Windows 10: Pc won't sleep

Discus and support Pc won't sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just built this pc and I've been having problems getting this thing to go to sleep.when I click the sleep button in windows in goes off then come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/honeydip23, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Pc won't sleep

I just built this pc and I've been having problems getting this thing to go to sleep.when I click the sleep button in windows in goes off then come back in less then a 2 second's. The only time I'm able to get it to go to sleep is if I shut it down then put it to sleep .I've tried everything from checking to see if something was waking up my PC by going into powercfg -lastwake nothing shows up. Disabled my network adapter to wake up my PC .Checked scheduled tasks and nothing. Updated my windows as well.

Have any of you had this probelm cuz I'm clueless

submitted by /u/honeydip23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/honeydip23, Jul 24, 2020
  2. kobib Win User

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up.

Pc won't sleep [​IMG]

I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums.
    1. All the drivers updated
    2. Turn of all wake timers and allow device to wake up the computer from mouse, keyboard, Realtek PCIe Controller, Wireless AC.
    3. Turn "wake computer" from UpdateOrchestrator in Task Scheduler
    4. Run all the troubleshooters from windows
    5. Reinstalled Windows latest build
    6. Tried on older Windows build

Has anyone can suggest anything else ?
    It drives me crazy , its suddenly happened and now a can't find any solution

kobib, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jul 26, 2020
  4. CWS666 Win User

Pc won't sleep

PC Won't Sleep

Hi,

Followed the steps in the post referred to above.

Power Troubleshooting found no problems

Followed the other link and amended the advanced settings as advised in that link. There was no change at first, the sleep button sent the PC to sleep but it woke up almost immediately. The sleep function still didn't work if the PC was left however, after
    rebooting the PC, sleep worked fine as did the sleep button on the keyboard. I have now taken a copy of the settings table in case it happens again.

Thank you for your help, it was much appreciated.

Charlie Simpson

CWS666, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Pc won't sleep

1. Pc won't sleep - Similar Threads - won't sleep

2. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...
  3. Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Sometimes Won't Turn Off After Shutdown or Enter Sleep Correctly: hello,So I have been having a strange problem. It doesn't happen ALOT but it does happen. Out of nowhere when I shut down the computer in Windows the screen will turn off but the computer will stay on. The keyboard lights and mouse lights go out. Pressing keys does nothing. I...
  4. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...
  5. LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep

LG Gram 17" laptop won't wake from sleep: I am running Windows 11 Home version. Seems recently I cannot seem to get the laptop to wake from sleep mode without holding down the power button and restarting the laptop.This is a recent thing as last month, tapping the spacebar would always wake the laptop. I even went as...
  6. PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything: Windows 11, AMD 7800X3D, Asus Mobo, 4090.Yesterday was first time I've been using Sleep button in Windows. You know the option near Turn Off PC, Logout...When my PC goes to sleep due to inactivity I had zero problems to wake him up with the mouse or keyboard.Monitor says no...
  7. PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything

PC won't wake up from sleep, I tried almost everything: Windows 11, AMD 7800X3D, Asus Mobo, 4090.Yesterday was first time I've been using Sleep button in Windows. You know the option near Turn Off PC, Logout...When my PC goes to sleep due to inactivity I had zero problems to wake him up with the mouse or keyboard.Monitor says no...
  8. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  9. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  10. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...