Windows 10: Pc won't shut down (solved)

Discus and support Pc won't shut down (solved) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My father's pc had this problem that it wouldn't turn off after pressing shut down, it took like 10 minutes to turn off. Today finally i solved the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/male_bodiezz, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Pc won't shut down (solved)

My father's pc had this problem that it wouldn't turn off after pressing shut down, it took like 10 minutes to turn off. Today finally i solved the problem. First i performed a clean installation but it still had the problem, so after browsing and trying different metods that didnt fix it including unchecking "fast start" from power options, i booted in "safe mode with networking", when i was in the desktop something kept trying to start itself, but it couldn't open (because internet was off i found out later) causing a window to pop up with the option "end now", once ended it, this thing was trying to open again itself but couldnt causing the window with the "end now" option to pop up again. And so on.. meanwhile i couldnt do anything with my cursor cause it was loading this app... when i turned internet on i finally realized that this thing trying to open itself was a windows help and support thing redirecting me to a microsoft website on Edge, when closed, the process started again. Then i tried closing One Drive from the task bar and it fixed it, nothing was opening by itself anymore and i was able to use the pc again. From that point the shut down problem was fixed. I tried so many times to fix it and there was absolutely no way, could anything stupid above have prevented the pc to shut down?

submitted by /u/male_bodiezz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/male_bodiezz, Dec 22, 2020

2. pc won`t update

I`ve been trying to solve this problem for 3 months to no avail.

PLEASE HELP!!!

EVERY time the computer check new updates, the following message appears:

We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

My PC is connected to the internet, so this could not be the problem.

you`ve only directed me to a window link, which I don`T really understand.

Could ANYONE PLEASE send me a simple answer how I can solve this problem step by step???????

Thanks.

Arnon

ArnonZlotnik, Dec 22, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Pc won't shut down (solved)

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Pc won't shut down (solved)

1. Pc won't shut down (solved) - Similar Threads - won't shut down

2. PC won't shut down nor restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't shut down nor restart: Hi,From time to time my PC shows "freezing behavior": suddenly programs don't run e,g opening Edge goes as far as a blank screen, the task manager cannot be closed properly and worse, the PV won't shutdown nor restart, the only thing I can do is shutting down by pressing and...
  3. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  4. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  5. PC won't shut down or restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't shut down or restart.: Hi all, this is fairly simple to explain, so I'm gonna have 2 categories. 1: The Shutdown Basically, whenever I press on shutdown, or shutdown from my PC button, my Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard lose power, however my PC is still on. 2: The Restart This one is the easiest to...
  6. PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't shut down: Installed Windows 10 on a Lenovo M81 and when clicking on shutdown from the Start menu the screen shuts off but the machine keeps running, I have to manually power off by holding down the button. The OS is on a SSD and I just updated the BIOS. Any suggestions? submitted by...
  7. Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't: Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't, monitor shuts down i have to use power button. This all started after update on 8/20. I have tried all the fixes like turn off fast startup. shutdown /s /f /t 0 worked 1 time submitted by /u/smokingjoker52 [link] [comments]...
  8. PC won't shut down or restart properly

PC won't shut down or restart properly: Hi, I recently installed a new CPU and motherboard and my computer won't shut down or restart properly. I've installed most of the drivers, with the exception of the Intel Management Engine driver. However, in device manager it shows that I already have it installed, so....
  9. My PC won't shut down

My PC won't shut down: When i try to shutdown my pc from windows button the shutting down screen comes but a few seconds later the error screen pops up(the one that has sad face). It gathers some information about the error automatically and then restarts itself. I have to force shut from the...
  10. Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't: OS: Windows 10 Home (w/creator's update) Asrock Z270 Fatality Gaming K6 (UEFI bios ver: 2.00) i5-7600K (not OC'd) Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4 3000 (2x8) EVGA GTX 970 SC Built this rig a few weeks ago. Everything is working fine, except for this odd power issue. When I...