Windows 10: pc wont sleep after the first time

Discus and support pc wont sleep after the first time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; WINDOWS 10 I've built this Pc back in June and back then it wouldn't go to sleep at all. i fixed that issue by disabling a bunch of stuff like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/honeydip23, Aug 25, 2020.

1. pc wont sleep after the first time

WINDOWS 10

I've built this Pc back in June and back then it wouldn't go to sleep at all. i fixed that issue by disabling a bunch of stuff like keyboard mouse and network adapters.

now i got a new problem on my hand. my pc goes to sleep just fine the first time but when i wake it up i cant put it back to sleep since it wakes up again in less then a second after i press sleep. so i'm forced to shut down my pc and when i power it up it can go to sleep from there.

i tried going into cmd and using lastwake but nothing shows up i looked for an answer online but no once seems to have the some problem that i do so am just posting this here to see if u guys can help me with this.

submitted by /u/honeydip23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/honeydip23, Aug 25, 2020
  2. newguy24 Win User

New PC wont sleep

I have set in the properties on the PC to sleep after 25min...hard disk turn off after 30min and monitor shutoff after 30min....but for some reason it wont do it.....im wondering why, just don't want to have PC running all day for no reason....running windows 7....sometimes i would like it to continue a download i will be downloading so i may have to disable it now and then but for the most part rather it just go into sleep mode.

any ideas why it wont SLEEP! lol

newguy24, Aug 25, 2020
  3. larrymcg Win User
    PC Wont sleep

My Win10 Home system was sleeping like it should until the recent major update happened. Now it won't go to sleep and if I force it to sleep it wakes up at some later time. I just saw another thread in this forum that had a suggested change. I'm going to try that.
    The thread is
    My new Pc doesnt respond to power options - Windows 10 Forums

-- Larry

larrymcg, Aug 25, 2020
  4. pc wont sleep after the first time

PC wont sleep

My pc wont go into sleep mode and says realtec driver is in use and an audio stream is in use

rogervansteeden, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

pc wont sleep after the first time

1. pc wont sleep after the first time - Similar Threads - wont sleep

2. Acer laptop wont wake up from sleep after extended period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer laptop wont wake up from sleep after extended period of time: Hey, I have a A515-45-r4rp laptop. Recently I've noticed that when I close the lid for a few hours the laptop goes to sleep no problem, and wakes right up after I lift the lid back up. However I've got a problem where I'll close the lid and leave the laptop to sleep overnight...
  3. Acer laptop wont wake up from sleep after extended period of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer laptop wont wake up from sleep after extended period of time: Hey, I have a A515-45-r4rp laptop. Recently I've noticed that when I close the lid for a few hours the laptop goes to sleep no problem, and wakes right up after I lift the lid back up. However I've got a problem where I'll close the lid and leave the laptop to sleep overnight...
  4. My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.: I don't know what's happening, I've checked the setting->power and battery->screen and sleep. I changed it all and its set to like 5 min screen of and 15 sleep, but it won't actually do either. I want it to be able to sleep and turn the screen off automatically cause I will...
  5. My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.

My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.: I don't know what's happening, I've checked the setting->power and battery->screen and sleep. I changed it all and its set to like 5 min screen of and 15 sleep, but it won't actually do either. I want it to be able to sleep and turn the screen off automatically cause I will...
  6. laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...: so this has happens multiple times and on one occasion happens 3 times in a span of one day. problem: after the laptop boots up from sleep, a couple seconds later it'll just shuts down no warning, the laptop just powers off instantly and if i turn it back on, it'll powers up...
  7. laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...: so this has happens multiple times and on one occasion happens 3 times in a span of one day. problem: after the laptop boots up from sleep, a couple seconds later it'll just shuts down no warning, the laptop just powers off instantly and if i turn it back on, it'll powers up...
  8. laptop sudddenly shuts down after sleep mode and wont boot back into windows unless being...

9. Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep: I want to apologize if this comes off as a jumbled mess. It's an odd issue that I am very confused about. Any advice is greatly appreciated.When I go to shutdown PC inside of Windows 11, the computer shuts down like normal and then stays off around 3 seconds and powers itself...
  10. Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep

Windows wont Shutdown or Sleep: I want to apologize if this comes off as a jumbled mess. It's an odd issue that I am very confused about. Any advice is greatly appreciated.When I go to shutdown PC inside of Windows 11, the computer shuts down like normal and then stays off around 3 seconds and powers itself...