Windows 10: PC Wont sleep

Discus and support PC Wont sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I seem to be having problems where my PC wont sleep after 30mins as its set to. Any help would be great thanks 29827 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mitchell, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Mitchell Win User

PC Wont sleep

Hi,
    I seem to be having problems where my PC wont sleep after 30mins as its set to.

Any help would be great

thanks

:)

Mitchell, Nov 13, 2015
  2. SAM-1 Win User
    SAM-1, Nov 13, 2015
  3. PC does not go to Sleep Mode in Windows 10

After posting my question did some search and found the solution in the following link:

http://www.technipages.com/windows-10-pc-wont-go-to-sleep-mode.
    The link has a tutorial on how to set the Sleep Mode function in Power Options and it works on my PC. I selected 'Allow the Computer to Sleep' in the multimedia settings of the Power Options
    and rebooted the computer. The PC goes to sleep after the time selected in the Power Options. This may work on other PCs as well.

Shiva Shivakumar, Nov 13, 2015
  4. larrymcg Win User

PC Wont sleep

My Win10 Home system was sleeping like it should until the recent major update happened. Now it won't go to sleep and if I force it to sleep it wakes up at some later time. I just saw another thread in this forum that had a suggested change. I'm going to try that.
    The thread is
    My new Pc doesnt respond to power options - Windows 10 Forums

-- Larry

larrymcg, Nov 14, 2015
  5. Mitchell Win User
    I think I figured out what was wrong.
    But I need to do testing.

I had to change a setting in my plan, that allowed PC to sleep whilst streaming media

Mitchell, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC Wont sleep

1. PC Wont sleep - Similar Threads - Wont sleep

2. Computer Wont wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Wont wake up from sleep: I updated my laptop HP Stream Laptop while updating the computer to finish its update in sleep mode. After this was finished the laptop was stuck in sleep mode. I hard reset the computer and it launched fine. After further observations looking through the logs on the update...
  3. Computer wont sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer wont sleep automatically: This started happening over the last couple of days. I came home from a friend's house last night at around 4AM to see my computer awake with the monitor dark. Odd. I check Event Viewer and Universal Orchestrator did its' song and dance at around 1:30AM. Seems like that woke...
  4. Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.

Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.: My mouse won't wake up my laptop after sleep. I have the lid closed and the laptop connected to a monitor with the lid closed setting to "do nothing". The mouse will allow my older laptop to wake up the computer. am I missing a setting? both laptops are operating Windows...
  5. Windows 10 gaming pc wont sleep automatically anymore.

Windows 10 gaming pc wont sleep automatically anymore.: Hey guys, my pc used to sleep automatically and now it doesn't. I have no idea why, I tried every fix I could find online and nothing worked. I tried the multimedia settings fix, and many others. The multimedia settings fix solved my issue for a day then it went back to not...
  6. Monitor wont come on after sleep / hybernate

Monitor wont come on after sleep / hybernate: I just built a PC and installed Windows 10 from DVD. I installed all drivers and everything seems to work OK. However, when windows shuts down the display or goes into sleep mode, the monitor wont come back on. I tab the (USB) keyboard and try the (USB) mouse but nothing. I...
  7. Laptop wont wake up from sleep mode (Windows 10)

Laptop wont wake up from sleep mode (Windows 10): Hi there, I've recently started having this problem when i leave my laptop for about 20 the keyboard lights stay on but the screen is black, but when i try to activate it from the keyboard or power button it wont turn on and i would have to restart my laptop. When i...
  8. Computer wont wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer wont wake from sleep: I have been reading forum posts about this since it seems to be a common problem, but I have tried everything that I have read about with no changes. I have a Dell 13 9370 with the latest version of Windows 10 (version 1903). I have tried: Adjust the power settings....
  9. Windows 10 wont wake from sleep

Windows 10 wont wake from sleep: I have windows 10 on my laptop, and it wont wake up after I close the lid without restarting it. I have tried tweaking the settings, but it still won't wake up. It is also super slow to start up when I do wake it up. Any ideas?...
  10. Laptop wont come out from sleep mode in windows 10

Laptop wont come out from sleep mode in windows 10: Hi there, this problem started to have recently and i did not update anything expect the graphic cards. So when i put my laptop on sleep mode from directly clicking on power button or going start - sleep. when i try to wake it up by moving my mouse or mousepad or keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wind 10 pc wont sleep when update in progress