Windows 10: PC won't shut down or restart properly

Discus and support PC won't shut down or restart properly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I recently installed a new CPU and motherboard and my computer won't shut down or restart properly. I've installed most of the drivers, with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MichaelWan3, Apr 18, 2019.

1. PC won't shut down or restart properly

Hi,

I recently installed a new CPU and motherboard and my computer won't shut down or restart properly. I've installed most of the drivers, with the exception of the Intel Management Engine driver. However, in device manager it shows that I already have it installed, so.

With fast startup enabled, the computer monitors shut down but the rest of the components keep running. The only way to turn it off is to force shut down. With fast startup disabled, it gets stuck on the "shutting down" and "restarting" screens.

I also tried doing a reinstall of Windows 10. No luck.

When I tried starting up in safe mode, there was no issue shutting down.

Any help here would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

MichaelWan3, Apr 18, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused PC won't shut down or restart properly :confused:*Mad PC won't shut down or restart properly :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Apr 18, 2019
  3. win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Apr 18, 2019
  4. PC won't shut down or restart properly

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

PC won't shut down or restart properly

1. PC won't shut down or restart properly - Similar Threads - won't shut down

2. windows 10 won't restart only shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 won't restart only shut down: my windows vs. 1809 run okay.. until I want to restart with no programs open the PC starts to shut down to restart ,, the monitor goes black.., then the monitor goes to sleep, ( no signal to monitor) the it just sits there for many many minutes until I manually shut down with...
  3. pc shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc shutting down: so my pc has been shutting down randomly no error codes or anything straight to black that made me think it was the psu well i replaced it and still persists and the only thing event viewer is showing is this 9 - <Event...
  4. Not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Not shutting down properly: Hi all *Smile Bit of a strange problem with Windows 10 on my desktop - it doesn't seem to shut down properly. I get the usual 'shutting down' screen, but (sometimes) when it turns back on it's resumes at a stage maybe 30 seconds before I switched it off. For example, if I...
  5. My PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC won't shut down: When i try to shutdown my pc from windows button the shutting down screen comes but a few seconds later the error screen pops up(the one that has sad face). It gathers some information about the error automatically and then restarts itself. I have to force shut from the...
  6. Pc will not shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc will not shut down: Hello! I have virtually a new pc, it's running Windows 10. The problem is I cannot shut it down. I click start, then the power button , then shut down. The message on the screen says shutting down, then it restarts. Must be setting somewhere. Cheers,...
  7. Windows 10 won't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't shut down properly: Why won't Windows 10 shut down. I get a blue screen "shutting down." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-wont-shut-down-properly/4e1a4ae5-c2f7-4b25-b220-21471e59e392
  8. PC is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is not shutting down: i have windows 10 and hp elitbook 8460p laptop but when i am clicking on shutdown or hibernate the screen goes black and black forever. until my laptop battery come empty, i also changed windows but now in this windows first some times it shut down, but now it is also not...
  9. Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't: OS: Windows 10 Home (w/creator's update) Asrock Z270 Fatality Gaming K6 (UEFI bios ver: 2.00) i5-7600K (not OC'd) Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4 3000 (2x8) EVGA GTX 970 SC Built this rig a few weeks ago. Everything is working fine, except for this odd power issue. When I...
  10. Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, I remain perplexed about this one issue that is plaguing my system: Almost every shut down is reported in the Windows 10 Reliability Monitor as the computer was not shut down properly. This happens on both shut downs and restarts using...