Windows 10: PC won't start, stucks at black screen

Discus and support PC won't start, stucks at black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know if it's an OS problem or idk anything at all just everytime when i try to boot it up i only see the logo (i can enter BIOS) and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sunnysideup69, Sep 12, 2017.

1. PC won't start, stucks at black screen

I don't know if it's an OS problem or idk anything at all just everytime when i try to boot it up i only see the logo (i can enter BIOS) and then everything turns black, i neither know how this happened or when? i just wokeup and couldn't start my PC. im running windows 10 pro on my machine

I think it's an OS problem. please help me out, i really need the PC running

intel core 3

geforce gt 640

4gb ram

:)

Sunnysideup69, Sep 12, 2017
  2. 4pokes500 Win User

Pc won't start

Hello, I have got a big problem.

Today I tried to reset my pc, at about 66% loading it said it had failed. My computer restarted and got stuck on a black screen. The black screen is before every other screen. So the only things I see when starting my PC are the Medion screen and after that
    a black screen. I have tried to reset it by putting in a reset disk, but it won't work.

Please help me

(Windows 10)

Regards,

4pokes500, Sep 12, 2017
  3. win 8 pre installed on laptop

I did free win 10 upgrade. now all of sudden my pc won't boot ,then black screen? won't do a recover? stuck !

[Windows / Windows 8 / Install, upgrade, & activate / Download and install]

JohnMoynihanZF, Sep 12, 2017
  4. NumberTen Win User

PC won't start, stucks at black screen

If you don't have windows on disc and cannot get into safe mode or login, then you'll need a windows image to repair. You could use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (click here) to burn an image to dvd or empty sd card using another computer. If your system has a drive then I would choose dvd for a permanent physical backup, although the procedure may be slower. Select the option within the tool to 'create installation media for another PC', the dvd drive or sd slot, and the correct version of windows 10, language etc. You may need to give the tool manual permission to access the internet. Before putting the finished verified disc or card in your own PC, make sure your system is set to boot initially from it through the bios menu. Other bios settings may need to be changed in order to boot from sd card for some systems. A Windows 10 disc image on boot should detect that you already have 10 installed, and give you the option to repair or reset.

You may have the option of a windows reset that can keep your documents,but there may be files it does not keep (browser bookmarks+password settings,software files) which a live disc might be useful for.Before repairing on a computer with very important documents you may instead want to consider creating and using a live recovery disc to be able to move files to an external drive for backup. With a problematic system I usually use a linux disc such as Knoppix in Live Mode to move my windows files to a portable drive. Similarly to move files you could also try this windows recovery environment (click here).

I have had black screens after login with 10 after major updates before, which were resolved holding down the Windows key and pressing R, typing explorer and enter. Restore wasn't usually needed-a reboot was often enough).

NumberTen, Sep 13, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    1) How old is the notebook?
    a) what is the model?
    b) does it have a HD or SSD drive?
    2) What information is there about the drive?
    3) Is there a history of any drive problems or has there been any recent SMART, short, or long generic testing?
    4) Which version of Windows 10 pro are you using? 1511, 1607. 1703 ?
    5) Are your files backed up?
    6) Had you made an image of the drive?

Find several flash drives that you can format.
    To boot to a USB drive you need to know the applicable F key by computer manufacturer or change the bios boot order:
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    The windows 10 iso may allow you to use the windows advanced troubleshooting menu on the iso to fix the computer if it is software:
    Download Windows 10
    The Kyphi method may allow you to save files and test the drive:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    Some additional methods to test the computer are
    1) Checking the RAM / DIMM / Motherboard running Memtest86+ for 8 or more passes: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    With 4 GB RAM that would be easy to accomplish overnight.
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    2) Checking the status of hardware directly and Windows indirectly by booting Ubuntu / Linux from a USB drive.
    How to Create a Bootable Linux USB Flash Drive, the Easy Way
    Ubuntu tutorials

zbook, Sep 13, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Is this an HP device? Note that there have been reports of the latest build update causing black screens on HP systems. Apparently it will sort itself out if you wait about 10mins. See the thread on the latest update in the news section.

Edit: I now see yours is an ASUS so this is not relevant.

philc43, Sep 13, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    I had this after yesterdays CU, it appeared the desktop screen was not appearing but it was there, I could open task manager & suspected an nVidia graphics update, I closed nVidia but nothing changed so I restarted in safe mode & uninstalled the driver & restarted & that worked.

Bastet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC won't start, stucks at black screen

1. PC won't start, stucks at black screen - Similar Threads - won't start stucks

2. Pc stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck on black screen: Whenever I turn on my pc it shows windows logo then it loading as it boots up but then it just goes to a black screen I am unable to do anything and don’t know what to do...
  3. Pc stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck on black screen: Whenever I turn on my pc it shows windows logo then it loading as it boots up but then it just goes to a black screen I am unable to do anything and don’t know what to do...
  4. Pc stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pc starts up, but the screen is black, the keyboard and mouse won't work

Pc starts up, but the screen is black, the keyboard and mouse won't work: Hello. My husband has a problem, he changed the paste on his cpu, after that, his pc started to restart itself imediately after booting up, but now it boots up but shows nothing on the screen we checked and the monitor is working and the keyboard and mouse don't work, they...
  6. Pc stuck on black loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck on black loading screen: I put my computer in sleep mode earlier and left it like that for two hours, and come back and it can’t turn on, which is typical when I leave it in sleep mode.I have to shut it down and when it restarts, it is stuck on the black loading screen. My keyboard is unresponsive,...
  7. Pc stuck on black loading screen

Pc stuck on black loading screen: I put my computer in sleep mode earlier and left it like that for two hours, and come back and it can’t turn on, which is typical when I leave it in sleep mode.I have to shut it down and when it restarts, it is stuck on the black loading screen. My keyboard is unresponsive,...
  8. Pc stuck on black loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC stuck at black screen after choosing to start fresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck at black screen after choosing to start fresh: I have been having issues with my PC since January 14th I have another thread that I was trying to solve some errors with blue screening and other errors. Today I attempted to just wipe the pc and reinstall windows using the setting in windows 11. It got to the point where it...
  10. PC stuck at black screen after choosing to start fresh

PC stuck at black screen after choosing to start fresh: I have been having issues with my PC since January 14th I have another thread that I was trying to solve some errors with blue screening and other errors. Today I attempted to just wipe the pc and reinstall windows using the setting in windows 11. It got to the point where it...