Windows 10: PC won’t respond to anything I do

Discus and support PC won’t respond to anything I do in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday, I accidentally left my PC on sleep mode all night and when I woke up, I noticed it so I turned it off because I won’t use it yet. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rod Paulo Duran, Aug 9, 2020.

1. PC won’t respond to anything I do

Yesterday, I accidentally left my PC on sleep mode all night and when I woke up, I noticed it so I turned it off because I won’t use it yet. After a few hours, I turned on my PC and after I signed in, I couldn’t do anything; I can’t open task manager, I cant open my files, I cant open the windows icon, all the icons in the desktop including the ones pinned in the taskbar disappeared. When I try to move my cursor to the taskbar, it does the loading thing so I can’t press the windows icon and when i press it on the keyboard, it doesn’t do anything. I tried to go to the task manager by shortcut but the cursor just turns into the loading thing and it disappears after a few seconds. When I try to click anything with my mouse, the desktop just refreshes. I was able to go to ctrl+alt+delete and i can sign out but I still can’t go to task manager. Please help me I have school tomorrow and I have 2 projects due today that I am yet to pass. I also have personal files here. please help me, I beg of you.

:)

Rod Paulo Duran, Aug 9, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC won’t respond to anything I do :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 9, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

PC won’t respond to anything I do

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

PC won’t respond to anything I do

1. PC won’t respond to anything I do - Similar Threads - won’t respond anything

2. Pc won’t load anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won’t load anything: Hi,I have a problem with my pc. When i start it up it works fine, i log in, i wait for it to load up, as soon as its loaded up, i press my brower, it opens, but doesnt load, it also doesnt work with programs, like games i play by example Apex, Minecraft, or Steam or Origin,...
  3. Pc won’t load anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won’t load anything: Hi,I have a problem with my pc. When i start it up it works fine, i log in, i wait for it to load up, as soon as its loaded up, i press my brower, it opens, but doesnt load, it also doesnt work with programs, like games i play by example Apex, Minecraft, or Steam or Origin,...
  4. My PC wouldn't respond to anything after an update or something, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wouldn't respond to anything after an update or something, what do i do?: So 4 days ago it was fine then something happened overnight and when i tried to open my PC and login and do usual stuff, it wouldnt respond and it slowed down alot. Once i finally logged in, i was met with an update that took awhile then after that, a black screen. Its been 3...
  5. My PC wouldn't respond to anything after an update or something, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC wouldn't respond to anything after an update or something, what do i do?: So 4 days ago it was fine then something happened overnight and when i tried to open my PC and login and do usual stuff, it wouldnt respond and it slowed down alot. Once i finally logged in, i was met with an update that took awhile then after that, a black screen. Its been 3...
  6. My PC wouldn't respond to anything after an update or something, what do i do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Keyboard Won’t Respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Won’t Respond: Hello, i’m not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, but I figure there’s probably professionals here who know something. So I’m pretty positive this is not a hardware problem, this is a brand new gaming laptop. I have used this free driver updating software...
  8. PC won’t display anything.

PC won’t display anything.: Hello, yesterday I had an issue where my PC suddenly stopped displaying anything and the screen went black but everything worked fine and I could hear my friends ingame. I shut off my pc scared it was a virus attack, but I think I did the wrong thin. Whenever I try to start...
  9. new pc won’t detect anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new pc won’t detect anything: i have just built my new pc. i made sure everything is plugged jn and working fine. but when i try and open up bios, absolutrly nothing happens. i also went to the microsoft software downloads page on a seporate laptop and then downloaded the windows media creation tool onto...
  10. My computer won’t load anything what do I do?

My computer won’t load anything what do I do?: I cant click into anything! It wont let me search also nothing on my taskbar is showing up what do i do? Also internet wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-load-anything-what-do-i-do/f9b27b17-6a22-4c7d-80d5-22b047524bef