Windows 10: pc wont shutdown

Discus and support pc wont shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so i have this problem when i play ac odyssey for 3 hours. the issue start when i close the app i cant open any windows on my pc i cant open chrome for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eizen101, Sep 15, 2020.

1. eizen101 Win User

pc wont shutdown

so i have this problem when i play ac odyssey for 3 hours. the issue start when i close the app i cant open any windows on my pc i cant open chrome for example and when i go to the task manager it show ac odyssey on the background apps taking 6g of my disk and i cant end the task. ive tried ending it with task manager its says access denied ive tried process hacker and it wont work either again tried to shutdown my pc from cmd and nothing happens. need some help plz. ty

:)

eizen101, Sep 15, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Sep 15, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Zeeba# Win User

pc wont shutdown

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

pc wont shutdown

1. pc wont shutdown - Similar Threads - wont shutdown

2. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  3. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  4. My PC wont shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown: So, I was messing with RegEdit and i think I accidentally deleted something i dont know. Yesterday my pc wont shutdown, as soon as i click shtdown, it turns back on. So i did shift then shutdown. It worked, but today, it only goes to safe mode. Nothing works there properly....
  5. My PC wont shutdown

My PC wont shutdown: So, I was messing with RegEdit and i think I accidentally deleted something i dont know. Yesterday my pc wont shutdown, as soon as i click shtdown, it turns back on. So i did shift then shutdown. It worked, but today, it only goes to safe mode. Nothing works there properly....
  6. My PC wont shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My PC wont shutdown yesterday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown yesterday: So, I was messing with RegEdit and i think I accidentally deleted something i dont know. Yesterday my pc wont shutdown, as soon as i click shtdown, it turns back on. So i did shift then shutdown. It worked, but today, it only goes to safe mode. Nothing works there properly....
  8. My PC wont shutdown yesterday

My PC wont shutdown yesterday: So, I was messing with RegEdit and i think I accidentally deleted something i dont know. Yesterday my pc wont shutdown, as soon as i click shtdown, it turns back on. So i did shift then shutdown. It worked, but today, it only goes to safe mode. Nothing works there properly....
  9. My PC wont shutdown yesterday

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep

Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep: I want to apologize if this comes off as a jumbled mess. It's an odd issue that I am very confused about. Any advice is greatly appreciated.When I go to shutdown PC inside of Windows 11, the computer shuts down like normal and then stays off around 3 seconds and powers itself...