Windows 10: PC won't sleep

Discus and support PC won't sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi people, I have a workaround for a PC that won't go into sleep or hybrid sleep mode, that allows a security password to become active, as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by D.C.W.D.C.W, Dec 22, 2019.

1. PC won't sleep

Hi people, I have a workaround for a PC that won't go into sleep or hybrid sleep mode, that allows a security password to become active, as well as saving some power. I have tried hibernate and found it to be unsatisfactory, the delay to resume is annoying. I have also spent hours trying to solve the sleep issue with no success, I suspect I may have a driver update issues due to the age of my PC.

Workaround:

1. Turn on screen saver for the desired time and check 'On resume, display log-on screen.' This activates the password requirement.

2. In Power and Sleep settings, turn 'Screen' off a few minutes after the screensaver. This will reduce the power being used. Now I can resume my work quickly while having password security.

3. Then, at a much later time, I activate Hibernate. Note, of course, nothing is auto-saved until hibernate becomes active.

Hoping this will help someone.

:)

D.C.W.D.C.W, Dec 22, 2019

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Dec 22, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. PC won't sleep

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

PC won't sleep

1. PC won't sleep - Similar Threads - won't sleep

2. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...
  3. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...
  4. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...
  5. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...
  6. PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything: Windows 11, AMD 7800X3D, Asus Mobo, 4090.Yesterday was first time I've been using Sleep button in Windows. You know the option near Turn Off PC, Logout...When my PC goes to sleep due to inactivity I had zero problems to wake him up with the mouse or keyboard.Monitor says no...
  7. PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything

PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything: Windows 11, AMD 7800X3D, Asus Mobo, 4090.Yesterday was first time I've been using Sleep button in Windows. You know the option near Turn Off PC, Logout...When my PC goes to sleep due to inactivity I had zero problems to wake him up with the mouse or keyboard.Monitor says no...
  8. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  9. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  10. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...