Windows 10: PC won't shutdown, fans & LEDs on, results in error 6608

Discus and support PC won't shutdown, fans & LEDs on, results in error 6608 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I've searched and searched but all to no avail. I built a PC a couple of months back and the last few weeks I've had this really annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Beanz, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Beanz Win User

PC won't shutdown, fans & LEDs on, results in error 6608

Hi there,

I've searched and searched but all to no avail. I built a PC a couple of months back and the last few weeks I've had this really annoying problem occurring randomly, but more often. I use the PC, go to shut it down (start > shutdown), but can also be a restart, same effect, Windows does it's shutdown, monitor turns off, then the fans speed up to max for a split second then back down to 'normal', but the PC never actually shuts down. The PC stays on, fans running, all LED's on, graphics card and WiFi card still powered up, and it never, however long I leave it properly powers off.

I have tried everything including BIOS settings, updating the BIOS, power options, reconnecting cables, all to no avail.

I checked last night and even though Windows appears to have completely shut down before it 'hangs', Event Viewer shows error 6608, an unexpected shutdown occurred. I was surprised by this as I always thought that Windows had fully shut down by this point.

The PC is as follows:
    - Intel i5 6600K
    - Asus Z170A mobo
    - Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz DDR4 RAM
    - GTX970 graphics card
    - TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 WiFi card
    - EVGA Super NOVA 850W PSU

This issue does not happen every time, I can use the PC for a short time browsing the web etc and it doesn't seem to happen so much, but after a gaming session it's pretty much guaranteed to happen.

After Googling I found others with similar issues but nothing has worked for me thus far: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en...wn+led+fans+on

If anyone has any ideas it'd be much appreciated as I am stumped and it is very very annoying.

Many thanks,

:)

Beanz, Mar 21, 2016
  2. reaa.co Win User

Computer won't go to sleep

Hi,

I'm having issues with sleep and shutdown after I upgraded to Windows 10, the Dell Studio XPS 8100 won't go to sleep. The screen turns off, but the power LED stays on and the fan as well.

Any solution for this problem?

Thanks

[Original title: win10]

reaa.co, Mar 21, 2016
  3. Shotdown problem in WINDOWS 10

Since my laptop came up with Windows 10 ,I had shutdown problem ,fans rotating and Led on

thithinkadya, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

PC won't shutdown, fans & LEDs on, results in error 6608

1. PC won't shutdown, fans & LEDs on, results in error 6608 - Similar Threads - won't shutdown fans

2. PC Won't shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Won't shutdown: Hello, so i use ethernet cable to acces internet but sometimes i need to switch to 4G when internet is slow or has issues so i have to go through my phone.I can't do it with hotspot so i have to do it with the USB cable since i don't have wireless card , once i plug it into a...
  3. PC Won't shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't shutdown: Hello, so i use ethernet cable to acces internet but sometimes i need to switch to 4G when internet is slow or has issues so i have to go through my phone.I can't do it with hotspot so i have to do it with the USB cable since i don't have wireless card , once i plug it into a...
  4. PC Won't shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. LED mouse won't turn off after shutdown, tried everything!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LED mouse won't turn off after shutdown, tried everything!: Hi, I bought an LED gaming mouse and it the light won't turn off after shutting down my computer. It's quite annoying as it's very bright and in my bedroom. The developer has already told me there is no button or software to turn the LED light off on the mouse. I have...
  6. GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.: I was using my pc yesterday for gaming playing rome 2. The laptop worked fine all day with no issue unitl 10pm then I exit programs and go to start and manually selected shutdown. One hour later,I get power led light up, but the screen is black and fans are not working....
  7. pc shutdown, 5 beeps vga led on restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc shutdown, 5 beeps vga led on restart: pc aorus gaming 3 wifi i5 9400f rx xfx 480 4gb this only happens when im playing path of exile my gpu temperature is above 85-90 then my pc just shutdown and when i try to turn it on my motherboard have 4 leds cpu, vram, vga and boot it stuck on vga and beep 5 times. 146626
  8. Mastercase H500p - front fan LEDs not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mastercase H500p - front fan LEDs not working: Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, but I'm having a hard time finding an answer... I recently bought a PC tower (CyberPower Gaming Knight Elite MSF091802 Desktop) from the Microsoft store. I needed it for its powerful graphics card,...
  9. Fresh Windows 10. Case fan/LEDs and CPU fan stay on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fresh Windows 10. Case fan/LEDs and CPU fan stay on after shutdown: I just built a new PC. All parts are brand new. Here are the specs: CPU: Intel i3-8100 GPU: NVidia 1050ti Motherboard: MSI B360M Gaming Plus RAM: 1x8 Gb G.SKill 3000 MHz Storage: Samsung 960Evo 500 Gb OS: Windows 10 Pro PSU: Evga bronze 80+ 500W Case: Rosewill Gram...
  10. Custom system won't boot (fans + pw led but nothing else)

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom system won't boot (fans + pw led but nothing else): System in question: Epsilon - s Saved Part List - Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core, Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR, Core V1 Mini ITX Tower - PCPartPicker Canada All components are new except the video card, HDD, and monitors I built and had it up and running on Monday and...