, I'm able to see all files from a Linux machine i have on same HDD... I dont want to lose my content on the external HDD by reformatting etc. Please help.

MikaeelM, Aug 23, 2022
Thema:

1. PC won't recognise external USB HDD - Similar Threads - won't recognise external

2. External USB DVD drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB DVD drive not recognised: I have a Lenovo ideapad 3 Slim 3 15" running Windows 11 with all uppdates and I have just purchased a external USB DVD drive so I can load my Flight Simulator. However, the DVD is not recognised anywhere. How do I get the DVD drive to work?...
  3. external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...: Can you help...?===1Have Problem: RAW & 0 bytes --- external HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFSThis external USB HDD was in a PC, but when I have it plugin for the first time on other PCs has appeared as: RAW & 0 bytes===2afterapplied from cmd prompt as admin:chkdsk /f...
  4. external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...: Can you help...?===1Have Problem: RAW & 0 bytes --- external HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFSThis external USB HDD was in a PC, but when I have it plugin for the first time on other PCs has appeared as: RAW & 0 bytes===2afterapplied from cmd prompt as admin:chkdsk /f...
  5. external USB HDD with power cord / 6TB / GUID / NTFS - This external USB HDD was in a PC...

6. PC won't recognise external USB HDD

PC won't recognise external USB HDD: I had a windows 10 PC which failed to boot from an SSD CPU or MB issue . 2 HDDs were installed but used only for data. Now I replaced it with an Acer TC-1660 with Windows 11. I'm trying to transfer the data from the old HDD to the new PC. I attach the HDD Seagate ST 1000DM003...
  7. External HDD/USB.

External HDD/USB.: Hello. I have an external HDD docking station connected to my PC thru USB. Devine manager sees it. But Windows explorer does not. Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hddusb/b0404c2e-056a-4c66-b461-1e5113dc9275
  8. External Drive won't be Recognised

External Drive won't be Recognised: My external drive is not being recognised in File Explorer and in Disk Management. The disk gets power from the computer and in the Device Manager the disk can be seen connected....
  9. Front usb wont recognise hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front usb wont recognise hdd: Hi All, My front usb ports 2.0 are doing something odd, one doesnt work or recognise anything while the other will detect my xb1 controller and network adapter but wont detect hard drives. i can plug those hdd's in the back ports and everything is detected. as soon as i try...
  10. Windows 10 File History won't recognise USB HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 File History won't recognise USB HDD: As usual the "Half a Job is good enough" Loonies at Microsoft have done it again. Their "So Called" Backup using File history does not recognize a HDD connected to your PC by USB. So this "so Called" Life Saving Application is actually as useless as an ashtray on a...