Windows 10: PC won't shut down or restart properly

Discus and support PC won't shut down or restart properly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I recently installed a new CPU and motherboard and my computer won't shut down or restart properly. I've installed most of the drivers, with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MichaelWan3, Apr 18, 2019.

1. PC won't shut down or restart properly

Hi,

I recently installed a new CPU and motherboard and my computer won't shut down or restart properly. I've installed most of the drivers, with the exception of the Intel Management Engine driver. However, in device manager it shows that I already have it installed, so.

With fast startup enabled, the computer monitors shut down but the rest of the components keep running. The only way to turn it off is to force shut down. With fast startup disabled, it gets stuck on the "shutting down" and "restarting" screens.

I also tried doing a reinstall of Windows 10. No luck.

When I tried starting up in safe mode, there was no issue shutting down.

Any help here would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

MichaelWan3, Apr 18, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused PC won't shut down or restart properly :confused:*Mad PC won't shut down or restart properly :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Apr 18, 2019
  3. win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Apr 18, 2019
  4. PC won't shut down or restart properly

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

PC won't shut down or restart properly

1. PC won't shut down or restart properly - Similar Threads - won't shut down

2. PC not shutting Down Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not shutting Down Properly: Lately, when I try shutting down my PC, the screen goes through the usual process, and goes dark, but my CPU's power light shows a solid green light. The fan keeps blowing and I can see an orange light on the motherboard if I open it.I have a Dell T5500 CPU. Please help on...
  3. PC not shutting Down Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not shutting Down Properly: Lately, when I try shutting down my PC, the screen goes through the usual process, and goes dark, but my CPU's power light shows a solid green light. The fan keeps blowing and I can see an orange light on the motherboard if I open it.I have a Dell T5500 CPU. Please help on...
  4. PC not shutting Down Properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC won't shut down nor restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't shut down nor restart: Hi,From time to time my PC shows "freezing behavior": suddenly programs don't run e,g opening Edge goes as far as a blank screen, the task manager cannot be closed properly and worse, the PV won't shutdown nor restart, the only thing I can do is shutting down by pressing and...
  6. PC won't shut down nor restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't shut down nor restart: Hi,From time to time my PC shows "freezing behavior": suddenly programs don't run e,g opening Edge goes as far as a blank screen, the task manager cannot be closed properly and worse, the PV won't shutdown nor restart, the only thing I can do is shutting down by pressing and...
  7. PC won't shut down nor restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not shutting down but restart: Shutdown button not working. When you click it, the function will be restart. The PC will only restart. Restart button has correct function though. I need help. I dont know this kind of scenario in PC....
  9. Laptop won't restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't restart or shut down: If I attempt to restart the laptop it shows the black screen with the dots rotating with the "restarting" text on it and nothing happens, If I try to shut down the same happens only with the "shutting down" text. I tried shutting down all programs before turning off and It...
  10. PC won't shut down or restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't shut down or restart.: Hi all, this is fairly simple to explain, so I'm gonna have 2 categories. 1: The Shutdown Basically, whenever I press on shutdown, or shutdown from my PC button, my Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard lose power, however my PC is still on. 2: The Restart This one is the easiest to...