Windows 10: PC wont start after WIN10 Updates fiasco . . .and attempts to rectify!

Discus and support PC wont start after WIN10 Updates fiasco . . .and attempts to rectify! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after 3 days of trying to sort my pc after win10 updates, thought i would waste my time seeing if microsoft was interested? my machine a lenovo h520... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stuart T. Walsh, Sep 23, 2018.

1. PC wont start after WIN10 Updates fiasco . . .and attempts to rectify!

after 3 days of trying to sort my pc after win10 updates, thought i would waste my time seeing if microsoft was interested?

my machine a lenovo h520 ,config 57317718, machine type 10094, cpu 62830 h520, hdd 1t, ram 4g

was win 8 updated to 10 when forced to . . . . and muddled through with microsoft fantastic bug free updates!

the main problems was exteme uasge of cpu/disk, with win system and its components cycling through endlessly with 3 to 4 several items suspended cortana,edge etc.

to combat this tried to restore to before update . . no go , then attempted maintenance, slowed to a stop .. and finally after disk running 100/ all night.

pulled the plug this morning after frozen and screen wont light up but can see/hear the disk working nominally.

any ideas, other than a new computer which seems to be the default response nowadays?

beyond peed off

(linux mint sounds better all the time you know?)

stw

:)

Stuart T. Walsh, Sep 23, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 23, 2018
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Sep 23, 2018
  4. PC wont start after WIN10 Updates fiasco . . .and attempts to rectify!

Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

PC wont start after WIN10 Updates fiasco . . .and attempts to rectify!

1. PC wont start after WIN10 Updates fiasco . . .and attempts to rectify! - Similar Threads - wont start WIN10

2. Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco: I'm one of the people for whom the KB5034441 update failed to install.With reboots, etc, I was able to install all the other January '24 updates. However, after checking Windows Event Viewer, I have noticed that since the above-mentioned update failure, I am getting the...
  3. Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco: I'm one of the people for whom the KB5034441 update failed to install.With reboots, etc, I was able to install all the other January '24 updates. However, after checking Windows Event Viewer, I have noticed that since the above-mentioned update failure, I am getting the...
  4. Getting new errors since the Win10 KB5034441 Update fiasco

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2H22 fiasco

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2H22 fiasco: I tried installing the 2H22 upgrade a month ago from the preview site. Very prolonged install and after kept getting crashes requiring reboots. I finally just unstalled the update and things returned to baseline. As the final version of 2H22 is available I tried to do a clean...
  6. 2H22 fiasco

2H22 fiasco: I tried installing the 2H22 upgrade a month ago from the preview site. Very prolonged install and after kept getting crashes requiring reboots. I finally just unstalled the update and things returned to baseline. As the final version of 2H22 is available I tried to do a clean...
  7. PC not booting after attempted 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not booting after attempted 1903 update: Hi, last night I attempted to install the 1903 update but it froze at the working on updates screen at 25% (spinning dots frozen as well) for hours, so I rebooted to try again, however the computer wouldn’t boot at all, it seemed as though there was no output to the monitor...
  8. Mail Fiasco

Mail Fiasco: Well here I go again. Last year I was having a problem with the Mail App in Windows 10. To be specific when I opened the Mail App to view my emails none of the messages were showing graphics or pictures just text - which looked like machine language writing. So after...
  9. Windows 10 update fiasco

Windows 10 update fiasco: I have just downloaded a very large windows 10 update and now find I have no pointer to enable me to engage with my computer; I am basically locked out. Any suggestions regarding how to fix this are most welcome :0)...
  10. Win10 . wont boot wont repeir wont fix after gigabyth app update

Win10 . wont boot wont repeir wont fix after gigabyth app update: Hello I have big issue with strating my win 10 after making update in gigabtyh app When he get to circle dots its freeze Win10 Usb boot ufei dident work . dvd also I Take out all cards and usbs that was connected. . I try all legecy and uefi methods Take cmos battry...